Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? 22:32 - Sep 15 with 4010 viewsDylanP

I think the team played great today. Cesar awesome in goal. Back 4 looked solid. Ferdinand massive today. Nelsen great. Faurlin and Granero bossed the midfield all game. Park had a great game and the pieces really seemed to fit together. AJ and Zamora looked like a great partnership.

Only thing i didn't understand was the choice of SWP over Taarabt or Hoillet. SWP played OK, but he still can't cross or shoot and his passing isnt up to much. I know Hughes has history with SWP, but still. Hoillet has looked inventive and dangerous. Adel gives us bite and offers opportunity. SWP just drains the chances out of the game.

Why??

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 01:20 - Sep 17 with 817 viewskensalriser

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 00:01 - Sep 17 by smegma

But he doesn't spend enough game time in the end zone but more in defense.Hes supposed to be an offensive player (not like JT though !)

Are you American?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 01:55 - Sep 17 with 808 viewsBklynRanger

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 01:20 - Sep 17 by kensalriser

Are you American?

I think he's like toatally pretending and sh*t! He is like from I wanna say from somewhere in Eur-OPE?

I frickin' love French cuisine!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

!!!
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 02:36 - Sep 17 with 801 viewsPommyhoop

SWP played well yesterday and yes Mark Hughes got it right.I just watched the whole game again ( sober and hangover free) and made a point of watching the little man very closely.He made only one fcuk up where a good chance broke down and that was where a lovely flick onto himself made the opportunity anyway which he then crashed into the defenders legs. Mackie was just as guilty when he inevitably ran into a brickwall with his head down instead of looking up and finding BZ who was in acres of space bearing down on goal.
Jamie is a crowd favourite tho and gets away with countless fukc ups..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 02:58 - Sep 17 with 795 viewsKiwi76

Agreed.
Think Hughes has given him a definite job to do against 2 of likely top 3-4 - clearly trusts SWP over Adel or Hoilett at present and he played pretty well given the other 3 in midfield were pretty bloody good.
Would like to see us more creative in final third but will wait and see how Hughes sets us up once not playing the very top sides.
Doubt we'll see him dropped next week given strength of Spurs out wide.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 03:29 - Sep 17 with 793 viewsDylanP

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 02:36 - Sep 17 by Pommyhoop

SWP played well yesterday and yes Mark Hughes got it right.I just watched the whole game again ( sober and hangover free) and made a point of watching the little man very closely.He made only one fcuk up where a good chance broke down and that was where a lovely flick onto himself made the opportunity anyway which he then crashed into the defenders legs. Mackie was just as guilty when he inevitably ran into a brickwall with his head down instead of looking up and finding BZ who was in acres of space bearing down on goal.
Jamie is a crowd favourite tho and gets away with countless fukc ups..

Really? What about the time he went down the right and couldnt get past Cole, so he just gave up and lost it to Cole instead. Or then 5 minutes later when he got the ball and sh*t himself coz Cole was there and so he blasted the ball miles high and wide of the near post.

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 06:00 - Sep 17 with 780 viewsPommyhoop

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 03:29 - Sep 17 by DylanP

Really? What about the time he went down the right and couldnt get past Cole, so he just gave up and lost it to Cole instead. Or then 5 minutes later when he got the ball and sh*t himself coz Cole was there and so he blasted the ball miles high and wide of the near post.

I could study even Granero's performance and mention two or 3 fukc ups where he lost possesion as you have SWP.
Its a matter of perception and I bet in your eyes SWP will NEVER be worth a start.
A lot of our fans have made up their minds about the little fella and wont ever give him a break.Hughes see's him every day in training and will pick him when needed.
( You'd struggle to find a bigger fan of Adel than me but horses for courses)
In Hughes I trust..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 06:05 - Sep 17 with 779 viewsVancouverHoop

There aren't many wingers can get past Ashley Cole one-on-one. He's a thoroughly unpleasant human being, but there are few better in his position anywhere. Hoilett might have beaten him for speed once, twice if he was lucky. Taarabt might have done the same with his trickery, but Cole would have had them both all afternoon going the other way. Tracking back with speed, tackling cleanly, and then maintaining possession is a genuine skill and SWP can do it. For sure he's sorely limited going forward these days, but sometimes you have to live with that, frustrating as it is to watch. As others have said, I'll be surprised if he plays against teams without much pace and skill on the flanks, but he did the job this weekend when it was needed.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 06:11 - Sep 17 with 776 viewsqprmick

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 06:05 - Sep 17 by VancouverHoop

There aren't many wingers can get past Ashley Cole one-on-one. He's a thoroughly unpleasant human being, but there are few better in his position anywhere. Hoilett might have beaten him for speed once, twice if he was lucky. Taarabt might have done the same with his trickery, but Cole would have had them both all afternoon going the other way. Tracking back with speed, tackling cleanly, and then maintaining possession is a genuine skill and SWP can do it. For sure he's sorely limited going forward these days, but sometimes you have to live with that, frustrating as it is to watch. As others have said, I'll be surprised if he plays against teams without much pace and skill on the flanks, but he did the job this weekend when it was needed.

