Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Lampard 08:28 - Jan 29 with 893 viewsSaintNick

Has he a future as a manager at the top level or is he just another who has no real managerial experience but gets a few jobs on the back of his playing career.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Frank Lampard on 08:38 - Jan 29 with 866 viewsPatfromPoole

Did pretty well at both Derby and Chelsea.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Frank Lampard on 08:41 - Jan 29 with 862 viewssaint68

Id imagine Derby supporters would have him back in a heartbeat..not a glowing endorsement but he done well there...I think he'll do well at Everton..well at least slightly better than Benitez.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Frank Lampard on 08:51 - Jan 29 with 844 viewsA1079

I would rather Everton's sacking of Benitez and the subsequent replacement had happened after we had played Everton in a couple or so weeks time.

I think Lampard did fairly well at Derby and Chelsea and on the latter did he not have to manage with a One Year transfer embargo and they did not do too bad? Tends play an entertaining style of football. Whether he goes onto being a great manager remains to be seen.
Frank Lampard on 08:54 - Jan 29 with 840 viewsSaintNick

Frank Lampard on 08:38 - Jan 29 by PatfromPoole

Did pretty well at both Derby and Chelsea.

The season before he arrived at Derby they finished 6th on 75 points and reached the play offs, in his season they finished 6th on 74 points and reached the play offs, so it wasn't as if he took a struggling club and turned them into promotion contenders, the foundations were there.

At Chelsea it was a little different , in that there was a transfer ban in place, 4th place was about where you would have expected them to finish.

So I would say that he did ok but didn't really get either team moving forward, although you could say that he laid some foundations for Tuchel

Frank Lampard on 08:55 - Jan 29 with 838 viewsButty101

I’m worried he might have better connections with our feeder club Chelsea

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Frank Lampard on 09:09 - Jan 29 with 820 viewssaint68

Frank Lampard on 08:55 - Jan 29 by Butty101

I’m worried he might have better connections with our feeder club Chelsea

A valid concern indeed mate, he's obviously well liked by Abramovich and I don't think his dismissal tarnished that relationship.

Frank Lampard on 09:13 - Jan 29 with 816 viewsSaintNick

Frank Lampard on 09:09 - Jan 29 by saint68

A valid concern indeed mate, he's obviously well liked by Abramovich and I don't think his dismissal tarnished that relationship.

I agree with you, but truth is Everton's owner and their fans have higher aspirations than Chelsea academy players, Broja is getting a lot of headlines, with talk of £40 million bids, but he is still a player that has not yet played 20 Premier league games and has scored only 5 goals.

If he went to Everton would he get in ahead of Richarlison or Calvert Lewin, both of whom are tried and tested and have better strike rates this season even with injuries

Frank Lampard on 09:18 - Jan 29 with 805 viewssaint68

Frank Lampard on 09:13 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

I agree with you, but truth is Everton's owner and their fans have higher aspirations than Chelsea academy players, Broja is getting a lot of headlines, with talk of £40 million bids, but he is still a player that has not yet played 20 Premier league games and has scored only 5 goals.

If he went to Everton would he get in ahead of Richarlison or Calvert Lewin, both of whom are tried and tested and have better strike rates this season even with injuries

I'm inclined to think that other clubs around us in the table will look to weaken us by luring away are better players that aren't pinned down..we saw Newcastle paying ridiculous money for Wood and that smacked of undermining Burnley rather than bolstering their first eleven.

Login to get fewer ads

Frank Lampard on 09:40 - Jan 29 with 776 viewsSadoldgit

Not sure why a club would buy a player they don’t particularly need just to weaken another team with transfers fees, wages and agents fees being what they are. There is nothing stopping the other club using the money to bring in a better player or players.
Frank Lampard on 12:16 - Jan 29 with 691 viewssolent_toffee

Frank Lampard on 09:13 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

Interestingly one of the many reasons that Marcel Brands and Benitez fell out was that Livramento was signed sealed and at Finch Farm until Benitez wouldn’t agree to the signing and a few days later he went to Saints.

