Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaffer on tonight's win 00:07 - Oct 20 with 2591 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/beale-post-cardiff-191022/

I am never knowingly right but it doesn't feel like he's in a fast car to Wolves?

I hasten to reiterate, I am often wrong, but it kind of feels like the club may try and rebuff a move. I think if they absolutely told Mick to stay he happily would. If we don't go up I suspect he will get better than Wolves knocking.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on tonight's win on 00:19 - Oct 20 with 2492 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I hope you're right but if, as reported, there's a release clause in the contract, then the club are powerless to rebuff a move if the valuation is met.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 00:22 - Oct 20 with 2473 viewsbosh67

Gaffer on tonight's win on 00:19 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

I hope you're right but if, as reported, there's a release clause in the contract, then the club are powerless to rebuff a move if the valuation is met.

Perhaps if Mick keeps his phone off or someone nicks it then he'll never know?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on tonight's win on 07:03 - Oct 20 with 2150 viewsStanisgod

Gaffer on tonight's win on 00:22 - Oct 20 by bosh67

Perhaps if Mick keeps his phone off or someone nicks it then he'll never know?

Maybe we should have stipulated no leaving within 4 months.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Gaffer on tonight's win on 07:39 - Oct 20 with 2038 viewsWestbourneR

Gaffer on tonight's win on 07:03 - Oct 20 by Stanisgod

Maybe we should have stipulated no leaving within 4 months.

I don't get this - clubs happily and summarily sack managers all the time, including after 4 months - but as soon as it's the other way round we all bleat like it's some betrayal. It's not, it's football. If he decides to go then that's perfectly within his right. I'd disappointed but not angry.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Gaffer on tonight's win on 07:42 - Oct 20 with 2030 viewskingsburyR

Gaffer on tonight's win on 07:39 - Oct 20 by WestbourneR

I don't get this - clubs happily and summarily sack managers all the time, including after 4 months - but as soon as it's the other way round we all bleat like it's some betrayal. It's not, it's football. If he decides to go then that's perfectly within his right. I'd disappointed but not angry.

*****Sensible post alert******

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Gaffer on tonight's win on 07:53 - Oct 20 with 1963 viewsblacky2013

I agree with you to a point but....It is his first post as the top man. If he goes, there is no way he can demand loyalty from players in the future, also how can he ask players to buy into his ethos if he goes at the first sign of a better job. I won't hate him if he goes but I will lose some respect for him.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 07:56 - Oct 20 with 1942 viewsAntti_Heinola

Absolutely this.
If we were second bottom with 2 wins all season, the 'out of his depth' comments would be streaming from here and elsewhere, demanding he, Les and Hoos all go. Not a single one of those posters would give a nanosecond thought to his contract.
I'm desperate for him to stay, he's demonstrably brilliant. But release clause or not, there's very little the club can do to get him (or anyone) to stay if he wants to go.

Bare bones.

Gaffer on tonight's win on 07:57 - Oct 20 with 1935 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Gaffer on tonight's win on 07:53 - Oct 20 by blacky2013

I agree with you to a point but....It is his first post as the top man. If he goes, there is no way he can demand loyalty from players in the future, also how can he ask players to buy into his ethos if he goes at the first sign of a better job. I won't hate him if he goes but I will lose some respect for him.

Good post, blacky.

I agree with those who say loyalty works both ways. I get that. But he is only fifteen games into his first ever job and the only word he should be looking for here is "No".

It's not even a big word.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Gaffer on tonight's win on 08:03 - Oct 20 with 1906 viewsdigswellhoop

release clause 1 million
Gaffer on tonight's win on 08:04 - Oct 20 with 1889 viewsstainrods_elbow

Gaffer on tonight's win on 00:19 - Oct 20 by Benny_the_Ball

It's still Beale's decision, though, so the ball is in his court.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Gaffer on tonight's win on 08:26 - Oct 20 with 1792 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Many of us wrote on here how we should cherish him as he’s clearly on an upward trajectory. I just didn’t think we’d be facing the issue a mere four months in!

Big call for him and relegation threatened Wolves all based on a clutch of games. Injuries aside, he’s got this league where he wants it seems amazing he’d walk now. But I have some confidence if he goes: I posted Tuesday the QPR job is an attractive one and since then, we’ve gone top and the club have made good managerial appointments of late.

Happy if he stays, we’ll push in if he doesn’t.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Gaffer on tonight's win on 08:46 - Oct 20 with 1724 viewsDoudou87

Just watch this back, really doesn't sound like a man about to jump ship. We can only pray!

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Gaffer on tonight's win on 08:52 - Oct 20 with 1668 viewsThe_Beast1976

Gaffer on tonight's win on 07:53 - Oct 20 by blacky2013

^This
Gaffer on tonight's win on 08:53 - Oct 20 with 1668 viewsDoudou87

Then again only just watched this….

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12725161/mick-beale-to-hol

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Gaffer on tonight's win on 08:53 - Oct 20 with 1660 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Is it feasible he could be offered a better contract, with a big promotion bonus and a higher release clause? Just mulling the possibilities.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 09:21 - Oct 20 with 1530 viewsnix

Gaffer on tonight's win on 08:53 - Oct 20 by Doudou87

Then again only just watched this….

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12725161/mick-beale-to-hol

This looks to me like he's offski once the official offer comes in (they've probably already talked with his agent, which is why he's saying it's not official yet, no direct contact etc).

He's been talking from day one about wanting to manage in the Prem.

I thought he'd give us a season. But it's looking extremely unlikely now and I think he actually looks a bit uncomfortable about leaving us so soon.

And yes I know I said we shouldn't worry until it happens but too much noise about it now to be just click bait.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 9:23]
Gaffer on tonight's win on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 1388 viewsNorthantsHoop

Gaffer on tonight's win on 09:21 - Oct 20 by nix

This looks to me like he's offski once the official offer comes in (they've probably already talked with his agent, which is why he's saying it's not official yet, no direct contact etc).

I thought he'd give us a season. But it's looking extremely unlikely now and I think he actually looks a bit uncomfortable about leaving us so soon.

And yes I know I said we shouldn't worry until it happens but too much noise about it now to be just click bait.

This is the time for Beale to take counsel from those he trusts, family, friends and former colleagues. His position at QPR is strong, developing team, supportive owners and a club that is going places at the top of the division. Wolves are in survival mode, owners are desperate, ok he will have more money to buy players but the risk is he can't turn it round and is out in next few months, albeit with a big pay out but the next offer will not be as attractive. Needs to look at his contempories like Graham Potter and Steve Cooper stayed with Swansea got them competitive, moved on and look where they are now, especially Potter.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 10:30 - Oct 20 with 1333 viewsE17hoop

Gaffer on tonight's win on 09:21 - Oct 20 by nix

We don't know how many jobs he's been asked about before, if they were Prem roles, or how close he was to getting them. He said it was more than just the job when asked last night:

“But it has to be the right opportunity, the right moment and the right club. And they’d have to give me a really clear understanding of where that club’s going.

“When I was with (Glasgow) Rangers I turned down seven or eight chances to be a manager. There are some things I look for.”

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024