Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s 10:40 - May 18 with 1701 views1teeminants

Walcott signing 2 year deal

https://theathletic.com/news/theo-walcott-transfer-southampton-everton/v3yBAOQYX

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 10:49 - May 18 with 1677 viewsSonicBoom

I really don't know what to think about this. On the pitch he's very hit and miss and suffers from the same issues as Redmond. He looks like he's about to do something good then f's it up which is extremely frustrating.
Playing wise I think overall I wouldn't have offered him a deal.

That said I don't know what he does behind the scenes. Ralph seems to value him greatly and maybe he is a fantastic influence on the team and younger players and we don't have too many older players these days.
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 10:59 - May 18 with 1655 viewsDorsetIan

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 10:49 - May 18 by SonicBoom

I really don't know what to think about this. On the pitch he's very hit and miss and suffers from the same issues as Redmond. He looks like he's about to do something good then f's it up which is extremely frustrating.

That said I don't know what he does behind the scenes. Ralph seems to value him greatly and maybe he is a fantastic influence on the team and younger players and we don't have too many older players these days.

This.

In the main he's not looked that great since he returned from injury but earlier in the season I thought he offered quite a bit. And he did score on Saturday.

Yes, maybe he can help develop the likes of Tella and Djenepo.

But it does look as though we're in for another summer of evolution rather than revolution with maybe not the major squad shake up that many think is needed.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 12:23 - May 18 with 1556 viewssaint22

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 10:49 - May 18 by SonicBoom

Not good enough for Ancelotti and Everton but good enough for us
That tells you our trajectory right there
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 12:33 - May 18 with 1550 viewsSadoldgit

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 12:23 - May 18 by saint22

Not good enough for Ancelotti and Everton but good enough for us
That tells you our trajectory right there

Good enough for us in need of a deeper squad and a bit more experience around the place to help bring in the likes of Tella, who went straight to Walcott to celebrate when he scored his goal. Getting him in on a free leaves money available to bring in other players. Ralph and Semmens have a lot of work to do with the squad this summer including getting strength in depth which is what this signing does for just wages. We have yet to see the bigger picture. Before we start slagging off the club’s transfer policy let’s see what the squad looks like at the start of next season.
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 12:39 - May 18 with 1545 views1885_SFC

I think Theo will be good to have around the place. He can still play football here & there... and he'll be good for all the younger players -, a role model. I think Ralph we be looking for quick, young players in the Summer & Theo would be as good as anyone at the club when it comes to helping them settle. Besides, I still think the Clubs' wider aim is to have Walcott run things over at Staplewood eventually.

Old School is Cool

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 16:26 - May 18 with 1430 viewsBison

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 12:33 - May 18 by Sadoldgit

Good enough for us in need of a deeper squad and a bit more experience around the place to help bring in the likes of Tella, who went straight to Walcott to celebrate when he scored his goal. Getting him in on a free leaves money available to bring in other players. Ralph and Semmens have a lot of work to do with the squad this summer including getting strength in depth which is what this signing does for just wages. We have yet to see the bigger picture. Before we start slagging off the club’s transfer policy let’s see what the squad looks like at the start of next season.

Well said, sometimes you have to look further than how far some of our more excitable fans seem to think. If we were flush then probably not but we have to try and build some sort of strength be it on or off the pitch with the budget we have.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 16:49 - May 18 with 1407 viewsBerber

I don't think we should be paying players wages for coaching though.
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 16:50 - May 18 with 1407 viewssaint22

Yes lets see indeed
I get what he can bring to the club and younger players but I still am unsure we need him, maybe he is staying here with knowledge he won't be first pick?
Login to get fewer ads

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 17:21 - May 18 with 1383 viewsSadoldgit

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 16:50 - May 18 by saint22

Yes lets see indeed
I get what he can bring to the club and younger players but I still am unsure we need him, maybe he is staying here with knowledge he won't be first pick?

If we are to continue with the high intensity press, perhaps the plan is to have a greater squad rotation?
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 17:40 - May 18 with 1343 viewsBicester_North

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 16:50 - May 18 by saint22

Yes lets see indeed

Unsure? No, you are sure it’s a shit move

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 20:02 - May 18 with 1256 viewssaint22

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 17:40 - May 18 by Bicester_North

Unsure? No, you are sure it’s a shit move

Actually yeah after watching that game I think I fkn am pal
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 21:08 - May 18 with 1206 viewsBicester_North

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 20:02 - May 18 by saint22

Actually yeah after watching that game I think I fkn am pal

Funny how you really come into your own when Saints get turned over, posting like mad, almost as if you’re revelling in it.

I_would is another one who does that

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 21:32 - May 18 with 1185 viewssaint22

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 21:08 - May 18 by Bicester_North

Funny how you really come into your own when Saints get turned over, posting like mad, almost as if you’re revelling in it.

I_would is another one who does that

Oh do give it a rest pal
When am I supposed to post after we go on an unbeaten winning run of 10 games ffs
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 21:37 - May 18 with 1180 viewsI_would

Why don't we wait until the start of the season see what the squad looks like and if it doesn't look like we could hit barn door from two yards, like now, wait until the start of the following season and so on. Whatever you do don't complain about the bad decisions like extending the Invisible Man's contract for two years this week or throwing millions away on Long and then sending him down the road straight away to get him out of sight.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 21:40]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 21:44 - May 18 with 1163 viewsBicester_North

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 21:32 - May 18 by saint22

Oh do give it a rest pal
When am I supposed to post after we go on an unbeaten winning run of 10 games ffs

No if we win you scurry off with tears streaming down your pock marked grimy face

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 10:12 - May 25 with 844 viewsSadoldgit

Apparently he has taken a 50% pay cut to join us and will be on around £75k a week. Must make him one of our higher earners and not a bad wedge for a squad player. He says he wants to give something back to the club that set him on his way. All very laudable. Let’s hope it pays off.
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 10:15 - May 25 with 837 viewssaint22

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 10:12 - May 25 by Sadoldgit

Apparently he has taken a 50% pay cut to join us and will be on around £75k a week. Must make him one of our higher earners and not a bad wedge for a squad player. He says he wants to give something back to the club that set him on his way. All very laudable. Let’s hope it pays off.

Do you think he will manage on that?
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 10:30 - May 25 with 822 viewsSadoldgit

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 10:15 - May 25 by saint22

Do you think he will manage on that?

He might have to start shopping at LIDL rather than Waitrose.
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 12:33 - May 25 with 795 viewsRon11

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 10:12 - May 25 by Sadoldgit

You don't think it might be because nobody else wants him?
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 13:37 - May 25 with 741 viewssaint22

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 12:33 - May 25 by Ron11

You don't think it might be because nobody else wants him?

As i said before not good enough for Everton and Ancelotti but good enough for us and Ralph - says it all really
Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 15:27 - May 25 with 714 viewsSadoldgit

Walcott signing 2 year deal at Sy Mary’s on 13:37 - May 25 by saint22

As i said before not good enough for Everton and Ancelotti but good enough for us and Ralph - says it all really

Apparently he had a number of offers for higher wages but chose to come here for less, bless him. I can see him given a role in the academy in the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024