Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction 11:57 - Jun 10 with 783 viewsUTS1885

Goalkeeper Ian Turners medal

https://bidlive.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/auctions/8939/srgrah10072/lot-details/2
[Post edited 10 Jun 11:58]
Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 12:23 - Jun 10 with 733 viewskingslandstand1

A shame they have to do that, but depends on his family situation, does he have anyone to pass it on to, or having more than one child which one does he pass it on to etc

And if he can get £10k for it then so be it
Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 15:15 - Jun 10 with 613 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 12:23 - Jun 10 by kingslandstand1

A shame they have to do that, but depends on his family situation, does he have anyone to pass it on to, or having more than one child which one does he pass it on to etc

And if he can get £10k for it then so be it

Well, for a start he has 10 brothers and sisters, the reason I know that was a ‘Colemanballs’ commentary moment from the man himself, David Coleman, who was the BBC commentator for the 1976 Cup Final. At the the final whistle as the cameras panned in on Ian Turner, Coleman said “Ian Turner, one of 11 children who started the game nervously, has ended up a winner” Taken literally, in the 76 Cup Final, Man U were beaten by 11 children 😀
So, he has plenty of close family which could create a dilemma as to who it goes to I suppose.
Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 15:31 - Jun 10 with 605 viewsSaintNick

Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 15:15 - Jun 10 by InTimeAddedOn

Well, for a start he has 10 brothers and sisters, the reason I know that was a ‘Colemanballs’ commentary moment from the man himself, David Coleman, who was the BBC commentator for the 1976 Cup Final. At the the final whistle as the cameras panned in on Ian Turner, Coleman said “Ian Turner, one of 11 children who started the game nervously, has ended up a winner” Taken literally, in the 76 Cup Final, Man U were beaten by 11 children 😀
So, he has plenty of close family which could create a dilemma as to who it goes to I suppose.

I was once featured in Colemanballs for a comment I had said somewhere, Ill have to dig it out.

I said back in 2009 as we headed to administration.

"Never has a football club in the size of Saints in recent history really had to stare into the precipice."

I probably meant to say Abyss, but given the definition of precipice is

1 a very steep side of a cliff or a mountain:

2 a dangerous situation that could lead to harm or failure:

I think we could describe our situation back then as both

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 15:51 - Jun 10 with 578 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 15:31 - Jun 10 by SaintNick

I was once featured in Colemanballs for a comment I had said somewhere, Ill have to dig it out.

I said back in 2009 as we headed to administration.

"Never has a football club in the size of Saints in recent history really had to stare into the precipice."

I probably meant to say Abyss, but given the definition of precipice is

1 a very steep side of a cliff or a mountain:

2 a dangerous situation that could lead to harm or failure:

I think we could describe our situation back then as both

This post has been edited by an administrator

It could have been worse 🙂

A couple of my old favourites:

What a goal, he’s just beaten Shilton from 35 yards, and nobody can beat Shilton from that distance (not exact but you get the gist)

The referee has looked at his whistle and blown his watch for full time [Hugh Johns at Villa Park from memory]
[Post edited 10 Jun 15:54]
Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 11:00 - Jun 11 with 314 viewsUTS1885

I think I want some commission as it’s doubled in price since I put this up
Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 11:58 - Jun 11 with 278 viewsSaintNick

Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 11:00 - Jun 11 by UTS1885

I think I want some commission as it’s doubled in price since I put this up

whats it up to now

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Another 1976 FA Cup medal at Auction on 12:54 - Jun 11 with 260 viewsUTS1885

On 11k at the moment from 4k yesterday morning, the echo have done an article today on the sale. A week to go and it might well make a record price.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024