Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker 12:20 - Jun 10 with 1254 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62542/trabzonspor-demand

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 13:28 - Jun 10 with 1157 viewsButty101

Or how about bring him back into the fold. He joined the club when it was in chaos. Worth it as an option to have coming off the bench. He would surely offer more than Mara or sicknote

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 13:30 - Jun 10 with 1153 viewsSaintNick

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 13:28 - Jun 10 by Butty101

Or how about bring him back into the fold. He joined the club when it was in chaos. Worth it as an option to have coming off the bench. He would surely offer more than Mara or sicknote

Does he offer more than Mara, in 2022/23 Mara scored in the Premier League and had assists, Onauchu had two chances on goal and not a lot else

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 13:56 - Jun 10 with 1113 viewsButty101

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 13:30 - Jun 10 by SaintNick

Does he offer more than Mara, in 2022/23 Mara scored in the Premier League and had assists, Onauchu had two chances on goal and not a lot else

Seko Mara also played at a similar level to Tall Paul last season and theres no comparison between thetwos stats

In four season playing league football Mara has 11 goals in total in nearly 90 appearances. I know you like to go against popular opinion, but Mara is not good enough. Had saints given Ballard the amount of chances that Mara had, i would bet my house on him having more than 4 league goals now.

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:21 - Jun 10 with 1087 viewsfelly1

We persevered with Armstrong in his two Premier campaigns when he scored a total of 4 goals in 50 matches.

Che took many many games before he started scoring a few.

Onuachu cost a similar amount and can clearly score goals but we never gave him a proper go.
I appreciate he may not be suited to our possession based style but as Butty says surely he's a better option off the bench than Mara.

Unless of course someone offers us 10 plus million then fair enough flog him.

How do we know if Ross Stewart will be any good either as well?
Similar age and only ever scored at lower level football.
Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:34 - Jun 10 with 1073 viewsInTimeAddedOn

I would say this is fairly simple, Trabzonspor should be given two clear options:
Pay up
or
Shut up
We are not a registered charity for Turkish chancers, they can plead poverty all day long but if they can’t afford the player then he goes to someone who can, or at least be more realistic with a proper offer. it’s that simple.
Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:51 - Jun 10 with 1042 viewsTimSaint

This has the potential to become another Hoedt, Elyounoussi, FF and all those from last season scenario. Either not good enough for us, or won't play for us in the Champ, so we loan them out for multiple seasons, their contract expires, they leave on a free - not before collecting a loyalty bonus for honouring their contracts !!

TimSaint

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:52 - Jun 10 with 1038 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:21 - Jun 10 by felly1

We persevered with Armstrong in his two Premier campaigns when he scored a total of 4 goals in 50 matches.

Onuachu cost a similar amount and can clearly score goals but we never gave him a proper go.
I appreciate he may not be suited to our possession based style but as Butty says surely he's a better option off the bench than Mara.

Interesting point re Ross Stewart. I have had a look at his showreels and I’d say there is a 50/50 chance he could be another Rickie Lambert and by that I mean Lambert’s ability to succeed was questioned by some when we were promoted from League 1 > the Championship and then even more so when we were promoted from the Championship > the PL. RL proved his doubters wrong perhaps RS can do the same IF he can stay fit. I’m not trying to compare the two in any way other than picking up on the valid question of him being unproved at PL level and hoping he can do what Lambert was able to do in terms of adapting well to the standards needed to make a telling contribution. I guess only time will tell.
Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:55 - Jun 10 with 1035 viewsSaintNick

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 13:56 - Jun 10 by Butty101

Seko Mara also played at a similar level to Tall Paul last season and theres no comparison between thetwos stats

In four season playing league football Mara has 11 goals in total in nearly 90 appearances. I know you like to go against popular opinion, but Mara is not good enough. Had saints given Ballard the amount of chances that Mara had, i would bet my house on him having more than 4 league goals now.

Firstly I dont go like to go against popular opinion, I just don't always go with it.

I would say that the Championship is a tougher league that the Turkish Super Lig, over there you have only about 4 teams of note, Galatasaray won it last year with 102 points, Fenerbache on 99 were 2nd and then Trabzonsport were 3rd with 67, after that its down below 61 points and also rans.

Onauchu failed miserably in 2022/23, there we have a comparison , the only direct comparison with both in the same squad and same divison.

Onuachu played 404 minutes and got zero goals and zero assists, Mara played 541 minutes a goal and 2 assists.

I dont particularly think that Mara is the answer, but at least he wanted to stay and play, in fairness to Onuachu he didn't suit the way Russel Marin wanted to play so was always going to be surplus this season, unless Martin leaves before the season starts then no point in keeping him here.

Why would you bet your house on Ballard scoring more than Mara, what are you basing that on, he has only played 24 minutes of Premier league football and didn't score, he did well for Reading before getting injured but that is league 2, Adam Armstrong got 28 goals in the Championship before joining Saints but struggled to score in the Premier League.

Ballard is a kid he only turned 19 a couple of months ago, if he had played in the season just gone and not scored the fans would be on his back and ruin him

Login to get fewer ads

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 15:02 - Jun 10 with 1025 viewsTimSaint

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:55 - Jun 10 by SaintNick

Firstly I dont go like to go against popular opinion, I just don't always go with it.

