Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? 09:28 - May 9 with 3058 viewsMonkey_Roots

When can we expect news on staff changes, player releases etc?

Does it tend to happen very quickly once the season ends, or will there be a period of reflection?
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 10:16 - May 9 with 2945 viewsterryb

We will still have to pay the wages of everyone until June 30th & apart from players currently out of contract, we can't sign anyone until July 1st.
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 10:20 - May 9 with 2923 viewsStanisgod

What about the new kit 😂😂

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 10:31 - May 9 with 2882 viewsGaxZE

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 10:20 - May 9 by Stanisgod

Would guess with the season tickets being announced in a few weeks - they've done this because they want good news to follow getting fans to sign up. Makes sense as currently there is little 'enticement' for those on the fence.

So if there was any big announcements I'd expect them in the next 2 weeks.

As for the players - I would guess we will find out in a similar time whether or not a player is extended, released or signs a new contract.

As for players who are being sold - all depends whether we have an offer for them. You'll know if we do because probably WLS will have some articles about it.
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 10:44 - May 9 with 2836 viewscolinallcars

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 10:16 - May 9 by terryb

We will still have to pay the wages of everyone until June 30th & apart from players currently out of contract, we can't sign anyone until July 1st.

So these mincing dilettantes are on full pay for the next seven weeks….tough job being a footballer eh ?
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 10:46 - May 9 with 2832 viewsdaveB

players contracts the news usually comes out the week after the season ends so would expect something this week.

God knows about the rest
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:01 - May 9 with 2777 viewsjoe90

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 10:20 - May 9 by Stanisgod

Mate, I always look forward to the new kit! 😁
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:08 - May 9 with 2755 viewsbosh67

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:01 - May 9 by joe90

Mate, I always look forward to the new kit! 😁

Wouldn't it be nice if as part of the new season tickets that kids up to a certain age got a home kit top. That would be a very classy thing to do.

As for the kit it will be blue and white hoops. I really wouldn't care if they played in jeans and T shirts or dressed as Mr Blobby if it meant they were better than they are now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:24 - May 9 with 2698 viewsjoe90

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:08 - May 9 by bosh67

Wouldn't it be nice if as part of the new season tickets that kids up to a certain age got a home kit top. That would be a very classy thing to do.

As for the kit it will be blue and white hoops. I really wouldn't care if they played in jeans and T shirts or dressed as Mr Blobby if it meant they were better than they are now.

Come on man, don't ruin the surprise for me!

On a serious note, yes it would be a nice gesture, especially after the season we've had.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:34 - May 9 with 2637 viewsLanhoop

Money will be very tight. No chance there are giveaways.

Expect some kind of rise in the cost of season tickets, probably at least 5% but maybe more.
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:44 - May 9 with 2578 viewsGloucs_R

New owners....

That's my guess 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:53 - May 9 with 2535 viewsNortholt_Rs

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:34 - May 9 by Lanhoop

Expect some kind of rise in the cost of season tickets, probably at least 5% but maybe more.

I reckon ST sales will be down by more than 5%….that’s what the club should be worrying about.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 12:38 - May 9 with 2411 viewsterryb

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:34 - May 9 by Lanhoop

I don't know how many season ticket holders we have, or what is the average price of a season ticket, but I do expect the club to receive less income from ST's next season!

Picking figures at random, 8,000 st's at £450 realises £3.6million. A 5% increase in the price would only generate an extra £178,000 revenue, but a decrease of 500 people buying tickets would have a sales figure of £66,250 less than this season. Losing 500 & not increasing the price lowers the income by £225,000.

I've no idea whether they would be better off keeping prices the same or by increasing them. I'm sure they've carried out many calculations & will base the figure on what they perceive to be the best option. Have they been optimistic in how many they will sell is the unknown factor.
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 12:52 - May 9 with 2340 viewsLanhoop

Price and Volume are always the risk calculation they have to make. Although there are a number of (usually) vocal people saying they won't renew now that often changes as the end of the early bird period arrives.

