Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) 20:50 - Apr 19 with 4477 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 21:39 - Apr 19 with 3605 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Never doubted us for a second 💯
Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:09 - Apr 19 with 3513 viewsFireboy2

I never thought joey could get any higher in my estimation 😍
Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:12 - Apr 19 with 3485 viewsunion_jack

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:09 - Apr 19 by Fireboy2

I never thought joey could get any higher in my estimation 😍

Don’t gloat too much tonight will you😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:14 - Apr 19 with 3461 viewsFireboy2

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:12 - Apr 19 by union_jack

Don’t gloat too much tonight will you😁

I always say to my boys, if it kicks off get stuck into the nearest opposition player.

My missus doesn't like me saying stuff like that 🤷
Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:19 - Apr 19 with 3423 viewsDr_Parnassus

This is the point isn’t it. The narrative was that our players aren’t good enough, that’s just not true.

To be fair to Russ he’s dug in deep and is getting results, results he should have been getting all season. There is absolutely no reason for us to have won 2 in 20 or whatever it was earlier on in the season.

This team should be competing in and around the playoffs which it is proving.

Next season we have to go into it without excuses, without “process” or “transition” despite the fact we may well lose some key players. It’s needs to be attacked and the aim needs to be playoffs with no deflection onto ages of players or anything of that nature.

If Russ wants to be a real top manager then he needs to start taking responsibility on his shoulders, creating a winning mentality and not giving everyone excuses and reasons to not win.

Do that and he will win me round. More of the same needed.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 22:43]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:44 - Apr 19 with 3341 viewsbuilthjack

Just at McD Crosshands picking up a cuppa on the way home.
Hell of a scuffle, Mikey Eames ran 10 yards to defend our players. He is quick.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 22:44]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:48 - Apr 19 with 3309 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:19 - Apr 19 by Dr_Parnassus

This is the point isn’t it. The narrative was that our players aren’t good enough, that’s just not true.

To be fair to Russ he’s dug in deep and is getting results, results he should have been getting all season. There is absolutely no reason for us to have won 2 in 20 or whatever it was earlier on in the season.

This team should be competing in and around the playoffs which it is proving.

Next season we have to go into it without excuses, without “process” or “transition” despite the fact we may well lose some key players. It’s needs to be attacked and the aim needs to be playoffs with no deflection onto ages of players or anything of that nature.

If Russ wants to be a real top manager then he needs to start taking responsibility on his shoulders, creating a winning mentality and not giving everyone excuses and reasons to not win.

Do that and he will win me round. More of the same needed.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 22:43]

Agree,

We look like a decent team again and proved we can dig in when we really need to - for tonight at least.

For all of Mannings quality his s**t housery cost us today and he needs to know where and when to do what he does.

Will Joeys red card mean the end of the season for him? Gutted if so, when he’s good, he’s exceptional

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:53 - Apr 19 with 3271 viewsWhiterockin

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:48 - Apr 19 by PatchesOHoulihan

Agree,

We look like a decent team again and proved we can dig in when we really need to - for tonight at least.

For all of Mannings quality his s**t housery cost us today and he needs to know where and when to do what he does.

Will Joeys red card mean the end of the season for him? Gutted if so, when he’s good, he’s exceptional

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe misses the first 2 games of next season as well. A fine coming for both clubs also.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:58 - Apr 19 with 3254 viewsReslovenSwan1

Part of the "process" narrative was the need to bring in 3-4 new signing each transfer window, Martin would argue the poor form was caused by a "lack of support" from the boardroom and the so called "January fiasco".

New signings were not required, The squad in August was strong. Walsh, Darling and Patterson were re introduced Cullen and Cooper developed.

The owners parked a tank on Martin s very nice Gower lawn with Whittaker. "If you want to stay then coach what you have". "Use what you have and make it work". You ebven have a spare striker. This club is run by the Board and always has been. Martin has to accept these rules.

Well done Martin. Make the assets you have sweat including those with issues.

He sulked for a bit and then got down to work coaching his way out of trouble.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:07 - Apr 19 with 3207 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 22:53 - Apr 19 by Whiterockin

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe misses the first 2 games of next season as well. A fine coming for both clubs also.

Couldn’t see what happened from where I was - didn’t look great though. Did one of theirs go too??

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:12 - Apr 19 with 3168 viewsWhiterockin

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:07 - Apr 19 by PatchesOHoulihan

Couldn’t see what happened from where I was - didn’t look great though. Did one of theirs go too??

Joe was up complaining that the game was not stopped for a Fulton head injury. He got pushed and waded into the opposition bench like Che Guevara on acid. Everyone piled in. That's how I saw it from the East.

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:16 - Apr 19 with 3153 viewsAguycalledJack

From where I was in the west, it looked like their manager said something to Allen and jo got into him. Mind you I thought Preston got away with stuff all night, the ref was poor and let a lot go,the end result being the all in. Bloody great.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 23:18]
Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:19 - Apr 19 with 3135 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:12 - Apr 19 by Whiterockin

Joe was up complaining that the game was not stopped for a Fulton head injury. He got pushed and waded into the opposition bench like Che Guevara on acid. Everyone piled in. That's how I saw it from the East.

Positives and negatives from that 😂

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:22 - Apr 19 with 3100 viewsWhiterockin

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:16 - Apr 19 by AguycalledJack

From where I was in the west, it looked like their manager said something to Allen and jo got into him. Mind you I thought Preston got away with stuff all night, the ref was poor and let a lot go,the end result being the all in. Bloody great.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 23:18]

Pretty sure it was their manager that pushed him.