I would say that the Championship is a tougher league that the Turkish Super Lig, over there you have only about 4 teams of note, Galatasaray won it last year with 102 points, Fenerbache on 99 were 2nd and then Trabzonsport were 3rd with 67, after that its down below 61 points and also rans.

Onauchu failed miserably in 2022/23, there we have a comparison , the only direct comparison with both in the same squad and same divison.

Onuachu played 404 minutes and got zero goals and zero assists, Mara played 541 minutes a goal and 2 assists.

I dont particularly think that Mara is the answer, but at least he wanted to stay and play, in fairness to Onuachu he didn't suit the way Russel Marin wanted to play so was always going to be surplus this season, unless Martin leaves before the season starts then no point in keeping him here.

Why would you bet your house on Ballard scoring more than Mara, what are you basing that on, he has only played 24 minutes of Premier league football and didn't score, he did well for Reading before getting injured but that is league 2, Adam Armstrong got 28 goals in the Championship before joining Saints but struggled to score in the Premier League.

Ballard is a kid he only turned 19 a couple of months ago, if he had played in the season just gone and not scored the fans would be on his back and ruin him

To be fair and despite a few point deductions etc, Reading managed to stay in League 1 last season !!

TimSaint

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 15:26 - Jun 10 with 1001 viewsSaintNick

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:21 - Jun 10 by felly1

From what I have seen of Onuachu, he is just someone who gets into the box and you bang it forward to him, we don't play that way , he came on against Gillingham in the League cup, didn't make much impression that night against a League two side

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 15:52 - Jun 10 with 975 viewssaint22

bring him back
never had a chance
cant be worse than Mara, impact sub
certainly don't sell him for peanuts
Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 17:39 - Jun 10 with 852 viewsfelly1

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 15:26 - Jun 10 by SaintNick

From what I have seen of Onuachu, he is just someone who gets into the box and you bang it forward to him, we don't play that way , he came on against Gillingham in the League cup, didn't make much impression that night against a League two side

Well when we're losing games in the Prem next season and plan A isn't working, personally I'd feel more confident bringing on a 6 ft 7 striker with 150 plus goals to his name than Super Sekou and giving Plan B a go... Lots of crosses and get it forward quickly.
Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 10:47 - Jun 11 with 642 viewsgrumpy

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 13:30 - Jun 10 by SaintNick

Mara has had 50 games and scored 4.
Onuachu had 11 games,most of which I hazard a guess from the bench late in games.
Also his time with Saints was at a very difficult time under two of the worst managers we have ever had.
While I have reservations on how well he will perform in the Premiership,particularly the way we play the game,I would have liked to have seen him given more of a chance here.
I'd have him back in the squad with the option of a plan B.
His record of goals scored is impressive and not a bad option in defence of corners etc.
Mara doesn't offer much,but he often looks like a good player struggling with himself.
Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:30 - Jun 11 with 550 viewsButty101

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:55 - Jun 10 by SaintNick

On hear you never go with popular opinion.

Ive never seen the Turkish League (im guessing you didnt see it last season?) but i would hazzard a guess its at least on par with the championship. What you describe below 4 strong team running away with it, sums up last seasons championship.

Its funny how you will cut Mara all the slack in the world, yet Onauchu nothing who only started 4 games nothing. The guy came into the club when it was a complete sh it show, it would of been a huge surprise if he had been a success. Dont forget the style of play he was bought for, was abandoned after his 2nd game when we got rid of Jones.

How do you know Mara wanted to stay - more likely no one else wanted him.

Ballard is a natural finisher. In fact when he made his debut against cambridge, he got the last 10mins and nicked a goal. That was a game that Adam Armstrong played and never looked like scoring. Age shouldnt matter if you are good enough - but we never give our own chance. Mind you, i seem to remember you saying that Mara would easily replace Brojas 6 goals.......

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 15:12 - Jun 11 with 526 viewsPatfromPoole

Are Besiktas also rans or giants?

They appear to be both today.

To my mind, if you have somebody like Onuachu, you have to play to his strengths. We failed to do this under the utterly clueless Selles.

I think we do play to Mara's strengths (if that isn't a contradiction in terms) in that we have not been particularly direct while he has been at the club.

This should suit him, as he certainly isn't suited to a more direct style of play.

However, he simply just isn't good enough to benefit from this.

If a team in Turkey, giants or not, wanted both Onuachu and Mara, I would drive them both to the airport and wish them merrily on their way.
[Post edited 11 Jun 15:14]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 09:43 - Jun 12 with 368 viewsmushinexile

Our player so we set the price. If you don't want to stump up, jog on.
Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 10:04 - Jun 12 with 365 viewsericofarabia

Trabzonspor Demand Southampton Lower Price For Striker on 14:34 - Jun 10 by InTimeAddedOn

I would say this is fairly simple, Trabzonspor should be given two clear options:
Pay up
or
Shut up
We are not a registered charity for Turkish chancers, they can plead poverty all day long but if they can’t afford the player then he goes to someone who can, or at least be more realistic with a proper offer. it’s that simple.

This 100%
If they want him ....stump up or bog off. It's not like they are taking a risk on a player who may or may not fit into their style of play, they had a season to figure that out!
Another loan is not viable to us, a year from now his market value will drop dramatically, 31 yes old and only 1 year left on contract.
Same with Juve, if you want Alcaraz put in a bid of around £15 -20 mill, job done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024