Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. 09:47 - Jun 7 with 3534 viewssaintmark1976

Mr Sunak left yesterday’s 80 year D Day commemorations in Normandy early to make a party political broadcast which is not to be shown until next Wednesday.

This morning Mr Sunak has had to publicly apologise for his lack of judgment and insensitivity in not staying to fully honour the few remaining D Day veterans and their families.

Veterans, whose bravery and courage literally helped secure for us the freedoms so many nowadays take for granted.

In the light of his actions yesterday, I personally would be delighted if in the future Mr Sunak wishes to attend at St Mary’s the club inform him that he is not welcome.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 10:10 - Jun 7 with 2099 viewssaint901

His decision certainly indicates either shocking lack of judgement or demonstrates that his priority is to keep his job as PM.

I suggest that either of these reasons are not what we need in a Leader.

He should be able to weigh the various factors in any decision and consider carefully the impact upon those at the centre of the action, the UK, the Government, his position, and finally him and his political party. In that order.

In my opinion he got this priority wrong yesterday and put himself and his party ahead of everything else.

Do we want somebody leading us with such a skewed sense of priorities?
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 11:17 - Jun 7 with 2042 viewsDorsetIan

Teresa May let a 20 pint lead disappear during her election campaign, so he’s got competition, but so far Rishi Sunaks election campaign has been a multi-car pile up.

It’s so bad, it feels like internal sabotage but even so any fool should know that leaving the D-Day celebs early would be wrong.

Sunak has always been a drip.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 11:20 - Jun 7 with 2044 viewsstmichael

Central London yesterday was awash with rainbow flags celebrating pride month.
The country no longer cares about our history and in most cases is trying to erase it.
If we don't tell our children about D Day they most certainly wont learn about it in school.
How did we get here?

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 12:12 - Jun 7 with 1989 viewssaint901

I think I would generally agree that the noise generated by a number of "minority*" groups has been allowed to become too loud and they are obscuring many elements of our history or culture or future.

*By minority I mean less than say 25% of the adult population.

My own children are basically ashamed of our history and do not wish to be associated with it which in turn means that they have little pride in our country. I think that is quite sad.

I've made the point the past that without the fighting men and women of the Second War, the freedoms they enjoy now may never have come to exist. They care little for that argument.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 12:34 - Jun 7 with 1957 viewssaint22

The tories seem to unbelievably flounce from one awful leader to a worse one
This short clown is exactly that
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 12:53 - Jun 7 with 1953 viewsdjsaint

Fine if your opinion is you don’t want him to lead the country!

But to state he’s not welcome at St Mary’s is absolute b*llox and just modern day cancel culture in action!

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:13 - Jun 7 with 1923 viewsUTS1885

Whilst I agree that leaving the d day gathering was disgraceful, he has nothing to do with SFC management and owners, just simply a fan.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:19 - Jun 7 with 1911 viewsDorsetIan

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:13 - Jun 7 by UTS1885

Whilst I agree that leaving the d day gathering was disgraceful, he has nothing to do with SFC management and owners, just simply a fan.

I detect the influence of Nathan Jones in some of Sunak's decision making.

Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:28 - Jun 7 with 1890 viewsButty101

Im clearly missing something as i dont see what the fake outrage is all about.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:40 - Jun 7 with 1868 viewsHeisenberg

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:28 - Jun 7 by Butty101

Disrespecting the fallen who gave so much is fake outrage ? Just admit it Sunak is a disaster who is not fit to be PM. He calls for national service and then cant be bothered to stay to meet World leaders and veterans commemorating D day. Thank god they only have a few more weeks left.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:43 - Jun 7 with 1855 viewsButty101

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:40 - Jun 7 by Heisenberg

Disrespecting the fallen who gave so much is fake outrage ? Just admit it Sunak is a disaster who is not fit to be PM. He calls for national service and then cant be bothered to stay to meet World leaders and veterans commemorating D day. Thank god they only have a few more weeks left.

He left after it finished ! How is that disrespecting anyone ?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:55 - Jun 7 with 1832 viewssaintmark1976

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 12:53 - Jun 7 by djsaint

Fine if your opinion is you don’t want him to lead the country!