I'd assume that Hoos and the board are looking at yesterday's sellout of a meaningless match after a season of dross and thinking there is demand out there to make up for the leavers.
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 13:21 - May 9 with 2179 viewsbosh67

I was watching the Notts County V Borehamwood game thinking that there were half a dozen players that were better, quicker and more motivated than what we have here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 13:24 - May 9 with 2169 viewsozranger

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 12:38 - May 9 by terryb

I don't know how many season ticket holders we have, or what is the average price of a season ticket, but I do expect the club to receive less income from ST's next season!

Picking figures at random, 8,000 st's at £450 realises £3.6million. A 5% increase in the price would only generate an extra £178,000 revenue, but a decrease of 500 people buying tickets would have a sales figure of £66,250 less than this season. Losing 500 & not increasing the price lowers the income by £225,000.

I've no idea whether they would be better off keeping prices the same or by increasing them. I'm sure they've carried out many calculations & will base the figure on what they perceive to be the best option. Have they been optimistic in how many they will sell is the unknown factor.

Slight flaw in the calculations. The average season ticket price is well below £450, possibly closer to £250 or even less. You are basing your figures on adults only when there are a significant number of senior discounts as well as for students and children. So, your figures may require a bit of a tweak. Then, will it be the elderly who choose not to attend, the adults or the youngsters. The latter, I feel, may actually increase - the students, I mean.
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 13:28 - May 9 with 2146 viewsR_from_afar

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 13:21 - May 9 by bosh67

I was watching the Notts County V Borehamwood game thinking that there were half a dozen players that were better, quicker and more motivated than what we have here.

Only half a dozen?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 14:08 - May 9 with 2050 viewsterryb

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 13:24 - May 9 by ozranger

Slight flaw in the calculations. The average season ticket price is well below £450, possibly closer to £250 or even less. You are basing your figures on adults only when there are a significant number of senior discounts as well as for students and children. So, your figures may require a bit of a tweak. Then, will it be the elderly who choose not to attend, the adults or the youngsters. The latter, I feel, may actually increase - the students, I mean.

I did state that I had picked the figures at random & that I had no idea of either the average cost or the number of ticket holders. I would certainly accept that £450 is too high, but I don't think it would be anywhere close to £250.

Again, this is only conjecture, but are there not more "gold" tickets in the ground than "silver" or "bronze" & are there not more adult holders than the rest combined? I definitely accept that we do have a lot of senior members (myself included), but most of those around me in the Upper Loft pay the full price.

The adult renewal for the season just ended was Gold £555, Silver £485 & Bronze £420 with senior/under 23 being £375, £290 & £235. This is without taking Platinum into account. It would take a lot of bronze seats & children having ST's for it to be anywhere close to your quoted average. Indeed it might be difficult for it to be as low as £350.

However, the average price & the numbers involved are irrelevant as to whether the club can increase their income from sales this year.
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 14:34 - May 9 with 1952 viewsEastR

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 14:08 - May 9 by terryb

I did state that I had picked the figures at random & that I had no idea of either the average cost or the number of ticket holders. I would certainly accept that £450 is too high, but I don't think it would be anywhere close to £250.

Again, this is only conjecture, but are there not more "gold" tickets in the ground than "silver" or "bronze" & are there not more adult holders than the rest combined? I definitely accept that we do have a lot of senior members (myself included), but most of those around me in the Upper Loft pay the full price.

The adult renewal for the season just ended was Gold £555, Silver £485 & Bronze £420 with senior/under 23 being £375, £290 & £235. This is without taking Platinum into account. It would take a lot of bronze seats & children having ST's for it to be anywhere close to your quoted average. Indeed it might be difficult for it to be as low as £350.

However, the average price & the numbers involved are irrelevant as to whether the club can increase their income from sales this year.

I think I heard Lee Hoos say in that recent interview that one of the key metrics he was measured against was the average age of our support base. I think he said it was currently 42 years, down from 47 yrs.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 14:42 - May 9 with 1938 viewsMatch82

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 11:08 - May 9 by bosh67

Feels like at minimum an easy gesture would be 50% off a kids kit with a season ticket, I assume there's a massive markup and they could at least break even on cost that way.
Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 15:09 - May 9 with 1894 viewsderbyhoop

Anyone have any feelings on timelines? on 13:28 - May 9 by R_from_afar

Only half a dozen?

Per side?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024