Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day 11:45 - Aug 2 with 718 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58111/why-do-southampton

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day on 11:55 - Aug 2 with 711 viewsBerber

Well, that didn’t cheer me up one bit. Allied with a mediocre pre season, and the (current) failure to properly address the huge CB and striker deficits is leading me to think about pre match drinkies, and a delayed drive back home from St Mary’s this season to round out match days.
Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day on 12:50 - Aug 2 with 629 viewsChesham_Saint

Historic lack of investment, lack of self belief, history of under achieving, poor management of expectations….etc etc

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day on 12:51 - Aug 2 with 629 views1ASIN12

I wonder how may times we have played away on the 1st game -It feels like we always seem to be away more often then not, especially since we came back up.

From memory we have played Man City , West Brom, Liverpool, Burnley, Palace, Everton and now spurs in the 11 season since returning.
Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day on 13:00 - Aug 2 with 609 viewsSaintNick

Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day on 12:51 - Aug 2 by 1ASIN12

I wonder how may times we have played away on the 1st game -It feels like we always seem to be away more often then not, especially since we came back up.

From memory we have played Man City , West Brom, Liverpool, Burnley, Palace, Everton and now spurs in the 11 season since returning.

Since returning to the Premier League we have played 7 away and 3 at home, the one you missed was Newcastle in 2015.

At home we have played Watford, Swansea & Burnley

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day on 13:02 - Aug 2 with 607 viewsSaintNick

Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day on 12:50 - Aug 2 by Chesham_Saint

Historic lack of investment, lack of self belief, history of under achieving, poor management of expectations….etc etc

In fairness it has nothing to do with these things, we didn't win any of out two games when Koeman was manager nor the following season under Puel when we finished 8th, over the years the pattern has been the same whether we have had a good season or bad season to follow

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day on 14:43 - Aug 2 with 524 viewsSadoldgit

By the law of averages one club has to be at the bottom of the pile for poor starts. At least we have been consistent at something.
Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day on 15:10 - Aug 2 with 513 viewsChesham_Saint

Why Do Southampton Always Do Badly On The Opening Day on 13:02 - Aug 2 by SaintNick

In fairness it has nothing to do with these things, we didn't win any of out two games when Koeman was manager nor the following season under Puel when we finished 8th, over the years the pattern has been the same whether we have had a good season or bad season to follow

Sorry Nick, I think you’re wrong. Aside from the odd season we’ve always lacked self belief.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024