Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ken Buchanan RIP ... 17:48 - Apr 1 with 2388 viewstheloneranger

RIP Champ

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 17:49 - Apr 1 with 2357 viewsonehunglow

Thanks.
A class fighter

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 21:32 - Apr 1 with 2287 viewsmax936

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 17:49 - Apr 1 by onehunglow

Thanks.
A class fighter

One of the greats

RIP Ken.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 22:06 - Apr 1 with 2276 viewsbuilthjack

A hell of a fighter. Lost to Duran when he got kicked in the groin after the bell. Duran refused to fight him again. One of the best.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 22:12 - Apr 1 with 2276 viewsKilkennyjack

RIP Champ

Beware of the Risen People

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 22:44 - Apr 1 with 2261 viewsonehunglow

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 22:06 - Apr 1 by builthjack

A hell of a fighter. Lost to Duran when he got kicked in the groin after the bell. Duran refused to fight him again. One of the best.

He reneged twice actually ?

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 11:11 - Apr 2 with 2170 viewsKeithHaynes

That Duran fight.
Duran knew he was up against a great.

If they had the rematch the TV today would call it Duran Duran, the rematch.

RIP.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 11:29 - Apr 2 with 2166 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 19:26 - Apr 6 with 2034 viewsshingle

Duran was a beast groin strike or not he would have worn Ken down and stopped him and he would have given him an even bigger beat down if they had fought again, you have to remember Duran was also just a 20 year old kid when they fought.
Login to get fewer ads

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 01:20 - Apr 7 with 2007 viewsCleddau

Buchanan was a mile behind on the score-cards but the ref was poor, turning a blind eye to Duran's use of the head throughout the fight.
Incredible to think that Duran would fight on for a further thirty years after this fight, only stopping after getting seriously injured in a car crash at the age of 50. One of those rare boxers who fought in five different decades.
Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 09:54 - Apr 7 with 1986 viewsonehunglow

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 19:26 - Apr 6 by shingle

Duran was a beast groin strike or not he would have worn Ken down and stopped him and he would have given him an even bigger beat down if they had fought again, you have to remember Duran was also just a 20 year old kid when they fought.

One of the greatest injustices in the ring ever.
A quite corrupt decision.

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 16:33 - Apr 7 with 1970 viewsmax936

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 09:54 - Apr 7 by onehunglow

I agree.

Although it could ben argued that Duran was robbed v Leonard as well.

Hagler v Leonard another shocking decision.

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 18:31 - Apr 7 with 1949 viewsshingle

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 09:54 - Apr 7 by onehunglow

He was losing the fight before the groin strike and he did not have the punching power to turn things around he was also starting to get worked over before the low blow so may not have even lasted the fifteen rounds so yes the ref bottled it but would it have made any difference if he had given Ken some time highly unlikely.
Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 01:31 - Apr 8 with 1913 viewsCleddau

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 16:33 - Apr 7 by max936

I agree.

Although it could ben argued that Duran was robbed v Leonard as well.

Hagler v Leonard another shocking decision.

Which Duran-Leonard fight are you referring to?
Duran beat Leonard in their first fight, famously quit in the rematch, then years later Leonard easily beat an unusually placid Duran in their rubber-match.
Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 12:19 - Apr 8 with 1877 viewsmax936

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 01:31 - Apr 8 by Cleddau

Which Duran-Leonard fight are you referring to?
Duran beat Leonard in their first fight, famously quit in the rematch, then years later Leonard easily beat an unusually placid Duran in their rubber-match.

He did to, apologies I just checked, I had it in my head that Duran controversially lost that first fight, I saw all three fights as well

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 12:36 - Apr 8 with 1874 viewsCleddau

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 12:19 - Apr 8 by max936

He did to, apologies I just checked, I had it in my head that Duran controversially lost that first fight, I saw all three fights as well

Their first bout is one of history's great fights, I never tire of watching it. The early 80s gave us some incredible fights.
Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 13:04 - Apr 8 with 1864 viewsmax936

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 12:36 - Apr 8 by Cleddau

Their first bout is one of history's great fights, I never tire of watching it. The early 80s gave us some incredible fights.

Duran beat Buchanan to win title, I thought it was Ken who was challenging, Duran had 3 great fights with De Jesus as well, I know Leonard beat Benitez to win the World Title, but did Duran fight Benitez as well?

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 13:54 - Apr 8 with 1858 viewsCleddau

Ken Buchanan RIP ... on 13:04 - Apr 8 by max936

Duran beat Buchanan to win title, I thought it was Ken who was challenging, Duran had 3 great fights with De Jesus as well, I know Leonard beat Benitez to win the World Title, but did Duran fight Benitez as well?

Yes, Benitez beat Duran fairly comfortably while defending his Light-Middle title. Benitez wasn't the most exciting to watch because he was such a defensive master but a great fighter nonetheless. Their fight happened in that two-year period where Duran lost his way after he quit against Leonard. He fought two more Brits in that period, losing to Kirkland Laing and struggling to outpoint former British champion Jimmy Batten.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024