Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 700546 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:30 - Aug 21 with 4880 viewsGus_iom

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:42 - Aug 21 by 1JD

We haven’t given a 5 year deal to anyone in the last 10 years or so. And spending a rumoured near 4m on a 24 year old, who in only 1 year aged 25 will see his valuation max out, and every year thereafter depreciate rapidly, is quite frankly bonkers.

Doesn’t make sense on any level and sounds made up journalism at this point.

For ffp purposes, you can discount any transfer fee paid, over the length of the contract, hence teams handing out long contracts at the moment. It also means that successful signings hold their value for longer.
Of we are doing it as a one off, over 4 years rather than 3, and we really want the player, go for it.
I'd be very nervous if I was a chelsea fan, though
Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:45 - Aug 21 with 4778 viewsNorthernr

We haven’t given a 5 year deal to anyone in the last 10 years or so. And spending a rumoured near 4m on a 24 year old, who in only 1 year aged 25 will see his valuation max out, and every year thereafter depreciate rapidly, is quite frankly bonkers.

While I agree with you it's probably a journo getting carried away, we did give Sam Field a 3.5 year deal (effectively 4 seasons) in January. He's 26 and, let's be honest, not getting sold for any amount of money any time soon.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:09 - Aug 21 with 4268 viewsBlue_Castello

Agreed I posted last night that I thought it highly unlikely we are paying 3.75 million Euros even allowing for the fact that the fee is staggered over the length of the contract.

What could be possible is that the fee plus wages over the length of contract adds up to 3.75 million Euros, which is closer to the market we can afford.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:47 - Aug 21 with 3935 viewsdm97

If we’re believing transfer fees spouted around on social media I have 7 bridges to sell you. They won’t be doing it if it tips us over ffp edge, they’ve made that very clear over the last 4-5 years. Go outside and touch some grass, and remember where we were a year ago!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:06 - Aug 21 with 3332 viewsAntti_Heinola

Got to say I’m pretty shocked at the blase ‘they must have costed this out, it’s all fine arguments’

Nourry is, to put it kindly, inexperienced. Otherwise, this is the same group of people, maybe except Reilly, who have been making rash decisions for a decade and constantly over spending, even when Les was urging restraint. The faith placed in Nourry is laudable but a bit of healthy scepticism isn’t a bad thing. I was a fan of Hoos overall, but didn’t agree with every decision he made, far from it (as warbs would say).

Maybe it’s all fine. At the moment, I’m not sure how some wages saving, armstrong fee and Eze england payment covers our spending.

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:13 - Aug 21 with 3230 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:06 - Aug 21 by Antti_Heinola

Got to say I’m pretty shocked at the blase ‘they must have costed this out, it’s all fine arguments’

Nourry is, to put it kindly, inexperienced. Otherwise, this is the same group of people, maybe except Reilly, who have been making rash decisions for a decade and constantly over spending, even when Les was urging restraint. The faith placed in Nourry is laudable but a bit of healthy scepticism isn’t a bad thing. I was a fan of Hoos overall, but didn’t agree with every decision he made, far from it (as warbs would say).

Maybe it’s all fine. At the moment, I’m not sure how some wages saving, armstrong fee and Eze england payment covers our spending.

Agree with you, Antti. We have to remain cautious, all the more so because we're being told nothing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:17 - Aug 21 with 3143 viewsNorthernr

1000% this.

And, as I keep saying, they're going out of their way to tell us even less about these decisions they're making.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:23 - Aug 21 with 3052 viewsPhilmyRs

Nothing wrong with being cautious, but I don't feel the sums being spent are ridiculous, and arguably we are accruing some very good investments, particularly in the case of Dembele where you can already see the potential profit when we come to sell him. Obviously lots of risks, injuries and things which can derail plans but I was more concerned the Beale summer where we didn't have any incoming funds and wasted money on loans where we had no sell-on options or spent on older players (Balogun). Early days but improved TV money, Armstrong and Eze England cap income, and releasing Willock and the goalkeeper's wages does feel like it's more balanced but.....if it was me, I would still sell one of the assets - JCS or chair - to really highlight how the business model should work.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:28 - Aug 21 with 2993 viewsrbee

I just don't see our owners breaking the Profit and Sustainability rules for a second time, goodness knows what punishments we would receive for a second offence.

