Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Calm Before The Storm The Transfer Scrum Begins On Monday 08:40 - Jun 28 with 361 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62594/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
The Calm Before The Storm The Transfer Scrum Begins On Monday on 09:12 - Jun 28 with 316 viewsSonicBoom

Yes the media will go into overdrive to fill their pages. Hopefully England will stay in the Euros long enough to distract everyone. Transfer windows are pointlessly long. There is so much cat and mouse it might as well be a week at the end of July and that's it.
As for who we get, I know we will get some older players, but for me older and more experienced would be 30 ish not 36/37.
I would also like to see some decent 25 year olds who are first team ready, but I understand that we can't spend huge amounts as we could get relegated then we'd be in financial trouble.
One thing that always irks me is buying the youngsters with potential. We pay anything from 5 to 15 mill for these lads but we agree to a sell on clause. So annoying because when we sell we don't get the full value. I know it's often needed in order to make the deal but it's still annoying. tino, Lavia etc etc.

Anyway for me priorities are a decent goalkeeper. I don't have great faith in Bazunu or McCarthy. Bazunu would benefit from having more time to mature and learn rather than being in the spotlight the whole time and frankly McCarthy is too old and should be a coach.
And a striker. Goals are going to be hard to come by for us so we need a finisher. Adams will be off. Armstrong, I'm not convinced he is PL quality. And Stewart, who knows.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024