Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimsby (h) Match Thread 07:14 - Aug 12 with 23047 viewsHullDale

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 07:15 - Aug 12 with 9625 viewsHullDale

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 07:16 - Aug 12 with 9619 viewsHullDale

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 20:09 - Aug 12 with 8998 viewsboromat

What are people's thoughts stick or twist with the starting eleven from Tuesday?

I'm in 2 minds. They played very well but do you leave Hendo out? I'm not sure. I can imagine the back 5 will stay as they are maybe O'Donnell comes back in but Slicker did very well.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 14:08 - Aug 13 with 8451 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 14:18 - Aug 13 with 8354 viewsboromat

Warning for main standers that usually arrive late. Only one turnstile is currently working!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 14:40 - Aug 13 with 8186 viewsEllDale

Small queues at the Sandy at 2.30 as well. Some system issue apparently.
One turnstile completely closed though.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 15:17 - Aug 13 with 8004 views442Dale

Big queues for the away end before kick off too.
Also for the post game review, and something brought up at the forum, why aren’t away fans situated in the centre of the stand to prevent any issues when they’re put near the Sandy?

It’d at least mean some of their fans watch the game!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 15:29 - Aug 13 with 7925 viewsrichfoad32

Dominated the first 20 mins, unlucky not to be in front. Ball hit the outside of the post when well placed and Hendo's had a couple of chances. Front two linking well, we need to score whilst on top because Grimsby are probably going to have a spell.
Login to get fewer ads

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 15:59 - Aug 13 with 7667 viewsSaxonDale

I enjoyed that half. As Richfoad says, we dominated the first 20 minutes and really should’ve been at least 1 up. Haven’t seen us since the opening day but the tweak of having Ball sitting is helping the midfield as they all seem to have less ground to cover. Both wingbacks have been excellent- really good carrying of the ball and the right decision every time at the end of it. Would like to see Tulloch involved a bit more and nitpicking I’m still not 100% convinced at times with our centre backs- thought it was a daft yellow for EEL. All in all though, a million times better and a good watch!
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 16:02 - Aug 13 with 7584 viewsisitme

I'm not sure how we haven't scored. Really good play cutting them open at will with a number of really good chances and great defending by Rodney. Sereki is looking good again.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 16:37 - Aug 13 with 7304 viewsKnavesmireBob

Would like to see Brierley on for a centre half. Change it up and let's try and win this game.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 16:40 - Aug 13 with 7266 viewselectricblue

Some poor officials today how the guy who went through Odoh didnt see a red card....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 16:55 - Aug 13 with 7101 viewsJames1980

Well that sucks😩

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 16:57 - Aug 13 with 7048 viewsIOMDale

Too depressing to properly put into words.

UTDNFS

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:00 - Aug 13 with 6953 viewssince58

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 16:57 - Aug 13 by IOMDale

Dross second half totally clueless no plan a never mind plan b. Ffs.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:04 - Aug 13 with 6833 viewsrichfoad32

Carried no threat in the second half, ran out of steam which is worrying. Three defeats against three teams not amongst the preseason favourites, also worrying.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:07 - Aug 13 with 6738 viewsIOMDale

I stick by what I said a few weeks back - that if Robbie lost the first three league games, it’d probably end up with Jim in as caretaker manager for the Swindon game.

I’m still not sure whether I want to see RS sacked but he’s certainly giving the board a whole table’s worth of food for thought.

UTDNFS

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:09 - Aug 13 with 6680 viewsDaleFan7

We didn't take our chances in the first half, were awful in the second half and still can't defend set pieces.

We can't play for 90 minutes and it's very worrying.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:12 - Aug 13 with 6583 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 16:57 - Aug 13 by IOMDale

.....every tear is a Waterfall.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:17 - Aug 13 with 6495 viewsSaxonDale

Second half Grimsby clearly had instruction as to not give our wingbacks the space they did first half and worryingly we carried very little threat after that. First time I’ve seen Sinclair and I thought he was poor. Didn’t run at their players, was too safe in possession and meant we had no creativity in the centre (despite in theory having 6 players behind the striker there!)

We deserved more from the game but worried that Stockdale’s lack of substitutions and reluctance to change things up contributed to that result. Our first half performance was the best I’ve seen us play for a while but unfortunately Stockdale needs results.

As an aside too- how poor are our centre backs at positioning from crosses? I haven’t rewatched the goal but Grimsby had 2/3 free headers second half which is sacrilege considering we have 3 centre backs! Not even going to bother analysing how we can concede from another set piece despite having about 7 players on the pitch over 6 foot.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 17:21]
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:17 - Aug 13 with 6476 views442Dale

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:09 - Aug 13 by DaleFan7

We didn't take our chances in the first half, were awful in the second half and still can't defend set pieces.

We can't play for 90 minutes and it's very worrying.

We weren’t awful in the second half but we definitely tired and it probably needed more changes if only for fresh legs in midfield. The unforced errors went through the roof and we didn’t put them on any near the sort of pressure as we had in the first half.

It’s the missed chances that are really costing us and it was almost inevitable that going in at the break at 0-0 would result in what happened. I know there will be the ‘another set-piece’ remarks, and that’s understandable, but it adds to the frustration because we defended them pretty well throughout until the goal.

Not sure what the answer is, that alone has to be the biggest concern because we can all see there’s potential there for a side that gets results but there is obviously something missing. It could be confidence, it could be something that might be impossible to achieve, it’s the not knowing that adds to the frustration.

Frustration can’t be allowed to continue over a period of weeks and months. That’s not being negative, that’s the challenge.

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:21 - Aug 13 with 6372 views442Dale

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:12 - Aug 13 by Yorkshire_Dale

.....every tear is a Waterfall.

Can’t believe their players were chasing after him when he ran off celebrating.

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:26 - Aug 13 with 6263 viewsHullDale

The board have a decision to make tonight, their first proper football decision.

Lost our first 3 league games for the first time in 16 years... can't put 2 good halves together... 3 games 3 set pieces conceded.

Stevenage & Swindon won't be easy games at all, and we could conceivably be on zero points after 11% of the season.

P3 W0 D0 L3 F1 A4 GD-3
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:27 - Aug 13 with 6216 viewsrichfoad32

Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:21 - Aug 13 by 442Dale

Can’t believe their players were chasing after him when he ran off celebrating.

He just needed a bit of TLC.
Grimsby (h) Match Thread on 17:36 - Aug 13 with 6037 viewsDalenet

I am completely lost after that. Nothing to say
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024