It would be nice if he at least got a corner from some of his shots. Very amateurish at times.

Qprmick

Login to get fewer ads

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 10:09 - Sep 17 with 743 viewsStanisgod

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 15:31 - Sep 16 by Suffolk

Perhaps if SWP performed a few step overs before losing the ball everyone would get off his case.

As opposed to just running into the guy or tamely leting him take the ball off his foot

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 10:42 - Sep 17 with 730 viewsSpiritofGregory

We all know why Adel is not in the team. We have this conversation every week. He is not a team player. I'm not SWP biggest fan there are things about his game that annoy me but at least he will always track back.

SWP is being more cunning than Adel, he realises that Hughes vaues a team player with a work ethic and he is giving the manager what he wants.

Hughes is also a fitness fanatic both Hoilett need to lose weight. The likes of Grenero, Faurlin and Park have cemeted their midfield positions, it's up to the others to step up and give the manager what he wants. Adel has been down this road before he had the same issues under Redknapp, if he doesn't change his attitude his QPR career will go the same way. It's all about the team not Adel Taarabt.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 10:50 - Sep 17 with 723 viewssmegma

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 01:55 - Sep 17 by BklynRanger

I think he's like toatally pretending and sh*t! He is like from I wanna say from somewhere in Eur-OPE?

I frickin' love French cuisine!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

!!!

Ya get me bro and all that $h1t.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 11:13 - Sep 17 with 707 viewskensalriser

Godammit, you guyz!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 12:49 - Sep 17 with 691 viewshoops_legend

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 11:13 - Sep 17 by kensalriser

Godammit, you guyz!

SWP played fine but I also believe Taarabt should be starting ahead of him. He does track back nowadays. Forget a season ago, he works really hard.

Him and Hoilett linked up well vs Swansea first half and should have earned a penalty

Otherwise second half was a write off. Hughes doesnt seem to agree though

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 06:20 - Sep 18 with 657 viewsDylanP

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 06:00 - Sep 17 by Pommyhoop

I could study even Granero's performance and mention two or 3 fukc ups where he lost possesion as you have SWP.
Its a matter of perception and I bet in your eyes SWP will NEVER be worth a start.
A lot of our fans have made up their minds about the little fella and wont ever give him a break.Hughes see's him every day in training and will pick him when needed.
( You'd struggle to find a bigger fan of Adel than me but horses for courses)
In Hughes I trust..

SWP has been with the team for a whole season. He is not newcomer. We have seen what he can and cannot do. I want him to be fantastic, but there is really no evidence of it. I hope to high heave that he totally proves me wrong. But he hasn't yet. So far, the best we can say, is that he is kinda OK at his defensive duties. The thing is, he isn't a defender. He is an attacking wide player who cant pass, cross, or shoot. We all want him to be great. But so far he has been fairly useless and, sadly, that is a fact.

I am not a person who hopes that a QPR fails. Ever. Its just that after a whole season of watching him play, I just haven't seen anything yet to justify playing him in front of Hoillet or Adel.

But, truth is, it is Hughes choice and he knows more about football than me, so in MH we trust. Right?!?

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 06:38 - Sep 18 with 654 viewsqprmick

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 06:20 - Sep 18 by DylanP

SWP has been with the team for a whole season. He is not newcomer. We have seen what he can and cannot do. I want him to be fantastic, but there is really no evidence of it. I hope to high heave that he totally proves me wrong. But he hasn't yet. So far, the best we can say, is that he is kinda OK at his defensive duties. The thing is, he isn't a defender. He is an attacking wide player who cant pass, cross, or shoot. We all want him to be great. But so far he has been fairly useless and, sadly, that is a fact.

I am not a person who hopes that a QPR fails. Ever. Its just that after a whole season of watching him play, I just haven't seen anything yet to justify playing him in front of Hoillet or Adel.

But, truth is, it is Hughes choice and he knows more about football than me, so in MH we trust. Right?!?

Well Hughes has seen more of Adel and Hoilet. We haven't so Hughes may well know what he is doing.

Qprmick

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 09:01 - Sep 18 with 631 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm pretty sure if Hughes hand hadn't been forced by having to make two early substitutions for injuries Junior or Adel would probably have seen some action in the second half.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 10:21 - Sep 18 with 616 viewshoof_hearted

SWP gives a release playing out of defence when he can run half the length of the pitch (before losing it). If Hoilett can start doing that (without losing it!) then he'll get the role but he tended to hang around waiting for the ball to get to him then looking better than SWP when he got it.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 16:08 - Sep 18 with 597 viewsDylanP

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 06:38 - Sep 18 by qprmick

Well Hughes has seen more of Adel and Hoilet. We haven't so Hughes may well know what he is doing.

Agreed. In the end we just have to trust MH. As you say, he's seen them all more than us.

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 16:14 - Sep 18 with 587 viewsfakekerby

Adel cost us a goal vs Swansea with some genuinely lazy and disgraceful back tracking.

As much as I prefer him to SWP, I do think SWP serves a purpose at the minute that Adel isn't suited for.

Would be annoyed to see SWP over Adel against a bottom half team though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024