Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those new shirts 10:36 - Aug 14 with 3392 viewsChesham_Saint

Aside from the design being utter shit, did anyone else have a problem differentiating our players’ shirts from Leeds’ yesterday (both teams wearing dark shorts too).

To make it even less palatable, from the back we looked like England, or worse, the NLYs..!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Those new shirts on 10:43 - Aug 14 with 2309 viewsSadoldgit

Yes. Very strange that Leeds didn’t use another kit or at the very least lighter shorts.
Those new shirts on 10:55 - Aug 14 with 2283 viewsBerber

The ref should have taken a stance on that surely? Having said that, most of his decisions were iffy all afternoon.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 10:55]
Those new shirts on 11:01 - Aug 14 with 2264 viewsCapt_Koons

I fückin HATE this kit. All white on the back ffs!!! I would set my dog on anyone I saw wearing it if I had a dog that listened to me ffs!

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Those new shirts on 11:08 - Aug 14 with 2251 viewskernow

Those new shirts on 11:01 - Aug 14 by Capt_Koons

I fückin HATE this kit. All white on the back ffs!!! I would set my dog on anyone I saw wearing it if I had a dog that listened to me ffs!

Could you maybe be a bit more explicit in your condemnation ?. That way maybe your dog would take more notice ?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 11:08]
Those new shirts on 11:55 - Aug 14 with 2195 viewsGRIM

Those new shirts on 11:08 - Aug 14 by kernow

Could you maybe be a bit more explicit in your condemnation ?. That way maybe your dog would take more notice ?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 11:08]

This home kit is only slightly better than the dreadful 3rd strip.
Did they get it from the Army surplus store.
The Blue 2nd kit looks like it was designed by a 3 yr old.
You probably gathered I'm not a great fan of any of the new kit.
But it could be worse, it could like the new Man U dayglow kit.
Those new shirts on 12:03 - Aug 14 with 2164 viewskingslandstand1

Definitely. I'd almost go as far as to say that it confused the players as well at times, particularly with the bright sunlight

And yes, the kit is probably one of the worse we've had in years and has gone completely away from the club identity of red and white stripes
Those new shirts on 12:39 - Aug 14 with 2114 viewsSadoldgit

Sadly we are stuck with the kits this season, but the whole point of having change kits is so the two teams don’t wear kits that cancel each other out, which they certainly did yesterday.
Those new shirts (n/t) on 16:04 - Aug 14 with 1970 viewsLondonSaint76

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Login to get fewer ads

Those new shirts on 16:09 - Aug 14 with 1964 viewsGRIM

Those new shirts on 12:39 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

Sadly we are stuck with the kits this season, but the whole point of having change kits is so the two teams don’t wear kits that cancel each other out, which they certainly did yesterday.

Crazy that Leeds were allowed to play in that colour kit.
It created a serious colour clash, not sure if it was a problem for the players in the sun.
But that home kit of Saints is so not Saints.
But as you say we are stuck with it, but it's not the kit that's important it's points so let's focus on that. We're off the mark with a point now let's get something at Leicester.
Those new shirts on 16:25 - Aug 14 with 1938 viewsLondonSaint76

I think all 3 of the current season kit offerings fall way below what we are entitled to expect as Saints supporters. In fact, I would not be seen on my driveway washing the car with the 2nd shirt! Look at the current Brentford home shirt - retained unchanged from last season by the way - not only proper red & white bar stripes but also no plain back panel just 360 degrees of proper stripes.
Yes, some will buy the current kits, some may even quite like them which is their right, but from what I have seen in print on here and elsewhere it seems that there are a lot of unhappy supporters who won’t be rushing to part with their hard earned cash to buy any of them….
Surely the Club / kit suppliers cannot seriously imagine they will sell more replica shirts by radically departing with our traditions? I suppose we have to accept that there will be a degree of artistic license exercised with the 3rd kit but that should be the full extent of any messing about with our traditions, end of…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Those new shirts on 16:30 - Aug 14 with 1932 viewsChesham_Saint

Those new shirts on 16:25 - Aug 14 by LondonSaint76

I think all 3 of the current season kit offerings fall way below what we are entitled to expect as Saints supporters. In fact, I would not be seen on my driveway washing the car with the 2nd shirt! Look at the current Brentford home shirt - retained unchanged from last season by the way - not only proper red & white bar stripes but also no plain back panel just 360 degrees of proper stripes.
Yes, some will buy the current kits, some may even quite like them which is their right, but from what I have seen in print on here and elsewhere it seems that there are a lot of unhappy supporters who won’t be rushing to part with their hard earned cash to buy any of them….
Surely the Club / kit suppliers cannot seriously imagine they will sell more replica shirts by radically departing with our traditions? I suppose we have to accept that there will be a degree of artistic license exercised with the 3rd kit but that should be the full extent of any messing about with our traditions, end of…

Because I live mainly in Essex I quite often buy a shirt to wear for when running or just on the way to a match to wind up the locals. Also get one each year for my son who loves to wear them in London 5 a side leagues.