I’m pleased that it’s Lampard, he’s the type of manager Everton need, young ,British, hungry, ambitious with modern views. The last time we had a manager like that was David Moyes and what Everton would now give for David Moyes the 2003 edition.

A fairly unspectular appointment who will great backing from the supporters and should have decent clean slate in the summer with a lot of players contracts up, including some big big wages off the books.
Frank Lampard on 12:24 - Jan 29 with 682 viewsChesham_Saint

Frank Lampard on 12:16 - Jan 29 by solent_toffee

Interestingly one of the many reasons that Marcel Brands and Benitez fell out was that Livramento was signed sealed and at Finch Farm until Benitez wouldn’t agree to the signing and a few days later he went to Saints.

I’m pleased that it’s Lampard, he’s the type of manager Everton need, young ,British, hungry, ambitious with modern views. The last time we had a manager like that was David Moyes and what Everton would now give for David Moyes the 2003 edition.

A fairly unspectular appointment who will great backing from the supporters and should have decent clean slate in the summer with a lot of players contracts up, including some big big wages off the books.

Are you at all worried about relegation Toffs? And why not Big Dunc in charge?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Frank Lampard on 12:44 - Jan 29 with 656 viewsSadoldgit

Frank Lampard on 12:16 - Jan 29 by solent_toffee

I’ve read that the Everton scouting team recommended him and another who ended going off to Inter Milan. The article didn’t say anything about it being virtually signed and sealed though with Tino? It said that Benitez wanted someone with EPL experience.
Frank Lampard on 12:51 - Jan 29 with 647 viewskingslandstand1

Frank Lampard on 12:24 - Jan 29 by Chesham_Saint

I'd go as far as to say Lampard would be the better choice having actually managed in the Prem and did pretty well bearing in mind who he managed, and did a decent job at Derby.

Big Dunc, while knowing the club inside out and a legend with the fans has really only had caretaker roles etc and (as far as I know) never had that proper full time pressure cooker role of being a number one

Oh, I don't think they'll go down
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 12:52]
Frank Lampard on 13:11 - Jan 29 with 615 viewskingslandstand1

Frank Lampard on 09:40 - Jan 29 by Sadoldgit

Not sure why a club would buy a player they don’t particularly need just to weaken another team with transfers fees, wages and agents fees being what they are. There is nothing stopping the other club using the money to bring in a better player or players.

But would that other club get a proven Prem player who can bang goals in for a team in their position for the money they got, and I'm sure I read that Burnley are in the mire financially with the new owners they got not exactly living up to expectations
Frank Lampard on 13:43 - Jan 29 with 596 viewssolent_toffee

Frank Lampard on 12:24 - Jan 29 by Chesham_Saint

I am worried about going down definitely - although the strongest eleven has rarely played together Barca couple of games at the start of the season and I think that starting eleven is comfortably a top ten side. The issue this season has been when those players haven’t played the gulf between them and the back up is vast and barely championship level but on top whack wages. Benitez game management was also awful and a lot of the games they’ve lost have been by the odd goal with Everton barely laying a glove on the opposition. I think that will change under Benitez. Having Mina back too who is easily the best centre back at the club but fell out with clown cecks - is a huge positive.

Hopefully there will be a few players coming in and some of the youngsters who haven’t been given a chance will get the nod from Lampard and there will be fresh more positive second half of the season.

As rubbish as they’ve been if they win their games in hand they will go above the likes of Saints and will starting looking up rather than down.

Big if like.

As for Dunc as much as we all love him, getting some lazy arse players up for it every game can’t disguise his lack of experience or knowledge and sentiment will only get you so far.
Frank Lampard on 15:48 - Jan 29 with 532 viewsSadoldgit

Frank Lampard on 13:11 - Jan 29 by kingslandstand1

But would that other club get a proven Prem player who can bang goals in for a team in their position for the money they got, and I'm sure I read that Burnley are in the mire financially with the new owners they got not exactly living up to expectations

Who knows but there is nothing stopping them picking up a Broja a loan. My point is though why spend money on buying someone you wouldn’t normally buy just to weaken another team? There is no guarantee that will happen and you are left with a player you don’t fancy. Surely better to buy good players and improve your own squad?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024