Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job 09:30 - Sep 29 with 1786 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/63051/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 09:45 - Sep 29 with 1718 viewsPatfromPoole

Not sure givemesport are the most reliable source TBF…..

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 09:56 - Sep 29 with 1702 viewsSaintNick

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 09:45 - Sep 29 by PatfromPoole

Not sure givemesport are the most reliable source TBF…..

When it comes to managerial or transfer rumours there are few reliable sources, they are all just rehashing and creating headlines, but that is what football is all about, the only reality is a result at the final whistle

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 09:57 - Sep 29 with 1697 viewsPatfromPoole

I think we might get Potter just to stop Wolves or Palace getting him, as much as for any other reason…

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 10:04 - Sep 29 with 1679 viewsIfonly

There would be lots of support for Potter but I'm not convinced that he's the right choice. He'd probably be an upgrade on RM but really he would be trying to do the same things. Those who don't like us playing out from the back better hope Potter doesn't get the job because that's what he does.

He's very much a possession based coach and that worked for him at Brighton, but I think success at Brighton had a lot to do with the club around him. Brighton were way ahead of the game on analytics (which came form the analytics that Tony Bloom used to make a fortune in gambling). That enabled them to have brilliant recruitment. The standard of players they had was way ahead of their budget. Their analytics was also a key part of looking for weaknesses in the opposition etc. He won't have the same help here.

If he's brought in, he'll essentially be trying to play the same tune as RM. It would just be a gamble that he could play the tune better.
Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 10:09 - Sep 29 with 1657 viewssaintwizzler

Like him or loathe him Martin should get 11 games up to the international break after the trip to the shit tip that is Wolves.

We are going to get fúck all v Arsenal and Man City whoever is in charge so that gives Martin…

Bournemouth A
Leicester H
Everton H
Wolves A

He deserves that surely?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 10:22 - Sep 29 with 1612 viewsSouthamptonfan

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 10:04 - Sep 29 by Ifonly

There would be lots of support for Potter but I'm not convinced that he's the right choice. He'd probably be an upgrade on RM but really he would be trying to do the same things. Those who don't like us playing out from the back better hope Potter doesn't get the job because that's what he does.

He's very much a possession based coach and that worked for him at Brighton, but I think success at Brighton had a lot to do with the club around him. Brighton were way ahead of the game on analytics (which came form the analytics that Tony Bloom used to make a fortune in gambling). That enabled them to have brilliant recruitment. The standard of players they had was way ahead of their budget. Their analytics was also a key part of looking for weaknesses in the opposition etc. He won't have the same help here.

If he's brought in, he'll essentially be trying to play the same tune as RM. It would just be a gamble that he could play the tune better.

Yes, he's the obvious choice should Saints decide to make a change, having played for Saints as a player, PL experience at a similar sized club and having recently stated that he is looking for a club. But as you say, he also plays a possession style of football and I even seem to remember a thread on here about Brighton fans getting restless because they were so boring to watch. They survived every year, but had a few close shaves under his management.

I would support his appointment if it happened, rather than some unknown or some rookie from the lower leagues. However, beat Bournemouth and we will be out of the bottom three. I still hope RM turns it around. This news report is out today, as the vultures are circling with the message that if we lose on Monday, with inevitable defeats at Arsenal and Man City, RM will be gone. Not sure if there anything in this, other than the press jumping on this massive game Monday evening.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 10:25 - Sep 29 with 1606 viewsSouthamptonfan

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 10:09 - Sep 29 by saintwizzler

Like him or loathe him Martin should get 11 games up to the international break after the trip to the shit tip that is Wolves.

We are going to get fúck all v Arsenal and Man City whoever is in charge so that gives Martin…

Bournemouth A
Leicester H
Everton H
Wolves A

He deserves that surely?

Totally agree. But lose to Bournemouth, and the club will be panicking that they need to make a change in time. It all leaves a bad taste in the mouth for me, after what RM achieved last season, but that's the PL for you.

