Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham & Broja 10:35 - Jul 24 with 807 viewsSaintNick

West Ham have agreed a £30.5m deal with Sassuolo for Gianluca Scamacca, this would seemingly end their interest in Armando Broja.

It seems that Chelsea & several members of this board rate Broja far higher than Premier League clubs, at the start of the summer he was linked in the media with several big clubs, but it seems that this was just paper talk, now it would seem his options are now limited slightly, I would say that it would now be a move to us and Everton and the Toffee's havent got the cash for a permanent move.

In truth I think he would be suited to Everton, they play a more direct style that suits him in some respects,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

West Ham & Broja on 10:43 - Jul 24 with 783 viewsPatfromPoole

But I thought in a previous critique you asserted that he couldn’t head the ball……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

West Ham & Broja on 10:56 - Jul 24 with 764 viewssaintwizzler

Broja is better than what we’ve currently got.
Adam Armstrong may come out all guns blazing next season, but Adams is Adams.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

West Ham & Broja on 11:07 - Jul 24 with 745 viewsSaintNick

West Ham & Broja on 10:56 - Jul 24 by saintwizzler

Broja is better than what we’ve currently got.
Adam Armstrong may come out all guns blazing next season, but Adams is Adams.

I would have Broja back, my argument has always been that he isn't the World class player some claim him to be, as has been shown by the fact that he still hasn't got a club sorted for next season

Broja still wouldn't need to head the ball at Everton they try to bang it over the top of the opposition defence, he can run on to that

West Ham & Broja on 11:20 - Jul 24 with 729 viewsPatfromPoole

West Ham & Broja on 11:07 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

I would have Broja back, my argument has always been that he isn't the World class player some claim him to be, as has been shown by the fact that he still hasn't got a club sorted for next season

Broja still wouldn't need to head the ball at Everton they try to bang it over the top of the opposition defence, he can run on to that

Nick, he’s 20 years old.

He isn’t yet world class. He is however hugely better than any of our other strikers.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

West Ham & Broja on 11:35 - Jul 24 with 718 viewsSaintNick

West Ham & Broja on 11:20 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

Nick, he’s 20 years old.

He isn’t yet world class. He is however hugely better than any of our other strikers.

When you use the word hugely better, it is not that accurate, he wasn't hugely better than Che Adams who scored more and had more assists for instance.

I actually think Broja will have a career in the Premier League, but I don't think it will be with one of the Big clubs, if they thought he had something then he would have gone now to one of them at what would be a bargain price of £30 million. Chelsea aren't that keen on him staying either.

I find myself pointing out his deficiencies purely to try and balance out the viewpoint.

Yes he is still only 20 but there are some things that can't be coached, he hasn't got a left foot, he hasn't got the natural timing a striker needs to lose his marker and head the ball into the net.

He is big strong and bustling, but he hasn't got enough variety in his game, Premier League striker yes, World class no.

If we sign him I would be happy, but perhaps we will already have a better striker joining the club in Sekou Mara, he seems to be able to score with his head, so lets wait and see.

West Ham & Broja on 12:54 - Jul 24 with 640 viewskingslandstand1

West Ham & Broja on 10:43 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

But I thought in a previous critique you asserted that he couldn’t head the ball……

Doesn't matter what part of the body it comes off it seems ........................
West Ham & Broja on 13:00 - Jul 24 with 609 viewskingslandstand1

West Ham & Broja on 11:35 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

When you use the word hugely better, it is not that accurate, he wasn't hugely better than Che Adams who scored more and had more assists for instance.

I actually think Broja will have a career in the Premier League, but I don't think it will be with one of the Big clubs, if they thought he had something then he would have gone now to one of them at what would be a bargain price of £30 million. Chelsea aren't that keen on him staying either.

I find myself pointing out his deficiencies purely to try and balance out the viewpoint.

Yes he is still only 20 but there are some things that can't be coached, he hasn't got a left foot, he hasn't got the natural timing a striker needs to lose his marker and head the ball into the net.

He is big strong and bustling, but he hasn't got enough variety in his game, Premier League striker yes, World class no.

If we sign him I would be happy, but perhaps we will already have a better striker joining the club in Sekou Mara, he seems to be able to score with his head, so lets wait and see.

One point that hasn't, I don't think, been pointed out is that he still needs coaching maybe as to when to release the ball. How many times last season did he create frustration in the crowd when he should have passed the ball rather than carry on and looking for the glory goal

Nothing wrong with that "I'm going to score no matter what" attitude, but he missed more than he scored with that attitude
West Ham & Broja on 17:45 - Jul 24 with 503 views1teeminants

West Ham & Broja on 11:35 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

I can’t remember anyone saying Broja was ‘world class’ if you can find a quote saying Broja is world class fair enough I’d like to see it. There’s still time for a premier league club to sign him , we’re constantly being told to wait until the end of the window before making judgments which I agree with and I also remember Tuchel saying he wanted to look at Broja in pre season before making any decisions .
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 17:48]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

West Ham & Broja on 21:09 - Jul 24 with 403 viewsSaintNick

West Ham & Broja on 17:45 - Jul 24 by 1teeminants

I can’t remember anyone saying Broja was ‘world class’ if you can find a quote saying Broja is world class fair enough I’d like to see it. There’s still time for a premier league club to sign him , we’re constantly being told to wait until the end of the window before making judgments which I agree with and I also remember Tuchel saying he wanted to look at Broja in pre season before making any decisions .
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 17:48]

Tuchel seems to have made his mind up before seeing him in pre season, hence he returned home from the USA after talks between player, owner & manager.

West Ham seem to have captured Gianluca Scamacca for £30 million, a player we were linked with in May 2020 and eventually went to Genoa on loan in 2020/21. He prospered there.

Last season he scored 16 goals for Sassoulo and now looks to be at West Ham next season after also winning caps for Italy.

Chelsea seem to overprice Broja and West Ham have gone elsewhere.

You are right plenty of time for a Premier League club to sign him, but few would want to know at £30 million, football club look at stats and his dont make good reading here last season.

I would be happy to see him return here on loan or even at a decent price which is probably around £17-20 million

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024