Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past 20:40 - Mar 9 with 15790 viewsHappy_Jack

Zoots
The Haymarket
Mado's

Must be loads more obscure ones you lot can come up with

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 20:43 - Mar 9 with 12258 viewsBison

Raffles with the Macarthy brothers on the door.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 21:02 - Mar 9 with 12231 viewsBicester_North

Short lived but Jolly’s down the bottom of St Mary’s street was a “lively” night out- Full of the most shady characters from Southampton of the time

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 21:08 - Mar 9 with 12222 viewskingslandstand1

Centre Inn/Barbarellas?
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 21:09 - Mar 9 with 12216 viewsBicester_North

Los Marinos followed by Schooners Ocean Village was always a classic combination, as was the Dog and Duck or the Spa, followed by Thursdays or the Old Oriental
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 21:11]

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 21:28 - Mar 9 with 12189 viewsthis_charming_man

Centro
Lizard lounge
Fez bar
JFKs
Burbanks
Thursdays
Simons wine bar
Mcluskys

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 21:39 - Mar 9 with 12174 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 21:09 - Mar 9 by Bicester_North

Los Marinos followed by Schooners Ocean Village was always a classic combination, as was the Dog and Duck or the Spa, followed by Thursdays or the Old Oriental
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 21:11]

Didn't Los Marinos have rather "attractive" (horny) clientele
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 21:51 - Mar 9 with 12163 viewsBicester_North

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 21:39 - Mar 9 by kingslandstand1

Didn't Los Marinos have rather "attractive" (horny) clientele

The barmaids were massively talented.

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 22:48 - Mar 9 with 12113 views1teeminants

Top Rank was the daddy, great memories .
Barberellas - great club
Fridays
Simons wine bar
The spa Tavern
The Lord Louis
The Painted Wagon
THe Pier

Matt Le Tissiers club- Celebration Plaza .I was a member, good times.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 22:53]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 23:01 - Mar 9 with 12094 viewsfranniesTache

Thursday was always great on a wednesday when Hammy was there.
Nexus had some decent nights too.

Think all the rest have been mentioned already, but how about a nod to the Shabeens in bevois valley/st mary's, not technically "clubs" but had some interesting nights out in them in the 90's, tinnies out of a bath full of ice and the kind of place if you pissed someone off you disappeared into the two tides
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 23:11 - Mar 9 with 12082 viewsthis_charming_man

Kaos club
Aggie grays

Is the rhino still open? Had some great nights in there.

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 23:17 - Mar 9 with 12076 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 23:11 - Mar 9 by this_charming_man

Kaos club
Aggie grays

Is the rhino still open? Had some great nights in there.

Brown Kaos, god that place was f*cking awful but great to go on the pull.

Rhino's burnt down didn't it?
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 23:18 - Mar 9 with 12076 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Jollys is a good shout.

I also loved The Wall at the back of Hanover Buildings.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 06:09 - Mar 10 with 12000 viewsOccasional_Showers

City of Sound not yet mentioned. Jollys as mentioned but it wasnt open for long. Both full of pill heads.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 07:54 - Mar 10 with 11973 viewskernow

The Fighting Cocks and Royal Oak in Millbrook
Red Lion in Totton.
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 09:31 - Mar 10 with 11937 viewsYarman

Anyone remember The Birdcage near the Bargate ….. think it closed about 1976/77 propper hole in the wall club, also liked the lounge bar at The Shield and Dagger same era.
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 09:41 - Mar 10 with 11923 viewskernow

Is the Juniper Berry still open?
That used to be the gay pub.....apparently.
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 09:59 - Mar 10 with 11906 viewsBicester_North

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 06:09 - Mar 10 by Occasional_Showers

City of Sound not yet mentioned. Jollys as mentioned but it wasnt open for long. Both full of pill heads.

I think the Wall became City of Sound

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 10:11 - Mar 10 with 11896 viewsBaltimore

Floaters....and was there a club called Charlies behind HMV?
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 10:23 - Mar 10 with 11883 viewsdarthvader

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 10:11 - Mar 10 by Baltimore

Floaters....and was there a club called Charlies behind HMV?

Floaters . I used to get wänkered in The Cliff opposite and sometimes id make it to floaters ...sometimes not .

How times have changed , used to be good mates with the land lord and land lady And bar staff in the cliff at the time , so much so they arranged a surprise party for me .... For my 17th birthday !

keep the faith coyr

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 10:31 - Mar 10 with 11875 viewsSonicBoom

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 23:01 - Mar 9 by franniesTache

Thursday was always great on a wednesday when Hammy was there.
Nexus had some decent nights too.

Think all the rest have been mentioned already, but how about a nod to the Shabeens in bevois valley/st mary's, not technically "clubs" but had some interesting nights out in them in the 90's, tinnies out of a bath full of ice and the kind of place if you pissed someone off you disappeared into the two tides

I have vague memories of a shabeen called Blues.
Odd place. Someone's front room with a pile of cans in the corner. Absolute dump but at that age it seemed really exciting to be somewhere in the small hours. drinking illegal booze.
Plus the clientele were always err interesting.
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 10:56 - Mar 10 with 11866 viewsBicester_North

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 10:31 - Mar 10 by SonicBoom

I have vague memories of a shabeen called Blues.
Odd place. Someone's front room with a pile of cans in the corner. Absolute dump but at that age it seemed really exciting to be somewhere in the small hours. drinking illegal booze.
Plus the clientele were always err interesting.

The beer available was nearly always cans of Red Stripe.

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:00 - Mar 10 with 11859 viewsthis_charming_man

The Pier.

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:01 - Mar 10 with 11858 viewsSonicBoom

Oh yeah I'd totally forgotten that.
There was another place down St Mary's called the West Indian Club that used to play a lot of good music.

I also remember a shop called Squires which was one of the first to sell Pods, and there was McQueens run by a famously effeminate bloke.
And of course bondage in general next to the Gaumont. Sold some mad clothes back in the day most of which fell apart by the time you got home.
Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:16 - Mar 10 with 11851 viewsthis_charming_man

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:01 - Mar 10 by SonicBoom

Oh yeah I'd totally forgotten that.
There was another place down St Mary's called the West Indian Club that used to play a lot of good music.

I also remember a shop called Squires which was one of the first to sell Pods, and there was McQueens run by a famously effeminate bloke.
And of course bondage in general next to the Gaumont. Sold some mad clothes back in the day most of which fell apart by the time you got home.

that was Robin, he went onto run Object, there was a rumour going round that he'd give you 10% off if you let him pinch your bum.

He was a good bloke Robin, sold me my first ever item of proper design clothes when I was about 14.

Southampton clubs & pubs from the past on 11:34 - Mar 10 with 11832 viewsMarcus_y

The Pier
Old Oriental
Aggie Grays
Rhino
McCluskeys
Barbarellas
Raffles
and a few more for me from around 1985 through to about 1996 when it all got a bit boring.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024