If they did break the rules again, IF, then they would have to be considered not fit and proper to own a football club.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:31 - Aug 21 with 2951 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:28 - Aug 21 by rbee

I just don't see our owners breaking the Profit and Sustainability rules for a second time, goodness knows what punishments we would receive for a second offence.

If they did break the rules again, IF, then they would have to be considered not fit and proper to own a football club.

But you're talking like they didn't just come within a gnat's cock hair of doing exactly that by getting carried away with Warburton and then doubling down with Beale. The horrors of the last 18 months were caused by us yet again grabbing at shiny things and chasing promotion in an unsustainable way.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:40 - Aug 21 with 2844 viewsrbee

But they didn't. They also managed to do some amazing work in the last January transfer window to help us retain our Championship status.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:43 - Aug 21 with 2791 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:40 - Aug 21 by rbee

But they didn't. They also managed to do some amazing work in the last January transfer window to help us retain our Championship status.

A status they'd threatened with their recruitment, retention and spending decisions.

At one point we won 6 of 48 games under four different managers.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:45 - Aug 21 with 2733 viewsJamesB1979

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:31 - Aug 21 by Northernr

But you're talking like they didn't just come within a gnat's cock hair of doing exactly that by getting carried away with Warburton and then doubling down with Beale. The horrors of the last 18 months were caused by us yet again grabbing at shiny things and chasing promotion in an unsustainable way.

But it’s not the same people making the decisions this time. Definitely reasons to be cautious over this and not sing praises too much but we can’t use the decisions when Warburton is here as reason to blame the current crop. If we sign this guy, I would still expect our wage bill to be down from last season. So, it’s down to how the transfer fees in and out are structured.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:47 - Aug 21 with 2680 viewsswisscottage

Due to the Warburton Splurge 3 years ago we have needed to come in way under the average for the last two years.

This means that for FFP purposes we have the same amount of headroom as the Warburton overspend.

Now if we spunk this all away this season then we'll be needing to underspend over the next two seasons or make up the difference with sales, and if they are backing their recruitment policy they may be banking on the latter.

I can see Dembele being sold on in two years for an 8 figure sum
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:51 - Aug 21 with 2631 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:47 - Aug 21 by swisscottage

Due to the Warburton Splurge 3 years ago we have needed to come in way under the average for the last two years.

This means that for FFP purposes we have the same amount of headroom as the Warburton overspend.

Now if we spunk this all away this season then we'll be needing to underspend over the next two seasons or make up the difference with sales, and if they are backing their recruitment policy they may be banking on the latter.

But we don't actually know it'll be us doing that Dembele selling do we?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:51 - Aug 21 with 2627 viewsrbee

Of course.

There isn't many on here that would have disagreed with supporting Warburton at the time when we were sitting in the playoff's and playing some great football. Nobody could have predicted our collapse and fall down the table.

A bigger mistake was falling for Beales BS and recruiting most of the players he wanted. But again sat in a room listening to Beale most of us would have fallen for it.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:54 - Aug 21 with 2557 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:45 - Aug 21 by JamesB1979

But it’s not the same people making the decisions this time. Definitely reasons to be cautious over this and not sing praises too much but we can’t use the decisions when Warburton is here as reason to blame the current crop. If we sign this guy, I would still expect our wage bill to be down from last season. So, it’s down to how the transfer fees in and out are structured.

Cautious is definitely the word.

Yeh, it's Nourry now. And it was Les and Lee before. And it was Phil Beard before.

But since Tony and Ruben, and latterly Ruben by himself, have owned this club they have shown you they will throw daft money at footballers chasing the Prem given the chance, frequently with disastrous consequences.

And look I like the profile of the signings, this is the sort of thing I've been saying we should do for years, but I don't know how anybody who's watched QPR even relatively short term who's happy to say "oh they probably know what they're doing it'll all be fine".
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:55 - Aug 21 with 2537 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:51 - Aug 21 by Northernr

We have to be pretty certain. Many sources have said that we have signed the player on loan this season followed by the purchase at the end of the season.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:56 - Aug 21 with 2513 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:51 - Aug 21 by rbee

Of course.

There isn't many on here that would have disagreed with supporting Warburton at the time when we were sitting in the playoff's and playing some great football. Nobody could have predicted our collapse and fall down the table.

A bigger mistake was falling for Beales BS and recruiting most of the players he wanted. But again sat in a room listening to Beale most of us would have fallen for it.