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 11:30 - Sep 29 with 1434 viewsPatfromPoole

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 10:22 - Sep 29 by Southamptonfan

Yes, he's the obvious choice should Saints decide to make a change, having played for Saints as a player, PL experience at a similar sized club and having recently stated that he is looking for a club. But as you say, he also plays a possession style of football and I even seem to remember a thread on here about Brighton fans getting restless because they were so boring to watch. They survived every year, but had a few close shaves under his management.

I would support his appointment if it happened, rather than some unknown or some rookie from the lower leagues. However, beat Bournemouth and we will be out of the bottom three. I still hope RM turns it around. This news report is out today, as the vultures are circling with the message that if we lose on Monday, with inevitable defeats at Arsenal and Man City, RM will be gone. Not sure if there anything in this, other than the press jumping on this massive game Monday evening.

I don’t think him having played for the club makes much difference.

He wasn’t exactly a club stalwart.

I think if Martin was to be let go, there might be a few players unhappy about it, but footballers are generally a pretty resilient lot, or hard-nosed to be more accurate….

Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 12:13 - Sep 29 with 1326 viewsJellybaby

Big article on Potter in the Telegraph yesterday suggests a new PL job for him is imminent.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 15:00 - Sep 29 with 1035 viewsCity_boy

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 11:30 - Sep 29 by PatfromPoole

I don’t think him having played for the club makes much difference.

He wasn’t exactly a club stalwart.

I think if Martin was to be let go, there might be a few players unhappy about it, but footballers are generally a pretty resilient lot, or hard-nosed to be more accurate….

I think that is half the problem, he is too loyal and wants to be liked and be one of the lads.
Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 16:09 - Sep 29 with 877 viewssledger

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 10:25 - Sep 29 by Southamptonfan

Totally agree. But lose to Bournemouth, and the club will be panicking that they need to make a change in time. It all leaves a bad taste in the mouth for me, after what RM achieved last season, but that's the PL for you.

did he achieve more than any competent coach would have done,with the squad he had i think not,he achieved the bare minimum.
Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 17:25 - Sep 29 with 701 viewsSouthamptonfan

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 16:09 - Sep 29 by sledger

did he achieve more than any competent coach would have done,with the squad he had i think not,he achieved the bare minimum.

He achieved more than Farke at Leeds who also should have gone up. We did, they didn't. He achieved more than the Norwich manager who had a good side. He achieved more than Luton currently are, they still have PL players. It's never easy to get promoted at the first attempt. He got the job done.

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 17:36 - Sep 29 with 674 viewsmushinexile

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 17:25 - Sep 29 by Southamptonfan

He achieved more than Farke at Leeds who also should have gone up. We did, they didn't. He achieved more than the Norwich manager who had a good side. He achieved more than Luton currently are, they still have PL players. It's never easy to get promoted at the first attempt. He got the job done.

Fair comment but it was always touch and go. Is Potter's football better than what we have? Marginally. Good enough. We'll have him.
Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 18:15 - Sep 29 with 590 viewskingslandstand1

And guess who's studio/guest pundit for the game on Monday from what's just been said as Sky try to plug this "South Coast Derby" - yes, Graham Potter!!!
Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 18:34 - Sep 29 with 545 viewsButty101

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 17:36 - Sep 29 by mushinexile

Fair comment but it was always touch and go. Is Potter's football better than what we have? Marginally. Good enough. We'll have him.

Would have him in heart beat. He was slowly turning Brighton into a top 8 club. God knows why he thought it was a great idea to go to Chelsea. It was never going to end well.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 20:49 - Sep 29 with 350 viewskingolaf

Graham Potter Lined Up For Southampton Job on 18:34 - Sep 29 by Butty101

Would have him in heart beat. He was slowly turning Brighton into a top 8 club. God knows why he thought it was a great idea to go to Chelsea. It was never going to end well.

The dough. He was on massive money. Chelsea are still paying him £200k per month, which ends in October.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024