Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pep's Attendance Comments 09:42 - Sep 19 with 1415 viewsSaintNick

I can see his point, he has put together one of the best teams in Europe who will challenge for both the Premier League and the Champions League, yet they can't sell out their ground, it can't all be about cost

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Pep's Attendance Comments on 09:48 - Sep 19 with 1405 viewsdirk_doone

Like Little Pompey, they have declared an official attendance figure which is far bigger than the real one, as you could see from the number of empty seats.

The pandemic has affected everyone.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Pep's Attendance Comments on 09:51 - Sep 19 with 1390 viewsSaintNick

Pep's Attendance Comments on 09:48 - Sep 19 by dirk_doone

Like Little Pompey, they have declared an official attendance figure which is far bigger than the real one, as you could see from the number of empty seats.

The pandemic has affected everyone.

I agree the pandemic has affected everyone, but some clubs like Liverpool, United and Chelsea are still filling their grounds and in the lower leagues attendances seem to have increased since before the outbreak.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Pep's Attendance Comments on 10:41 - Sep 19 with 1341 viewsNumber_58

Be interested to hear from our travelling supporters yesterday whether City get coachloads of fans rocking up from all corners of the country like United and Liverpool. I may be wrong, but despite all their domestic success I get the feeling City still don't have the allure of their neighbours.
Pep's Attendance Comments on 11:17 - Sep 19 with 1322 viewsSaintsforeverj

Pep's Attendance Comments on 10:41 - Sep 19 by Number_58

Be interested to hear from our travelling supporters yesterday whether City get coachloads of fans rocking up from all corners of the country like United and Liverpool. I may be wrong, but despite all their domestic success I get the feeling City still don't have the allure of their neighbours.

We saw loads of Liverpool fans at the service stations yesterday. They were home to Palace. Saw a few Palace, a few Arsenal but masses of Liverpool. Didn't see many City fans travelling up but one "city fan" was on our coach, travelling up from Southampton! Because we don't sell out our away allocation, he bought a ticket in the away end and used our coach.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 11:18]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Pep's Attendance Comments on 12:28 - Sep 19 with 1279 viewsdirk_doone

Pep's Attendance Comments on 09:51 - Sep 19 by SaintNick

I agree the pandemic has affected everyone, but some clubs like Liverpool, United and Chelsea are still filling their grounds and in the lower leagues attendances seem to have increased since before the outbreak.

Some of them have but others have gone down:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/attendances

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Pep's Attendance Comments on 17:03 - Sep 19 with 1193 viewssaintwizzler

Liverpool and Man Utd will always sell out due to tourists.

Everton and Man City are the ‘supporters’ club.

Anfield is a complete shîthole. It’d take something special for me to go there again.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Pep's Attendance Comments on 17:09 - Sep 19 with 1185 viewsSalisburySaint

Pep's Attendance Comments on 17:03 - Sep 19 by saintwizzler

Liverpool and Man Utd will always sell out due to tourists.

Everton and Man City are the ‘supporters’ club.

Anfield is a complete shîthole. It’d take something special for me to go there again.

Spot on Wizz

When you visit Everton and City you meet proper fans who are you can have a proper conversation about the game, had great chats with several City fans on train back after game yesterday on train home all complimented us on our performance, none said they had an off day just said we stopped them playing, all fans had Manc accents

At Euston waiting for train up, full of Liverpool fans none had scouse accents, several foreign just a bunch of tourists and glory hunters a world of difference
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 9:46]
Pep's Attendance Comments on 17:22 - Sep 19 with 1173 viewsSaintsforeverj

Pep's Attendance Comments on 17:09 - Sep 19 by SalisburySaint

Spot on Wizz

When you visit Everton and City you meet proper fans who are you can have a proper conversation about the game, had great chats with several City fans on train back after game yesterday on train home all complimented us on our performance, none said they had an off day just said we stopped them playing, all fans had Manc accents

At Euston waiting for train up, full of Liverpool fans none had scouse accents, several foreign just a bunch of tourists and glory hunters a world of difference
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 9:46]

Gets right on my nerves. Not proper fans. Easy to live 300 miles away plus and just decide to support a top team. It's particularly Liverpool. We saw loads at the service station yesterday too travelling from the south and London. They arn't even worth talking to. They don't know the passion and hurt of supporting your home club.

