Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder 15:55 - Aug 16 with 2113 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58263/spanish-club-in-ne

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 16:10 - Aug 16 with 1417 viewsSaintsforeverj

That's a shame, he is an aggressive, experienced player and the closest we have to a leader. But ofcourse he is an older player, we can get a fee for him, that we won't be able to get if he sees out his contract. It's about bringing in some money before he is too old.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 16:36 - Aug 16 with 1362 viewsBicester_North

Would seem an idiotic move if true. One of the only 3 or 4 of last years squad of definite proven ability in this division

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 17:00 - Aug 16 with 1318 viewsTimSaint

Seems like the club want to sell up so that they can get a transfer fee, before his contract is up and he can move for free next summer.

Rumour has it we are after that young midfielder at Man Utd, so guess it would be 1 in and 1 out.

Shame really, as Rom has been a bit of an unsung hero for us over the years.

TimSaint

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 17:03 - Aug 16 with 1316 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 17:00 - Aug 16 by TimSaint

Seems like the club want to sell up so that they can get a transfer fee, before his contract is up and he can move for free next summer.

Rumour has it we are after that young midfielder at Man Utd, so guess it would be 1 in and 1 out.

Shame really, as Rom has been a bit of an unsung hero for us over the years.

It's a business move, if it happens, not for the benefit.of the team or entertainment of the fans. It's as you say, he will very soon be worth nothing, so they want to get some money in rather than none at all.

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 20:45 - Aug 16 with 1116 viewsPatfromPoole

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 17:03 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

It's a business move, if it happens, not for the benefit.of the team or entertainment of the fans. It's as you say, he will very soon be worth nothing, so they want to get some money in rather than none at all.

We could really do with his experience.

He still has a lot to offer.

Lavia looks a great prospect, but an injury to him or JWP and we would be reliant on Diallo.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:11 - Aug 16 with 1076 viewsSaintNick

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 17:03 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

All transfers are business moves, unless you are Man City or Newcastle you cant just keep buying players without letting some go, Liverpool had to balance selling Sadio Mane now at age 30 and get £28 million or see his value drop,

Saints will take a balanced view based on how much fee they can get and who they have to potentially replace him .

If he left for nothing next year the fans will be on the clubs back for not getting a fee a year earlier, they can do no right in some eyes at the moment

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:14 - Aug 16 with 1073 viewsPatfromPoole

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:11 - Aug 16 by SaintNick

All transfers are business moves, unless you are Man City or Newcastle you cant just keep buying players without letting some go, Liverpool had to balance selling Sadio Mane now at age 30 and get £28 million or see his value drop,

Saints will take a balanced view based on how much fee they can get and who they have to potentially replace him .

If he left for nothing next year the fans will be on the clubs back for not getting a fee a year earlier, they can do no right in some eyes at the moment

A fee from a middling Spanish club wouldn’t amount to much, I wouldn’t have thought.

He’s a proper Saint, Oriol. Completely committed and with a lot of ability.

This is a deal we just don’t have to do. I’d rather let him leave on a free at the end of the season.

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:26 - Aug 16 with 1058 viewsSaintNick

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:14 - Aug 16 by PatfromPoole

A fee from a middling Spanish club wouldn’t amount to much, I wouldn’t have thought.

This is a deal we just don’t have to do. I’d rather let him leave on a free at the end of the season.

I think he still has a lot to offer, but we have to balance things up, can we get a fee and get his wages off the books for instance against if he stays and Lavia continues his progress it wont be long before the same people moaning about him potentially going will be using phrases like "stealing a wage" when he barely plays a game like Theo Walcott

Login to get fewer ads

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:32 - Aug 16 with 1048 viewskingslandstand1

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 16:10 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

That's a shame, he is an aggressive, experienced player and the closest we have to a leader. But ofcourse he is an older player, we can get a fee for him, that we won't be able to get if he sees out his contract. It's about bringing in some money before he is too old.

