Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haggling over sales will cost us 07:46 - Jul 7 with 1185 viewsPatfromPoole

It may seem wholly correct to ensure we don’t undersell our top players.

However it may well be a false economy.

By doing what we are doing, it means Rusty’s hands are tied, and he can’t get the players in that he wants.

We will inevitably cave in at the end of August and sell the jewels, just as the transfer window gets into full steam. However the players Rusty wants may well not be available.

A large part of me thinks we should be smart like Leicester and sell our top players now, so that we can get replacements in early.

Much as with the economy, a fatal thing for football clubs is uncertainty.

Rusty will be having his excuse book full, ready for the start of September. Can guarantee that.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Haggling over sales will cost us on 08:40 - Jul 7 with 1100 viewsSaintNick

You make some valid points, however if we can make a couple of good early sales, Lavia perhaps being the main one, that should provide us with enough funds to buy the 5-6 players that we will be interested in buying.

Our target market will be players in the £10-15 million bracket, as most transfers arent paid in full but with a down payment followed by a couple of further payments over the next year, we should not have a problem as long as we get a big early transfer out of the way

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Haggling over sales will cost us on 10:07 - Jul 7 with 1068 viewsPatfromPoole

Haggling over sales will cost us on 08:40 - Jul 7 by SaintNick

You make some valid points, however if we can make a couple of good early sales, Lavia perhaps being the main one, that should provide us with enough funds to buy the 5-6 players that we will be interested in buying.

Our target market will be players in the £10-15 million bracket, as most transfers arent paid in full but with a down payment followed by a couple of further payments over the next year, we should not have a problem as long as we get a big early transfer out of the way

It’s not just the cash from sales; it’s the squad places and wage bill it frees up.

Haggling over sales will cost us on 10:12 - Jul 7 with 1064 viewsSonicBoom

The club can never win.
They make early sales and they get slated for flogging off players too quickly. People will say that had we waited til other clubs were more desperate we would have got way more money.
If they take their time and demand higher sale prices then they are accused of sitting on their hands whilst others are doing business.

Lavia will go, it's just a case of when, but in the Championship every pound counts and if there's a bidding war for him the difference in what we receive could be substantial.
Some of our fans are great at expecting the club to drop 10 million off a price when it's not their money.
Haggling over sales will cost us on 10:59 - Jul 7 with 1032 viewsRon11

Haggling over sales will cost us on 10:12 - Jul 7 by SonicBoom

The club can never win.
They make early sales and they get slated for flogging off players too quickly. People will say that had we waited til other clubs were more desperate we would have got way more money.
If they take their time and demand higher sale prices then they are accused of sitting on their hands whilst others are doing business.

Lavia will go, it's just a case of when, but in the Championship every pound counts and if there's a bidding war for him the difference in what we receive could be substantial.
Some of our fans are great at expecting the club to drop 10 million off a price when it's not their money.

'Not their money'.
No it's not, but the fans' money has been flowing in with season ticket sales, merchandise and will continue with online ticket sales when the season starts.
If we can't expect the club to drop 10 million off a price (when they have history of wasting near that on Nathan Jones) can we at least be allowed to ask for some proper football this season?
(Only if they don't mind)
Haggling over sales will cost us on 11:04 - Jul 7 with 1022 viewssaintmark1976

Haggling over sales will cost us on 08:40 - Jul 7 by SaintNick

With alleged current debts of £200 million and also needing to find £110 million by the end of 2024 to pay off a loan needed to purchase S F C, I very much doubt that following the sale of any of our so called “ star” players a great amount is going to be spent on their replacements.
Haggling over sales will cost us on 15:53 - Jul 7 with 896 views1ASIN12

Haggling over sales will cost us on 11:04 - Jul 7 by saintmark1976

With alleged current debts of £200 million and also needing to find £110 million by the end of 2024 to pay off a loan needed to purchase S F C, I very much doubt that following the sale of any of our so called “ star” players a great amount is going to be spent on their replacements.

Not quite sure where you’ve come up with debts of £200 million unless you’ve been in some Portsmouth message boards?

However we will not be spending the millions some Saints fans think .

We will need to balance the books and we do have £80 million loan ( if memory serves me right ) and have just spent £130 million on players these need to be paid for ( maybe that’s where you got your £200 million from but added another £110 million ?) . All this whilst loosing about 60% of our income .
Haggling over sales will cost us on 16:37 - Jul 7 with 865 viewssaintmark1976

Haggling over sales will cost us on 15:53 - Jul 7 by 1ASIN12

Not quite sure where you’ve come up with debts of £200 million unless you’ve been in some Portsmouth message boards?

However we will not be spending the millions some Saints fans think .

We will need to balance the books and we do have £80 million loan ( if memory serves me right ) and have just spent £130 million on players these need to be paid for ( maybe that’s where you got your £200 million from but added another £110 million ?) . All this whilst loosing about 60% of our income .

Firstly, I’ve never ever visited a Pompey message board nor do I imagine that I ever will do at any time in the future.

You are quite correct in that I took the Club’s declared debt from their last accounts and added an estimated amount spent on players since the accounts were published. After that I merely pointed out that the Club was, we are given to understand, partially purchased by a £110 million loan that must be paid back next year.

What we undoubtedly can agree on is that barring additional outside funding the suggestion that we will be purchasing many even moderately expensive players in the say £10 to £15 million bracket appears strictly for the birds.
Haggling over sales will cost us on 16:55 - Jul 7 with 850 viewsPatfromPoole

Haggling over sales will cost us on 16:37 - Jul 7 by saintmark1976

Firstly, I’ve never ever visited a Pompey message board nor do I imagine that I ever will do at any time in the future.

You are quite correct in that I took the Club’s declared debt from their last accounts and added an estimated amount spent on players since the accounts were published. After that I merely pointed out that the Club was, we are given to understand, partially purchased by a £110 million loan that must be paid back next year.

What we undoubtedly can agree on is that barring additional outside funding the suggestion that we will be purchasing many even moderately expensive players in the say £10 to £15 million bracket appears strictly for the birds.

Well, it seems the new City midfielder is in that bracket….

Login to get fewer ads

Haggling over sales will cost us on 08:45 - Jul 8 with 591 viewsBerber

Haggling over sales will cost us on 10:07 - Jul 7 by PatfromPoole

It’s not just the cash from sales; it’s the squad places and wage bill it frees up.

As long as the sales are made before the squad is submitted, salaries will not come into it. Being keen to sell just lowers the price. Being realistic about the price though is something else, and we have no indication about that.

There has been a lot more that is wrong with our recruitment across the club that has yet to be shown to be corrected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024