Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Compensation for football clubs 06:46 - Mar 14 with 790 viewsOccasional_Showers

I hope the government don’t compensate football clubs for any of their financial losses. For years these greedy bastards have been ripping us off and raking it in. To compensate someone like Gao out of our taxes would be a disgrace.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Compensation for football clubs on 07:43 - Mar 14 with 756 viewsHeisenberg

Not for smaller clubs. Many might not get through a period with no income coming in. Loads of clubs in the Championship and below are in massive debt. The Govt won’t bail them out so expect to see more Bolton and Burys in the next year or so.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Compensation for football clubs on 07:51 - Mar 14 with 746 viewsOccasional_Showers

Compensation for football clubs on 07:43 - Mar 14 by Heisenberg

Not for smaller clubs. Many might not get through a period with no income coming in. Loads of clubs in the Championship and below are in massive debt. The Govt won’t bail them out so expect to see more Bolton and Burys in the next year or so.

Football has been rotten for years. There are going to be a lot of impacts from this brief period of recession. Football is the least important of them and certainly the least deserving.

Compensation for football clubs on 08:35 - Mar 14 with 715 viewsBuenosSaint

Compensation for football clubs on 07:51 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

Football has been rotten for years. There are going to be a lot of impacts from this brief period of recession. Football is the least important of them and certainly the least deserving.

Absolutely. I was chatting to my son about this this morning. If any championship club has bankrupted or gambled themselves in the hope of reaching the "promised" land of the PL. Then tough, I'm afraid if they fold. They won't be the only business folding so definitively should not be bailed out in this difficult period. It's simply up to the greedy shareholders of the PL to support the pyramid they are the pinnacle of.

Poll: The Long Future

Compensation for football clubs on 08:59 - Mar 14 with 691 viewsDorsetIan

I would hope that football clubs are supported like every other business. Take a team like Wimbledon AFC. Done a brilliant job to resurrect when MK Dons emigrated, made their way back to League 1. Struggled to stay there on a very limited Budge. Hoping to move to a new ground back in Wimbledon (next season, I thought). All done sensibly, on a shoestring.

Grass roots, community focused, football. A huge credit to the people involved but also to the way we can in this country stick two fingers up to those (M K Dons) who want to follow the money and ignore the fans.

Lots of clubs like this, hugely important culturally, and on very precarious tight margins.

This virus will give them cashflow problems. Interest rates are non-existent. The govt can easily make loans to them to tide them over. Let’s not get too Thatcherite about all this.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Compensation for football clubs on 09:00 - Mar 14 with 689 viewsSoton

It would be nice to think that with all the money sloshing around the premiership that they would help the lower leagues out in this time of trouble.........not a hope in hell of that happening
Compensation for football clubs on 09:25 - Mar 14 with 654 viewsOccasional_Showers

Compensation for football clubs on 08:59 - Mar 14 by DorsetIan

I would hope that football clubs are supported like every other business. Take a team like Wimbledon AFC. Done a brilliant job to resurrect when MK Dons emigrated, made their way back to League 1. Struggled to stay there on a very limited Budge. Hoping to move to a new ground back in Wimbledon (next season, I thought). All done sensibly, on a shoestring.

Grass roots, community focused, football. A huge credit to the people involved but also to the way we can in this country stick two fingers up to those (M K Dons) who want to follow the money and ignore the fans.

Lots of clubs like this, hugely important culturally, and on very precarious tight margins.

This virus will give them cashflow problems. Interest rates are non-existent. The govt can easily make loans to them to tide them over. Let’s not get too Thatcherite about all this.

Agreed they need help, but these are exceptional times and I don’t think it’s too much too instruct a multi billion pound industry to foot the bill. Premier league clubs should foot the bill not tax payers.

Compensation for football clubs on 09:28 - Mar 14 with 646 viewsBicester_North

Premier League players and agents should be forced to donate at least half their wage to the football pyramid during this period. If they refuse they should be banned from playing football ever again and have to walk around the roads of the UK with signs saying they are thieves.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Compensation for football clubs (n/t) on 10:30 - Mar 14 with 596 viewsDellHero

Compensation for football clubs on 09:28 - Mar 14 by Bicester_North

Premier League players and agents should be forced to donate at least half their wage to the football pyramid during this period. If they refuse they should be banned from playing football ever again and have to walk around the roads of the UK with signs saying they are thieves.

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024