But to state he’s not welcome at St Mary’s is absolute b*llox and just modern day cancel culture in action!

djsaint, I don’t know what cancel culture is. Perhaps that’s because there are more days behind me than those ahead. Is the phrase one primarily used by younger people ?

What I do know is that my father and my uncles together with countless others of their generation served during the Second World War to secure our freedom from tyranny.

And Yes, I am offended when Mr Sunak appears to be unable to understand their sacrifices and places his personal political interests above his duty to properly represent our country. Is that reason enough to suggest that our club would be well served if he were not seen at St Mary’s again? In my opinion “ yes”. You may hold a different view, which I of course respect.

As to whether he is fit to lead the country. I will not comment personally, being happy to leave such a judgement to millions of others on July 4.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 14:17 - Jun 7 with 1797 viewsMattFinish

I don't think Sunak is too bothered. If he loses he'll pi$$ off to the states which is the same as Farage will do when he fails to become an MP for the eighth time
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 15:52 - Jun 7 with 1709 viewssaint22

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 11:20 - Jun 7 by stmichael

Central London yesterday was awash with rainbow flags celebrating pride month.
The country no longer cares about our history and in most cases is trying to erase it.
If we don't tell our children about D Day they most certainly wont learn about it in school.
How did we get here?

And if we don’t educate our children about their right to choose then we will remain a nation of bigots
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 16:07 - Jun 7 with 1715 viewsDorsetIan

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:43 - Jun 7 by Butty101

He left after it finished ! How is that disrespecting anyone ?

If he left before it finished would you feel differently?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:08 - Jun 7 with 1673 viewsBazza

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:19 - Jun 7 by DorsetIan

I detect the influence of Nathan Jones in some of Sunak's decision making.

Is that a joke? or just nonsense?
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:15 - Jun 7 with 1665 viewsChesham_Saint

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:28 - Jun 7 by Butty101

Absolutely. This has nothing to do with SFC. What next? Arsenal banning Sir Kier if/when his policies fail? You’d have to ban half the crowd if you took into account their misdemeanours, FFS.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:35 - Jun 7 with 1646 viewsButty101

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 16:07 - Jun 7 by DorsetIan

If he left before it finished would you feel differently?

No because he has a very demanding job, with everyone wanting a slice of his time.

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:36 - Jun 7 with 1644 viewsRon11

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 15:52 - Jun 7 by saint22

And if we don’t educate our children about their right to choose then we will remain a nation of bigots

Their right to choose and the fact that they still have a right to choose was put in place by those on the beaches on D Day.
Not that the likes of Corbyn and Abbot would give a flying fu ck about that.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:49 - Jun 7 with 1636 viewskentsouthampton

Bloke who wants to bring back national service couldn't even manage an afternoon of it, the irony.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:50 - Jun 7 with 1635 viewskentsouthampton

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:52 - Jun 7 with 1630 viewskentsouthampton

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:35 - Jun 7 by Butty101

No because he has a very demanding job, with everyone wanting a slice of his time.

Hardly, the ITV interview was penned in and requested by Tory central office, you might have had a point if ITV had set it up.
Sunak is Labour's biggest electoral asset right now.
[Post edited 7 Jun 17:53]
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:56 - Jun 7 with 1616 viewskentsouthampton

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 13:13 - Jun 7 by UTS1885

He'd prolly leave at half time.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 18:53 - Jun 7 with 1576 viewsCenturion

I would prefer it if we kept politics out of a football site.
Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 19:52 - Jun 7 with 1520 viewsButty101

Yesterday Mr Sunak brought our club into disrepute by his association with us. on 17:52 - Jun 7 by kentsouthampton

Hardly, the ITV interview was penned in and requested by Tory central office, you might have had a point if ITV had set it up.
Sunak is Labour's biggest electoral asset right now.
[Post edited 7 Jun 17:53]

No offense , but I find it hard to take you seriously . After all you are a Pompey fan pretending to be a Southampton supporter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024