Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martinball is a busted flush 19:00 - Sep 4 with 3470 viewsJak365

[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 1:09]
Martinball is a busted flush on 19:10 - Sep 4 with 2697 viewsmagicdaps10

You are saying Kris is now running the show 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Brilliant! 🤣

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Martinball is a busted flush on 19:13 - Sep 4 with 2671 viewsWhiterockin

Martinball is a busted flush on 19:10 - Sep 4 by magicdaps10

You are saying Kris is now running the show 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Brilliant! 🤣

Clearly he wasn't watching the dugout on Saturday.
Martinball is a busted flush on 19:16 - Sep 4 with 2659 viewsraynor94

New user name

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Martinball is a busted flush on 19:20 - Sep 4 with 2643 viewsFireboy2

Martinball is a busted flush on 19:16 - Sep 4 by raynor94

New user name

Scummer obviously.

Should be bothered about his own team.
Martinball is a busted flush on 19:49 - Sep 4 with 2575 viewsCatullus

Martinball is a busted flush on 19:20 - Sep 4 by Fireboy2

Scummer obviously.

Given how some users, or ex users have behaved, we can't guarantee who it is.

I prefer to think that martin has learned and that he understands you don't need to dominate possession to win games. 46.1% possession yesterday according to sky but we had 4 clear cut chances to QPR's zero.

Defend better than the oppo, score more goals, be quicker, braver and cleverer. Which, in the end, we were yesterday.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Martinball is a busted flush on 20:29 - Sep 4 with 2510 viewsbuilthjack

Martinball is a busted flush on 19:20 - Sep 4 by Fireboy2

Scummer obviously.

More likely one of the Martin haters on here.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Martinball is a busted flush on 20:50 - Sep 4 with 2466 viewsvetchonian

Martinball is a busted flush on 20:29 - Sep 4 by builthjack

I dont think there are haters of Martin.....maybe those who didn't like his football philosophy...nurse there are some Martin lovers who seem to worship him despite his lack of achievement

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Martinball is a busted flush on 21:34 - Sep 4 with 2394 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martinball is a busted flush on 20:50 - Sep 4 by vetchonian

I dont think there are haters of Martin.....maybe those who didn't like his football philosophy...nurse there are some Martin lovers who seem to worship him despite his lack of achievement

The use of the word 'worship' needs assessment. I for example respect the work of Huw jenkins but do not worship him at all. I even believe Swansea best chance of getting back to the PL was with Jenkins and his appointee Potter. Potter misuse of £7m cost Swansea their best chance. Recruitment has continued to dog Swansea.

No one worships Martin at all is my assessment. Before the QPR win Martin claimed a good run and better form was "very close". Martin always promotes achievement in the future. He also promotes player development. Piroe Obafemi Downes all progressed markedly. now Cabango, Cooper, Darling, Wood and Benda might establish themselves as real assets.

Martin is given the benefit of the doubt but has been a very mixed bag. This season is for achievement and clear signs of progress. He is viewed with support and some scepticism. Most likely is a Tony Mowbray scenario of upper mid table good footballing side getting tonked in between good runs and finishing in the top 10 more often than not. He could become the longest serving manager of Swansea in recent times. He must stay loyal for that and not over achieve so much so that he receives big money offers to go elsewhere.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 21:34]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Martinball is a busted flush on 21:56 - Sep 4 with 2342 viewsbuilthjack

I don't think there are Martin lovers, maybe perhaps a few who can see what he is trying to do.
Seems to be a few haters on here though who put thread after thread up about him. Odd people.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Martinball is a busted flush on 21:58 - Sep 4 with 2322 viewsWhiterockin

Martinball is a busted flush on 21:56 - Sep 4 by builthjack

I don't think there are Martin lovers, maybe perhaps a few who can see what he is trying to do.
Seems to be a few haters on here though who put thread after thread up about him. Odd people.

"Seems to be a few haters on here though who put thread after thread up about him. Odd people."