A shame? Ridiculous if any truth in it. He seems to love thd club and although a few iffy times, what Saints player hasn't, he should be a mainstay
Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:34 - Aug 16 with 1037 viewsPatfromPoole

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:26 - Aug 16 by SaintNick

I think he still has a lot to offer, but we have to balance things up, can we get a fee and get his wages off the books for instance against if he stays and Lavia continues his progress it wont be long before the same people moaning about him potentially going will be using phrases like "stealing a wage" when he barely plays a game like Theo Walcott

I think given his service and consistency of performance, he has ultimately been Koeman’s best signing for Saints.

Which puts him at the top of a pretty good pile.

This would be up there with Lambert leaving for me.

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:34 - Aug 16 with 1037 viewsSaintNick

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:32 - Aug 16 by kingslandstand1

A shame? Ridiculous if any truth in it. He seems to love thd club and although a few iffy times, what Saints player hasn't, he should be a mainstay

I wont argue with you, but everyone has a price

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:35 - Aug 16 with 1030 viewskingslandstand1

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:14 - Aug 16 by PatfromPoole

This
Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:39 - Aug 16 with 1014 viewsSaintNick

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:34 - Aug 16 by PatfromPoole

I think given his service and consistency of performance, he has ultimately been Koeman’s best signing for Saints.

Which puts him at the top of a pretty good pile.

This would be up there with Lambert leaving for me.

Are you not forgetting that history shows that we got rid of Lambert at exactly the right time, he had lost a yard of pace, we got a fee for him and he would score just 5 more League goals in his career in 63 League games for Liverpool, West Brom & Cardiff.

All good players have to play there last game for a club sometime, in Lambert's case he left with his reputation with the fans intact and so remains a club legend, it was a win win all round

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:42 - Aug 16 with 1006 viewsPatfromPoole

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:39 - Aug 16 by SaintNick

Are you not forgetting that history shows that we got rid of Lambert at exactly the right time, he had lost a yard of pace, we got a fee for him and he would score just 5 more League goals in his career in 63 League games for Liverpool, West Brom & Cardiff.

All good players have to play there last game for a club sometime, in Lambert's case he left with his reputation with the fans intact and so remains a club legend, it was a win win all round

Lambert might have scored quite a few more goals for us if he had stayed. We will never know.

Unfortunately the clueless Brendan Rodgers didn’t know what to do with him.

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:42 - Aug 16 with 1003 viewskingslandstand1

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:34 - Aug 16 by SaintNick

I wont argue with you, but everyone has a price

They do, but it depends on what that price is as does every league position within the Premiership that a decent player may help us achieve

Let's just hope all of these replacement youngsters live up to the expectation of those that have brought them in
Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 1005 viewsSaintNick

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:42 - Aug 16 by kingslandstand1

They do, but it depends on what that price is as does every league position within the Premiership that a decent player may help us achieve

Let's just hope all of these replacement youngsters live up to the expectation of those that have brought them in

Its always a gamble with any transfer, get it right and it is great but if you don't you can struggle, we have to accept that we have to buy and sell players, its our only way forward as long as we get it right.

The issue is when you can't sell players the root cause of our problems 2018-2021

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:46 - Aug 16 with 998 viewsSaintNick

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:42 - Aug 16 by PatfromPoole

Lambert might have scored quite a few more goals for us if he had stayed. We will never know.

Unfortunately the clueless Brendan Rodgers didn’t know what to do with him.

He might have, but he had turned 32, he wanted to go, he knew that he wasnt going to get a game at Liverpool, but he was living the dream.

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:47 - Aug 16 with 999 viewsPatfromPoole

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:44 - Aug 16 by SaintNick

Its always a gamble with any transfer, get it right and it is great but if you don't you can struggle, we have to accept that we have to buy and sell players, its our only way forward as long as we get it right.

The issue is when you can't sell players the root cause of our problems 2018-2021

I just think that Oriol is too young to write off as over the top, particularly given his position on the pitch.

He’s 6 years younger than James Milner.