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:29 - Apr 19 with 3076 viewsBadlands

Ref showed he was going to favour Preston from the off.
Shocking performance by the officials that led to the fracas.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:29 - Apr 19 with 3075 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:22 - Apr 19 by Whiterockin

Pretty sure it was their manager that pushed him.

Probably shouldn’t have been anywhere near each other

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:34 - Apr 19 with 3056 viewsWhiterockin

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:29 - Apr 19 by Badlands

Ref showed he was going to favour Preston from the off.
Shocking performance by the officials that led to the fracas.

He was rubbish for both sides. If he had stopped the game when he should we wouldn't have had the 4 goals.

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 08:20 - Apr 20 with 2847 viewsWhiterockin

From the BBC website.

Russell Martin said the mass brawl which marred Swansea City's 4-2 win over Preston North End was not "pretty for anyone".

Preston boss Ryan Lowe, who declined to talk to the media after the game, and Swansea midfielder Joe Allen were shown red cards in the 90th minute.

The dismissals followed a prolonged touchline clash involving players and staff from both clubs.

"It can be avoided. Ryan pushes Joe and chaos ensues," said Swans boss Martin.

"I've watched it back, I don't think it's pretty for anyone. Our job as a group of staff is to get players away from it. The situation could have been avoided, twice probably. It is what it is.

"A couple of things I really didn't like but it is what it is.

"When people are so passionate and care about what they're doing, sometimes it boils over. I don't judge anyone for that, but it is a disappointing thing to happen."

Allen now faces a three-match ban which means his season is over.

The 33-year-old, who had scored his side's second goal, had been substituted by the time Jay Fulton went down with what appeared to be a head injury in the last few minutes of normal time.

Swansea were unhappy that play was not stopped
to allow Fulton to receive treatment, with Allen protesting in front of the Preston dugout before being shoved by Lowe.

The former Wales midfielder reacted by barging into Lowe before numerous others got involved in an incident which seems certain to be looked at by the Football Association (FA).

"I'm really disappointed with how the night ends [for Allen] because all he was doing was trying to get the attention of the fourth official," added Martin.

"The game probably should have been stopped, Jay Fulton takes a head injury.

"The game should be stopped, but it isn't. Ryan pushes Joe and after that it's carnage. If that doesn't happen I don't think any of it happens.

"I think he has done a great job there, as he did at Plymouth, so I am not going to judge him on that action because it's a pressured environment.

"It's so different, it's so difficult - it is what it is."

Martin defended Allen, adding: "I totally understand Joe's reaction to it. You don't expect that from a manager.

"He didn't provoke it, but his reaction probably merits that [red card]. He's apologised, but he doesn't need to.

"He's just showing care for his team-mate. He reacts because he's a winner."

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 09:36 - Apr 20 with 2782 viewsswan65split

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 23:07 - Apr 19 by PatchesOHoulihan

Posts on Social media saying one of their players spat at Fulton when he was on the floor.
Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 10:16 - Apr 20 with 2753 viewsDr_Winston

Last night demonstrated both what can happen when Joe is allowed to dictate an attacking game and what happens when we take that attacking element away.

We dominated the game for the first 45 and showed signs of regaining control in the second after a slow start. Allen then goes off, suddenly we've got a defensively inclined midfield and chaos ensued.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 10:29 - Apr 20 with 2738 viewsFireboy2

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 10:16 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

Last night demonstrated both what can happen when Joe is allowed to dictate an attacking game and what happens when we take that attacking element away.

We dominated the game for the first 45 and showed signs of regaining control in the second after a slow start. Allen then goes off, suddenly we've got a defensively inclined midfield and chaos ensued.

This big style, when joey came off I was screaming at the box saying wtf isn't ntcham coming on, we lost that attacking intent.
Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 10:47 - Apr 20 with 2717 viewsBadlands

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 10:16 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

TBF we were under the cosh from the start of the second half.
Joe was subbed on 60 minutes.
But he was very good in the first half.
(If only Piroe could use his right foot as well as Joe could use his left we might have been four up at the interval.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 10:57 - Apr 20 with 2709 viewsDr_Winston

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 10:29 - Apr 20 by Fireboy2

This big style, when joey came off I was screaming at the box saying wtf isn't ntcham coming on, we lost that attacking intent.

I kinda get why Oli was used as a last resort if he'd had a fitness test before the game, but I don't understand why Joe was taken off at all.

He wasn't injured, he wasn't struggling. It seems like the only reason he went off is because RM likes taking an offensive midfielder off around the hour mark, as has happened to Ntcham for no apparent reason so often.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 11:08 - Apr 20 with 2692 viewsunion_jack

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 10:57 - Apr 20 by Dr_Winston

I kinda get why Oli was used as a last resort if he'd had a fitness test before the game, but I don't understand why Joe was taken off at all.

He wasn't injured, he wasn't struggling. It seems like the only reason he went off is because RM likes taking an offensive midfielder off around the hour mark, as has happened to Ntcham for no apparent reason so often.

I think those players need to be used sensibly as injuries are around the corner. I think Martin gets that one right.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 11:48 - Apr 20 with 2646 viewsDr_Winston

Super Joey Allen ... false dawn??? Lol (n/t) on 11:08 - Apr 20 by union_jack

I think those players need to be used sensibly as injuries are around the corner. I think Martin gets that one right.

There's three games left in the season and Allen has hardly been overplayed.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024