Attention seekers.
Martinball is a busted flush on 22:04 - Sep 4 with 2300 viewsBadlands

Seems that some people didn’t see many games or parts of them where we played as we did yesterday. QPR like a few others played football not bus parking against us. That created space Ito play the ball into. Quicker passing and better movement in midfield added space and speed. Apart from the short pass from the keeper it is what we have been trying to do.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Martinball is a busted flush on 22:09 - Sep 4 with 2288 viewsKerouac

This.

I support Swansea City, not Russell Martin.

We have some confused, deluded, fans at the moment.
Anyone who claims yesterday proves Martinball is the way to go when he;

- Changed the formation
- Changed to 4 at the back
- Dropped his clown of a keeper that he wasted £400k on for the youngster we always had available for free.
- Dropped the ludicrous goal-kick routine (all that was missing from that routine was the buckets of multi-coloured glitter and the big red noses)
- Moved Piroe back to striker
- allowed the players to play more direct passes
- allowed the defenders to just clear it sometimes
- allowed Benda to just clear it sometimes
&
- most importantly, played some players Cooper (who was superb) & Patterson, who found space in-between the lines (Grimes was able to play through balls as he actually had some runners for a change...he cut them open at least twice, still not good enough for some.

...doesn't have a bloody clue what they are talking about. Not a bloody clue.
They will continue to argue that black is white.
From here on in I will stick certain posters opinions on football in the bin

There were still some echoes of Martinball, some bad habits have set in and won't be eradicated overnight, but it was a completely different performance, a much more competitive performance.

Now, imagine where we would be if Martin had accepted his system wasn't working much earlier...imagine how we can improve if we stick at this and Martin kisses and makes-up with some players (Obafemi, Ntcham, Ogbeta) and avoids falling out with anymore...if he gives Congreve another chance...brings Joseph back from loan in January and give him a run on the right...if he actually motivates them!

For me Russell Martin is a very lucky boy to still have a job and if he has any sense at all he will seize this opportunity to make the necessary changes with some permanence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Martinball is a busted flush on 22:18 - Sep 4 with 2259 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martinball is a busted flush on 22:04 - Sep 4 by Badlands

Seems that some people didn’t see many games or parts of them where we played as we did yesterday. QPR like a few others played football not bus parking against us. That created space Ito play the ball into. Quicker passing and better movement in midfield added space and speed. Apart from the short pass from the keeper it is what we have been trying to do.

We have been trying to hit 20% long balls?

We have been trying to complete 75% of passes instead of 93%?

We have been trying to get 45% possession and not 80%?

Why haven’t we then? It’s infinitely easier than what we have been doing up to this point.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Martinball is a busted flush on 22:23 - Sep 4 with 2251 viewsDr_Parnassus

If Cullen is trying to be the best footballer in the world… should we start him upfront every week?

“Seeing what he is trying to do” is useless. You go to a Sunday League game and see them all trying their best - doesn’t mean Juve and Madrid should be snapping them up.

Plus, all these “can see what he is trying to do” people - have never once said he’s trying to hit a load of long balls and have minimal possession.

But now claiming thats what he was trying to do all along…

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Martinball is a busted flush on 22:30 - Sep 4 with 2247 viewsploppy

Martinball is a busted flush on 22:23 - Sep 4 by Dr_Parnassus

If Cullen is trying to be the best footballer in the world… should we start him upfront every week?

“Seeing what he is trying to do” is useless. You go to a Sunday League game and see them all trying their best - doesn’t mean Juve and Madrid should be snapping them up.

Plus, all these “can see what he is trying to do” people - have never once said he’s trying to hit a load of long balls and have minimal possession.

But now claiming thats what he was trying to do all along…

"If Cullen is trying to be the best footballer in the world… should we start him upfront every week?"

No, because he's not as good as Piroe, who is also trying to be the best footballer in the world. We've got a choice of strikers who are trying to be the best striker in the world, so we play the best of them.

We have one manager.