But, again, who's to say in 18 months you won't be saying "well we could never have foreseen that it would turn sour under Cifuentes, that Nourry was full of sht, anybody would have been taken in..."
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:59 - Aug 21 with 2471 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:55 - Aug 21 by rbee

We have to be pretty certain. Many sources have said that we have signed the player on loan this season followed by the purchase at the end of the season.

Purchase if we go up? Purchase if we stay up? Purchase if he meets certain appearance records? Purchase as long as somebody doesn't offer Brest double the money? Purchase regardless?

This is the problem with their secret squirrel act. You're assuming he's signed, he might not have done. Swiss has seen him once and thinks he's gonna go for £8m, but we might not own him when he does.

And we've been here before. Oh sure we're pushing the boat out a bit, but we'll get good money for Chair/Dickie/Dieng if it all goes to sht don't worry about it. Willock's gonna be worth £10m...
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:04 - Aug 21 with 2398 viewsdm97

I get the cautiousness here guys and not saying for one moment this ownership are wise old football sages. But you cant have it both ways every window.

Sign cheap old has beens on frees? We should be investing in players to sell on in the future.
Sign 21-25 year old punts to develop and sell on, and pay (let’s guess) £5/6m in the process? Our spending is too high we need to be more prudent.

Maybe it’s a risk that is costly, maybe it’s all accounting quirks that none of us have the knowledge about and are guilty of spouting keyboard warrior answers about finances when we haven’t got a clue.

But you can’t chastise them for investing in young punts when we’ve been saying we should do this all along. If we’d spent our millions on Dembeles and not Rio No.5’s we would not be here.

We need to have some risk appetite if we’re ever to get out of this death spiral. And we can’t be having our cake and eating it every window.
[Post edited 21 Aug 11:06]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:04 - Aug 21 with 2395 viewsnick_hammersmith

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:47 - Aug 21 by swisscottage

OR, we might end up paying for him to go to Cambridge for the season...

Remember, it wasn't just QPR and Mick Beale who thought Taylor Richards was a good idea.
In order to break out of this cycle QPR has to go back to its 90's model of selling its best player every season and replacing them with, ideally, better prospects.

Sell a Sinton, buy a Sinclair
That type of idea.

It's ambitious though, I've only seen Brighton and Brentford do this in recent years.
And even Brentford can get unstuck with the odd Toney, who will probably not realise the massive payday for the club they thought he would
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:06 - Aug 21 with 2367 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:56 - Aug 21 by Northernr

But, again, who's to say in 18 months you won't be saying "well we could never have foreseen that it would turn sour under Cifuentes, that Nourry was full of sht, anybody would have been taken in..."

At the moment we are signing young players with potential and doing plenty of research before signing.

Previously we were mainly buying and loaning Premier League players or signing players, such as Bonne, without proper research. Our expenditure, especially on salaries, was a lot higher.

Our overall outlay during this transfer window is going to be smaller than the Warburton year so our exposure to Profit and Sustainability is also smaller.

If in 18 months it all goes QPR again then we have 18 months to fix it.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:06 - Aug 21 with 2360 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:04 - Aug 21 by dm97

I get the cautiousness here guys and not saying for one moment this ownership are wise old football sages. But you cant have it both ways every window.

Sign cheap old has beens on frees? We should be investing in players to sell on in the future.
Sign 21-25 year old punts to develop and sell on, and pay (let’s guess) £5/6m in the process? Our spending is too high we need to be more prudent.

Maybe it’s a risk that is costly, maybe it’s all accounting quirks that none of us have the knowledge about and are guilty of spouting keyboard warrior answers about finances when we haven’t got a clue.

But you can’t chastise them for investing in young punts when we’ve been saying we should do this all along. If we’d spent our millions on Dembeles and not Rio No.5’s we would not be here.

We need to have some risk appetite if we’re ever to get out of this death spiral. And we can’t be having our cake and eating it every window.
[Post edited 21 Aug 11:06]

I repeat, I like the profile of the signings, it's exactly what we should be doing. Waaay better than bloody Andre Gray on loan or Honest Mick's child army.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:09 - Aug 21 with 2297 viewsThird_Division_South

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:51 - Aug 21 by Northernr

That’s what so confusing about the lack of information. A lot of people are talking as if Dembele and Saito are ours at the end of the season but we don’t know if we have first refusal, option to buy at an agreed price or an obligation to buy. Maybe there’s no final agreement on both of them and if they have great seasons with us we could miss out on both.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024