Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. 10:00 - Jul 22 with 819 viewsGRIM

I'd have taken Hojbjerg back here.
I think he's a top player with his passion & work rate.
He was a stand out player for Denmark in the Euro's.
Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:02 - Jul 22 with 810 viewsPatfromPoole

Did we have a sell-on clause?

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:45 - Jul 22 with 734 viewskingslandstand1

Where has he gone? And whoever it was, would he have preferred to come back here?
Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:56 - Jul 22 with 721 viewsPatfromPoole

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:45 - Jul 22 by kingslandstand1

Where has he gone? And whoever it was, would he have preferred to come back here?

Marseille I believe.

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:57 - Jul 22 with 720 viewsTripleNiemi

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:02 - Jul 22 by PatfromPoole

Believe it was dependent on the number of clenched fists / chest pumps he achieved and new tats…
[Post edited 22 Jul 10:59]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:59 - Jul 22 with 718 viewsGRIM

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:45 - Jul 22 by kingslandstand1

Apparently he's going to Marseille.
He would have been perfect for us,
He's a leader & just wants the ball all time.
He would have suited RM's possession style.
Never mind, he's not coming back.
Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 11:22 - Jul 22 with 679 viewsPatfromPoole

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:59 - Jul 22 by GRIM

Not too sure about that.

He’s not very good with the ball.

Like an older version of Shea Charles.

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 11:29 - Jul 22 with 676 viewsSaintNick

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:59 - Jul 22 by GRIM

He seemed to fall out of favour at Spurs, in 22/23 he started 35 Premier League games out of 38, all that he was available for, and did the full game in 34 of them.

After Postecoglou arrived, last season although in the squad for every game, he started just 8 League games plus 28 off the bench, in terms of playing time around 1/3 of the total minutes he could have played.

Given he is about to turn 29 his £17 million value is quite low

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 12:09 - Jul 22 with 641 viewsPatfromPoole

He’s a spoiler.

He got man of the match in the England v Denmark game at Frankfurt, which was a game tailor-made for him.

An abysmal pitch, with Denmark out-battling us in midfield.

He definitely has a usefulness in certain situations, more likely to be away games when you need to dig in and be resolute.

However, if you are looking for someone to be creative, he is not your man.

Login to get fewer ads

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 12:10 - Jul 22 with 641 viewsA1079

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 11:22 - Jul 22 by PatfromPoole

Not too sure about that.

He’s not very good with the ball.

Like an older version of Shea Charles.

Shea Charles - now there is a player I almost always forget about until I see his name.
Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 12:26 - Jul 22 with 629 viewsGRIM

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 12:09 - Jul 22 by PatfromPoole

He’s a spoiler.

He got man of the match in the England v Denmark game at Frankfurt, which was a game tailor-made for him.

An abysmal pitch, with Denmark out-battling us in midfield.

He definitely has a usefulness in certain situations, more likely to be away games when you need to dig in and be resolute.

However, if you are looking for someone to be creative, he is not your man.

You're right, he's not the most creative of players but he's a guy you would want on your side in a battle & we're going to have a few of them this season.
In the England v Denmark match of the 22 players on the pitch he was def the most effective so he can't be too bad.
Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 12:30 - Jul 22 with 623 viewsSonicBoom

Our obsession with getting old players back continues I see.
Hojbjerg was ok for us. He's a very limited player. I remember seeing him many times for us when we were pushing up the pitch at speed and everything slowed down when the ball got to him. Very frustrating.
I guess that he might have suited Russ ball with his obsession with keeping possession and not making risky passes. OK I'm not a fan of RM's tactics but I'm hoping that we become a bit more adventurous this season. I honestly don't think we will have anywhere near as much ball as we had last year and we will be pressed much harder. What interests me is if Russ can adapt and find a way to pose a threat.
We need a real goal threat or the PL teams will soon know they can press us high and we are unlikely to hurt them. Right now, I don't believe we have strikers to do that.
anyway I digress from Hojbjerg, I don't think he'd add anything that we don't already have.
Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 12:39 - Jul 22 with 610 viewsA1079

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 12:30 - Jul 22 by SonicBoom

Hojbjerg was ok for us. He's a very limited player. I remember seeing him many times for us when we were pushing up the pitch at speed and everything slowed down when the ball got to him. Very frustrating.
I guess that he might have suited Russ ball with his obsession with keeping possession and not making risky passes. OK I'm not a fan of RM's tactics but I'm hoping that we become a bit more adventurous this season. I honestly don't think we will have anywhere near as much ball as we had last year and we will be pressed much harder. What interests me is if Russ can adapt and find a way to pose a threat.
We need a real goal threat or the PL teams will soon know they can press us high and we are unlikely to hurt them. Right now, I don't believe we have strikers to do that.
anyway I digress from Hojbjerg, I don't think he'd add anything that we don't already have.

Good post SonicBoom.
Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 12:55 - Jul 22 with 590 viewsGRIM

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 12:30 - Jul 22 by SonicBoom

Hojbjerg is History so it doesn't really matter.
But I would disagree with your comment that he's not any better than what we already have.
It's always a matter of opinion but I think he's much better than either Smallbone or Aribo & is an established proven Premier lge player.
Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 15:27 - Jul 22 with 462 viewsLondonSaint76

Hojbjerg leaving Spurs for 17M. on 10:02 - Jul 22 by PatfromPoole

Not sure but the difference between what Spurs paid and what they are selling him for is only +£2m in Spurs favour so if the is a SOC any benefit to us will be minimal

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024