How do you find travelling to games further than London by train? We usually drive or go by coach to the games in the north as it's cheaper, but have thought about the train. Can you get a seat and wear your colours safely etc?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 17:22]

Login to get fewer ads

Pep's Attendance Comments on 18:26 - Sep 19 with 1136 viewssaintwizzler

Pep's Attendance Comments on 17:22 - Sep 19 by Saintsforeverj

Gets right on my nerves. Not proper fans. Easy to live 300 miles away plus and just decide to support a top team. It's particularly Liverpool. We saw loads at the service station yesterday too travelling from the south and London. They arn't even worth talking to. They don't know the passion and hurt of supporting your home club.

How do you find travelling to games further than London by train? We usually drive or go by coach to the games in the north as it's cheaper, but have thought about the train. Can you get a seat and wear your colours safely etc?

https://www.splitmyfare.co.uk/

Pep's Attendance Comments on 18:38 - Sep 19 with 1118 viewsSaintsforeverj

Pep's Attendance Comments on 18:26 - Sep 19 by saintwizzler

https://www.splitmyfare.co.uk/

That's good Wizz. Going to Chelsea and even a trip to London can be split. With a rail card and split tickets, can go for £13. Not bad at all. Will be pleased if I can get to some northern games more cheaply on the train.

Pep's Attendance Comments on 21:20 - Sep 19 with 1065 viewssaintwizzler

Pep's Attendance Comments on 18:38 - Sep 19 by Saintsforeverj

That's good Wizz. Going to Chelsea and even a trip to London can be split. With a rail card and split tickets, can go for £13. Not bad at all. Will be pleased if I can get to some northern games more cheaply on the train.

Sorted!

Pep's Attendance Comments on 09:53 - Sep 20 with 933 viewsSalisburySaint

Pep's Attendance Comments on 17:22 - Sep 19 by Saintsforeverj

I sometimes go on own using split tickets, but book early once TV games confirmed to take advantage of advanced tickets that are reduced significantly

on Saturday chose to go up on official London Saints trip, fare £50 return from Euston,
however as we had delays on way up and back, it will be £25 as we will get 50% refund, loads of other Saints fans on train

If you book in advance you get reserved seat automatically, and on Saturday for return journey it was deemed unclassified so we sat in First Class, and never a problem wearing colours, and able to drink on train too and we normally get beers from supermarkets /shops for trip home
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 14:19]
Pep's Attendance Comments on 10:34 - Sep 20 with 904 viewsfranniesTache

Pep's Attendance Comments on 09:53 - Sep 20 by SalisburySaint

I sometimes go on own using split tickets, but book early once TV games confirmed to take advantage of advanced tickets that are reduced significantly

on Saturday chose to go up on official London Saints trip, fare £50 return from Euston,
however as we had delays on way up and back, it will be £25 as we will get 50% refund, loads of other Saints fans on train

If you book in advance you get reserved seat automatically, and on Saturday for return journey it was deemed unclassified so we sat in First Class, and never a problem wearing colours, and able to drink on train too and we normally get beers from supermarkets /shops for trip home

If you're using ticket split sites it's always worth looking at first class anyway, for Derby away in the cup a few years back first class was cheaper than normal as there was a promotion going on that hadn't been advertised and i saved about £20 by going first class instead.
Pep's Attendance Comments on 13:32 - Sep 20 with 822 viewsSaintsforeverj

Pep's Attendance Comments on 09:53 - Sep 20 by SalisburySaint

Sounds good SalisburySaint. Going by train v Chelsea and will look into other games too. Coach is ok, but a bit restricted! Driving means obviously you can't drink so train sounds good.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 13:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024