Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mara 12:38 - Aug 15 with 1117 viewskingslandstand1

Will he be the new Mane?
I thought he was quite impressive Saturday for almost a cameo late role
[Post edited 15 Aug 2022 12:43]
Mara on 12:48 - Aug 15 with 1058 viewsBerber

Not sure about that. The PL has been littered with bright prospects that rapidly fade,though most of them are up from the academies. He definitely looked useful though.
Mara on 12:50 - Aug 15 with 1053 viewsSaintNick

Mara on 12:48 - Aug 15 by Berber

Not sure about that. The PL has been littered with bright prospects that rapidly fade,though most of them are up from the academies. He definitely looked useful though.

Its early days, but I would say that most prospects who end up fading have initially scored a wonder goal ie such as Djenepo at Brighton a few years ago and not been able to repeat it.

Mara's pass was sublime, anyone can lash in the odd 30 yarder every now and then, but you have to have real vision and talent to pass a ball like that

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Mara on 13:01 - Aug 15 with 1028 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s very early days.

A fantastic start, let’s see how he does against better sides.

There are few teams in this League as poor as Leeds.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Mara on 13:27 - Aug 15 with 1000 viewsStAnt

Wouldn't say he can be the new Mane - I mean Mane's upper body strength is what makes him the player he is. Haven't seen enough of Mara but first impressions are that he has more finesse than Mane who often relies on his brute strength.
Mara on 13:27 - Aug 15 with 994 viewsgrumpy

I thought I could see similarities to Mane the brief time he was on. One can only hope.
Mara on 13:49 - Aug 15 with 948 viewsSaintNick

Mara on 13:01 - Aug 15 by PatfromPoole

It’s very early days.

A fantastic start, let’s see how he does against better sides.

There are few teams in this League as poor as Leeds.

There are very few as good as Spurs, but that wasn't taken into account a week ago lol

Mara on 13:53 - Aug 15 with 941 viewsinthebox

The interesting thing was KWP saying there was brief eye contact between the players and Mara could place the ball so accurately with perfect pace that's the sign something special. The top defenders will make it difficult for him to pull it off but he's got the ability.
Mara on 14:16 - Aug 15 with 907 viewsSadoldgit

Mara on 12:50 - Aug 15 by SaintNick

Its early days, but I would say that most prospects who end up fading have initially scored a wonder goal ie such as Djenepo at Brighton a few years ago and not been able to repeat it.

Mara's pass was sublime, anyone can lash in the odd 30 yarder every now and then, but you have to have real vision and talent to pass a ball like that

When did we last see a Saints player put a ball like that into the box? Perfectly weighted. Perfect angle. That would have cut any team apart, not just Leeds.
Login to get fewer ads

Mara on 14:34 - Aug 15 with 888 viewsBerber

Mara on 12:50 - Aug 15 by SaintNick

Yep, I think we can all look back on wonder moments as players and felt like Gods, only to revert to the usual hack and scuff that condemned us to boggy and tufty recs for the rest of our playing lives.
Mara on 15:04 - Aug 15 with 857 viewsGRIM

Mara on 14:34 - Aug 15 by Berber

Yep, I think we can all look back on wonder moments as players and felt like Gods, only to revert to the usual hack and scuff that condemned us to boggy and tufty recs for the rest of our playing lives.

It's far too early start raving about Mara.
But as previously stated, it's a long time since we have seen a Saints player with the vision & technical ability to produce a pass like that.
We bought him as a striker but perhaps he's a bit more than that.
Ralph, give him game time & let's see if he really is what we've all wanted for a long time.
Mara on 15:09 - Aug 15 with 838 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who knows. Remember Djenepo's wonder goal at Sheff Utd and Boufal's wonder goal at home to West Brom? Mara certainly looks the part, tall and strong, made a great pass, but we shall see.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Mara on 15:14 - Aug 15 with 832 views1885_SFC

Mara on 15:09 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

Who knows. Remember Djenepo's wonder goal at Sheff Utd and Boufal's wonder goal at home to West Brom? Mara certainly looks the part, tall and strong, made a great pass, but we shall see.

Yeah, I remember Adam Armstrong scoring a cracking goal at Everton on his debut last season and thinking "this lad looks class in front of goal".

How wrong was I that evening onwards...

Old School is Cool

Mara on 15:24 - Aug 15 with 819 viewsSaintNick

Mara on 15:14 - Aug 15 by 1885_SFC

Yeah, I remember Adam Armstrong scoring a cracking goal at Everton on his debut last season and thinking "this lad looks class in front of goal".

How wrong was I that evening onwards...

He wasnt as bad as some would remember, he had some decent games after that, he scored a great goal against Watford, should have had a penalty at Manchester City and at Watford linked up well with Che Adams and had a decent game.

After that in came Broja and he never got any real runs in the side

Mara on 15:46 - Aug 15 with 796 viewsTimSaint

Mara on 15:24 - Aug 15 by SaintNick

He wasnt as bad as some would remember, he had some decent games after that, he scored a great goal against Watford, should have had a penalty at Manchester City and at Watford linked up well with Che Adams and had a decent game.

After that in came Broja and he never got any real runs in the side

His great volleyed goal was at home to Aston Villa and we won it 1-0.

In that game at Watford you refer to, Adams scored a super goal, but A Arm honestly should have had a hat trick, but from memory, failed to hit the target with any of his chances.

It was because he missed chances such as these and perhaps the fact that as a team, we didn't score a league goal in the month of September last year, that Broja was given a chance and he duly took it with the winner against Leeds in October.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024