Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. 22:07 - Jan 28 with 1229 viewsApex

Well has anyone noticed how well the team has done with a 4 4 2 formation, told ya.

Can anyone doubt that VAR would have been used to award a clear cut penalty if Spurs had been playing one of the top five teams. TV pundits and national papers said it was a clear cut hand ball penalty so why haven't the Saints board requested an inquiry? Even after the game is finished a penalty behind closed doors could be arranged, we are not talking about a questionable offside decision it is a clear hand ball inside the penalty box.

What I'd like to know who has the ultimate call for using VAR? I hope someone is not going to tell me a match result relies on the integrity of one person to use VAR when he or she wants to. Personally if someone scores a goal I welcome VAR to show that it is legal or not, it may not be a perfect or popular system but it's far better than we've had before, Maradona's "Hand of god "goal would have been disallowed by VAR for hand ball.

There should be more transparency about the whole VAR system and ALL infringements in the box should be automatically be VAR examined, not simply be the vital decision of some undisclosed person in authority who refused to use it, if that does not invite corruption I don't know what does.

APEX
Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 04:18 - Jan 29 with 1126 viewsBuenosSaint

Apex, Probably let go as ings also hand balled just before the defender. Would have been greater complaints by the NLY if it had been given.

Poll: The Long Future

Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 09:12 - Jan 29 with 1055 viewsApex

I still have the the recording and I honestly can't see that Ings did wilfully handle the ball myself but the deliberate upward motion of the defenders hand clearly changed the flight movement of the ball to prevent the striker gaining control of it.

If as you say Ings did wilfully handle the ball Spurs were then fully entitled to a free kick at that point so why was even this important possibility not examined by VAR - that is the mystery. If Ings had gained control by handling and then scored there would certainly have been a request from Spurs for a VAR decision and the goal would have been disallowed.

If the defender did wilfully handle the ball in his own penalty area then the penalty award cannot be avoided, there cannot be a discretionary decision if the infringement was game changing - and it was. If we don't want to stick to rules and have transparency a Football Stadium will eventually become like a Colosseum where one man gives a thumbs up or thumbs down depending on his mood.

APEX
Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 09:49 - Jan 29 with 1026 viewsButty101

Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 09:12 - Jan 29 by Apex

I still have the the recording and I honestly can't see that Ings did wilfully handle the ball myself but the deliberate upward motion of the defenders hand clearly changed the flight movement of the ball to prevent the striker gaining control of it.

If as you say Ings did wilfully handle the ball Spurs were then fully entitled to a free kick at that point so why was even this important possibility not examined by VAR - that is the mystery. If Ings had gained control by handling and then scored there would certainly have been a request from Spurs for a VAR decision and the goal would have been disallowed.

If the defender did wilfully handle the ball in his own penalty area then the penalty award cannot be avoided, there cannot be a discretionary decision if the infringement was game changing - and it was. If we don't want to stick to rules and have transparency a Football Stadium will eventually become like a Colosseum where one man gives a thumbs up or thumbs down depending on his mood.

APEX

APEX you have a point

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 09:55 - Jan 29 with 1020 viewsericofarabia

Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 09:12 - Jan 29 by Apex

APEX

That's not how it works now in VAR days.

ANY contact with hand or arm by an attacker, no matter how minimal or accidental will result in a free kic, and there have been some absolutely horrendous decisions madethis season, where about a million action replays see something that the ref and linos missed (I know that isnt too difficult!!) but also none of the defenders or fans even saw and appealed for.
For defenders the arm has to be judged to be in an unnatural position, which somehow VAR twonks decided Toby's was normal as his arm was raised because he wanted to ask the teacher if he could go to the loo, and on Saturday there was a pesky fly bothering the defender that needed swotting. Simples.
Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 10:35 - Jan 29 with 993 viewsBison

Apex - you are a legend. Who would be your preferred partner to Ings in the 4-4-2 ? I know he can't score but I would play Long all day long.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 11:01 - Jan 29 with 974 viewsBicester_North

Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 09:49 - Jan 29 by Butty101

APEX you have a point

He’s onto summit

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 12:25 - Jan 29 with 938 viewsTheMoog

Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 11:01 - Jan 29 by Bicester_North

He’s onto summit

Peaked too soon.

Standby to standby

Two strikers in a 4 4 2 could save us. on 21:18 - Feb 1 with 832 viewsApex

Hi Guys, Danny Ings is obviously the best in form striker we have and if had real pace you could add at least other thirty million to his value, but, we would not be able to afford to buy him and no club would let go out on loan. To get the best out of Danny you need a good strike partner playing in a central position with with him who really has good pace like Shane Long, he gets behind the oppositions defence causing panic which the box player Ings can exploit.

For me Romero is basically a hard stopper who was often played to screen our defence, when we played with one striker, however, playing a 4 4 2 now I don't personally see him as centre midfield player who has the requisite pace for that position. What we need is another good strong attacking midfielder like Armstrong who is also a ball player with pace, I hope we can keep him and if he has had experience as captain he'd be my choice.

I wonder why VAR was not used when Danny Ings was tripped in the Liverpool penalty box, perhaps someone of unquestionable integrity was having a tee break - again; or perhaps in the toilet; yeah that must be it. I mean they're totally impartial experts right wack.

APEX
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024