See how it works?
Martinball is a busted flush on 22:39 - Sep 4 with 2227 viewsPawelAbbott

Martinball is a busted flush on 22:09 - Sep 4 by Kerouac

This.

- Changed the formation
- Dropped his clown of a keeper that he wasted £400k on for the youngster we always had available for free.
- Dropped the ludicrous goal-kick routine (all that was missing from that routine was the buckets of multi-coloured glitter and the big red noses)
&
- most importantly, played some players Cooper (who was superb) & Patterson, who found space in-between the lines (Grimes was able to play through balls as he actually had some runners for a change...he cut them open at least twice, still not good enough for some.

There were still some echoes of Martinball, some bad habits have set in and won't be eradicated overnight, but it was a completely different performance, a much more competitive performance.

Now, imagine where we would be if Martin had accepted his system wasn't working much earlier...imagine how we can improve if we stick at this and Martin kisses and makes-up with some players (Obafemi, Ntcham, Ogbeta) and avoids falling out with anymore...if he gives Congreve another chance...brings Joseph back from loan in January and give him a run on the right...if he actually motivates them!

For me Russell Martin is a very lucky boy to still have a job and if he has any sense at all he will seize this opportunity to make the necessary changes with some permanence.

MK Don's were on the EFL programme this morning. They do the same goal kick routine and they conceded from it as well
Martinball is a busted flush on 04:24 - Sep 5 with 2106 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This.

- Changed the formation
&

The problem is - why has it taken THIS LONG for him to realise his method was out and out rubbish? If he’s have realised this last season we might very well have made the playoffs. We wasted a whole bloody year!

My conclusion is that he was forced by his paymasters to change or else. He’s far too arrogant to just change of his own volition.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Martinball is a busted flush on 06:02 - Sep 5 with 2092 viewsjackal

I certainly don't hate Russell. He seems to be a decent and passionate man who cares about our club and area.

It's just that his brand of football is dull, slow and has been sussed by all the opposition.

Now he has addressed it and is trying something different which seems to be working.

Good luck to him for his sake and Swansea City's.
Martinball is a busted flush on 09:35 - Sep 5 with 1955 viewsonehunglow

Martinball is a busted flush on 20:29 - Sep 4 by builthjack

Well,it aint me Bruv ,if that is aimed at my humble self.
Read what is read before making insinuations

I am with Eddie and hope Martin has learned.That means abandoning his pig headed arrogant suicidal football "style".

Don't look for division on here.

Play nice or not at all

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Martinball is a busted flush on 09:40 - Sep 5 with 1950 viewsonehunglow

This.

- Changed the formation
&

That is how it is and fellow fan worshippers should understand that
I dont agree with you on Grimes at all but ,at the end of the day,so bluddy what.

Exchanging of opinions doesnt mean you HATE anyone

Martinball is a busted flush on 10:02 - Sep 5 with 1934 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Martinball is a busted flush on 19:49 - Sep 4 by Catullus

Given how some users, or ex users have behaved, we can't guarantee who it is.

I prefer to think that martin has learned and that he understands you don't need to dominate possession to win games. 46.1% possession yesterday according to sky but we had 4 clear cut chances to QPR's zero.

Defend better than the oppo, score more goals, be quicker, braver and cleverer. Which, in the end, we were yesterday.

The goal we scored was the type of goal we always concede. Nick the ball off a dithering overplaying defence and one simple pass and our striker runs unchallenged at the keeper to poke home comfortably for the easiest goal we’ll score all season.

I’ve said from the start possession football is great. Stupid football isn’t. Sometimes it’s ok to put it in row Z. We cut out these stupid errors and we will get success.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Martinball is a busted flush on 11:10 - Sep 5 with 1889 viewsonehunglow

Martinball is a busted flush on 10:02 - Sep 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The goal we scored was the type of goal we always concede. Nick the ball off a dithering overplaying defence and one simple pass and our striker runs unchallenged at the keeper to poke home comfortably for the easiest goal we’ll score all season.