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:49 - Aug 16 with 995 viewsSaintNick

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:47 - Aug 16 by PatfromPoole

I just think that Oriol is too young to write off as over the top, particularly given his position on the pitch.

He’s 6 years younger than James Milner.

I agree with you, all Im doing is giving the rationale behind Saints thinking

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 22:13 - Aug 16 with 949 viewsBicester_North

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:44 - Aug 16 by SaintNick

The players we couldn’t sell were

Hoedt
Boufal
Carillo
Lemina

None had ever proved they could be premier league players, or in Lemina’s case had the ability but not the temperament

Romeu is proven in quality and character, if he stays fit he would be snapped up.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 22:17 - Aug 16 with 946 viewsSaintNick

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 22:13 - Aug 16 by Bicester_North

The players we couldn’t sell were

Hoedt
Boufal
Carillo
Lemina

None had ever proved they could be premier league players, or in Lemina’s case had the ability but not the temperament

Romeu is proven in quality and character, if he stays fit he would be snapped up.

Im not comparing them with Romeu, in the article I have said he is possibly one of our best signings of the past decade .

You are right they are four players we couldnt sell and that was the root cause of our problems we spent about £70 million these 4 and got next to nothing back

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 22:55 - Aug 16 with 903 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 21:11 - Aug 16 by SaintNick

Really depends on what the price is Nick. I'm thinking Romeu wouldn't go for much more than a few million. I think he is a massive part of our team, in terms of Saints holding on to any rare wins we get, with his aggression and physicality. Get rid of him, to make a few million, and it may be the difference between staying up and going down. Now, that wouldn't be a good business decision at all. If we get 20 million for him, yeah sell him, not a few million, which is what I suspect it will be. Redmond can go, Stephens can go, but in my opinion Romeu is a key player we need.

My point is, they would rather risk going down, to make just a few million, than keep a good player we need.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 22:58]

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 22:57 - Aug 16 with 897 viewsSaintNick

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 22:55 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

Really depends on what the price is Nick. I'm thinking Romeu wouldn't go for much more than a few million. I think he is a massive part of our team, in terms of Saints holding on to any rare wins we get, with his aggression and physicality. Get rid of him, to make a few million, and it may be the difference between staying up and going down. Now, that wouldn't be a good business decision at all. If we get 20 million for him, yeah sell him, not a few million, which is what I suspect it will be. Redmond can go, Stephens can go, but in my opinion Romeu is a key player we need.

My point is, they would rather risk going down, to make just a few million, than keep a good player we need.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 22:58]

As I say I totally agree with you, but if Lavia becomes the player that he looks like he might be and Romeu doesn't get a game then it is a bad decision and as i say words like "stealing a wage" will be used when he leaves for free after getting around £3 million in wages from us.

As I said I wouldnt sell him

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 23:02 - Aug 16 with 891 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 22:57 - Aug 16 by SaintNick

As I say I totally agree with you, but if Lavia becomes the player that he looks like he might be and Romeu doesn't get a game then it is a bad decision and as i say words like "stealing a wage" will be used when he leaves for free after getting around £3 million in wages from us.

As I said I wouldnt sell him

I don't think anyone would ever say "stealing a wage" in regards to Romeu. He has been a great player for the team for many years and is respected for what he has given us like Le Tiss, Benali, Long even. He would be useful with 10 minutes to go to bring on, to help us hold onto a 1 nil lead, at 35 years old in my view.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:03]

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 23:07 - Aug 16 with 879 viewsSaintNick

Spanish Club In Negotiations For Southampton Midfielder on 23:02 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

I don't think anyone would ever say "stealing a wage" in regards to Romeu. He has been a great player for the team for many years and is respected for what he has given us like Le Tiss, Benali, Long even. He would be useful with 10 minutes to go to bring on, to help us hold onto a 1 nil lead, at 35 years old in my view.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:03]

In my time of watching Saints there have been plenty of good club servants given stick at the end of their career.

Alan Ball was one of them, quite a few more when they went past their sell by date

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024