I won’t be buying any of that shit this year.

Those new shirts on 17:12 - Aug 14 with 1886 viewsBillyBlanco

"And the white shirts are flooding forward" heard on radio commentary as we looked for a winner. Its just wrong. I would advice fans not to buy this non-Saints shirt.
Those new shirts on 17:41 - Aug 14 with 1858 viewsTripleNiemi

Those new shirts on 11:55 - Aug 14 by GRIM

This home kit is only slightly better than the dreadful 3rd strip.
Did they get it from the Army surplus store.
The Blue 2nd kit looks like it was designed by a 3 yr old.
You probably gathered I'm not a great fan of any of the new kit.
But it could be worse, it could like the new Man U dayglow kit.

Am i the only one (and this is sad me even discussing a poxy football kit) that thinks the 3rd kit is the best of the lot and 'half' decent? Had they not of put the stupid stripes under the arm pits i would have said it was a decent effort......
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 17:42]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Those new shirts on 18:22 - Aug 14 with 1807 viewshedgeend61

Those new shirts on 16:25 - Aug 14 by LondonSaint76

Agree with you,

1st team kit 2/10
2nd team kit 0/10
3rd team kit 1/10

My nearly 2 year old granddaughter could have done better with crayons in 5 minutes than that abortion of a second kit, why would anyone even think of shelling out 50 sovs, the car would turn it's nose up being cleaned with that.

Who at the club signs this absolute tat off?
Those new shirts on 19:43 - Aug 14 with 1740 viewsBicester_North

Those new shirts on 18:22 - Aug 14 by hedgeend61

Agree with you,

1st team kit 2/10
2nd team kit 0/10
3rd team kit 1/10

My nearly 2 year old granddaughter could have done better with crayons in 5 minutes than that abortion of a second kit, why would anyone even think of shelling out 50 sovs, the car would turn it's nose up being cleaned with that.

Who at the club signs this absolute tat off?

Probably that shrivelled big earning self interested corporate helmet Semmens, he seems to hate the local fans and be more concerned about “reaching out” to a fabled audience in South Korea or California

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Those new shirts on 22:03 - Aug 14 with 1658 viewsBillyBlanco

"And the white shirts are flooding forward" heard on radio commentary as we looked for a winner. Its just wrong. I would advice fans not to buy this non-Saints shirt.
Those new shirts on 22:45 - Aug 14 with 1629 views1ASIN12

Those new shirts on 17:41 - Aug 14 by TripleNiemi

Am i the only one (and this is sad me even discussing a poxy football kit) that thinks the 3rd kit is the best of the lot and 'half' decent? Had they not of put the stupid stripes under the arm pits i would have said it was a decent effort......
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 17:42]

Nope your not - the I like the 3rd kit and it is the best of the 3.

S others have said the home kit is the worst one we’ve had for a while
Those new shirts on 22:53 - Aug 14 with 1624 viewsSaintNick

Those new shirts on 22:45 - Aug 14 by 1ASIN12

Nope your not - the I like the 3rd kit and it is the best of the 3.

S others have said the home kit is the worst one we’ve had for a while

There was a chant of come on you reds and then I think post people realised there is barely any red in the kit.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Those new shirts on 04:50 - Aug 15 with 1538 viewskingolaf

I really like it.
Those new shirts on 08:35 - Aug 15 with 1476 viewssaint68

Who ever signed these abominations off needs a trip to Specsavers.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Those new shirts on 09:44 - Aug 15 with 1450 viewsChesham_Saint

Those new shirts on 04:50 - Aug 15 by kingolaf

I really like it.

Nurse!

Those new shirts on 09:48 - Aug 15 with 1442 viewsA1079

Those new shirts on 22:53 - Aug 14 by SaintNick

There was a chant of come on you reds and then I think post people realised there is barely any red in the kit.

It is a bit similar when we were at Spurs - Come on you Reds but we were in green or whatever murky colour it was. Red seems to play such a low part in any of our kit choices that the whole song seems inappropriate now - as if we are not struggling for songs to sing!
Those new shirts on 09:59 - Aug 15 with 1435 viewssaints__fan__73

The only issue with the red is not the amount of it, just the location. It would be better in a sash like our best ever home kit.

Still, anything's better than a kit to keep the deckchair fetishists happy.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Those new shirts on 10:13 - Aug 15 with 1418 viewsChesham_Saint

Those new shirts on 09:48 - Aug 15 by A1079

It is a bit similar when we were at Spurs - Come on you Reds but we were in green or whatever murky colour it was. Red seems to play such a low part in any of our kit choices that the whole song seems inappropriate now - as if we are not struggling for songs to sing!

Never understood why it isn’t “come on you Saints!”

Those new shirts on 10:35 - Aug 15 with 1401 viewsSadoldgit

The front isn’t bad but it needs more red. Stripes under the arms would have given it more punch but as said, there is just too much white. It looks like they stopped designing it once they had done the front stripe. Reverse the colours and it would look a lot better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024