I’ve said from the start possession football is great. Stupid football isn’t. Sometimes it’s ok to put it in row Z. We cut out these stupid errors and we will get success.

Nice wasn’t it.
Must be great as a pro to be given a gift on a game.
Piroe took it well.

Martinball is a busted flush on 11:27 - Sep 5 with 1869 viewscadleigh

Builth - if you genuinely don't think there are any Martin 'lovers' then you don't look at enough social media channels. There are regular posters online who called him 'the real deal' before the ink was dry on his contract. Posters who will still argue against the slightest criticism of him, deflecting attention onto the players, the owners, anyone but the manager. Posters who have tried to coin pet names for him like 'Russ' and 'Rusty'. Posters who insist that he has genuinely accepted responsibility for the team's failings when (until recently, anyway), he blamed everyone but himself. Posters who claim he is a great man manager because of his success in turning around Piroe, Obafemi, Paterson (but will not accept any suggestion that he bore any responsibility for the times when they were not firing on all cylinders).

I don't think I hate Martin. I don't know the guy. I don't like a lot of the behaviour I see from him (his apparent smugness, intransigence, willingness to blame others for failings that are partly down to him, the way he has favourites, and throws players under the bus (sometimes former favourites, like Bennet and Smith)). But I don't know if that's a fair assessment or just me being guilty of confirmation bias because I don't like Martinball and therefore I interpret everything else in a negative way. Does that make me a hater? I hope not.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 11:37]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Martinball is a busted flush on 11:46 - Sep 5 with 1828 viewsonehunglow

Martinball is a busted flush on 11:27 - Sep 5 by cadleigh

Builth - if you genuinely don't think there are any Martin 'lovers' then you don't look at enough social media channels. There are regular posters online who called him 'the real deal' before the ink was dry on his contract. Posters who will still argue against the slightest criticism of him, deflecting attention onto the players, the owners, anyone but the manager. Posters who have tried to coin pet names for him like 'Russ' and 'Rusty'. Posters who insist that he has genuinely accepted responsibility for the team's failings when (until recently, anyway), he blamed everyone but himself. Posters who claim he is a great man manager because of his success in turning around Piroe, Obafemi, Paterson (but will not accept any suggestion that he bore any responsibility for the times when they were not firing on all cylinders).

I don't think I hate Martin. I don't know the guy. I don't like a lot of the behaviour I see from him (his apparent smugness, intransigence, willingness to blame others for failings that are partly down to him, the way he has favourites, and throws players under the bus (sometimes former favourites, like Bennet and Smith)). But I don't know if that's a fair assessment or just me being guilty of confirmation bias because I don't like Martinball and therefore I interpret everything else in a negative way. Does that make me a hater? I hope not.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 11:37]

It makes you a class poster and one who is as real a fan as is possible

I have stated how I feel about his coaching and stand by every word.
We won 1 -0 .our other win was also 1-0
We are not ripping up any trees

Our expectations have been lowered to expect the current show and I don’t like it one but

I’m a hater really and so what …

Martinball is a busted flush on 16:13 - Sep 5 with 1695 viewsCatullus

Martinball is a busted flush on 22:30 - Sep 4 by ploppy

"If Cullen is trying to be the best footballer in the world… should we start him upfront every week?"

No, because he's not as good as Piroe, who is also trying to be the best footballer in the world. We've got a choice of strikers who are trying to be the best striker in the world, so we play the best of them.

We have one manager.

See how it works?

I'm not sure you grasped the point of the question. It relates to Martin trying to do something but just because he is trying, it doesn't mean he will achieve it.

Cullen is trying but isn't achieving, Martin is trying but up until now has not achieved anything.

The support Martin has gotten from some on here when it has been 12 months of mediocrity at best, is quite astonishing. Same win ratio as Bob Bradley apparently and Bradley didn't get this support, he didn't last 12 months either. Martin has been very lucky so lets hope he has now got his head around a few things such as that goal kick routine is a mess and learned the lessons so we can move forward succesfully.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024