Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation Battle 09:13 - Feb 27 with 837 viewsSaintNick

Starting to hot up, Burnley & Watford taking points and Everton & Leeds not, both clubs fans probably thought they would never get involved in a relegation battle, but the reality is that as we head into the final third of the season they are firmly in it.

I think both will get out, sadly I think it is Brentford who will slide into the bottom 3 and join Watford & Norwich going down, but that is far from certain

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Relegation Battle on 09:16 - Feb 27 with 813 viewsA1079

I think if Leeds lose their next game the club will replace Bielsa and I fear that temporarily put someone like Allardyce in just to get the stale draws that may save them from the drop . I only wish we were playing them now and not a month or so later as I would love to beat them and beat them well as I live in Yorkshire and their fans are insufferable - and not very nice! They never stop harking on about that win against Saints heaven knows how many years ago but gets alot of coverage because of the number of passes.
Relegation Battle on 09:20 - Feb 27 with 807 viewsSaintNick

Relegation Battle on 09:16 - Feb 27 by A1079

I think if Leeds lose their next game the club will replace Bielsa and I fear that temporarily put someone like Allardyce in just to get the stale draws that may save them from the drop . I only wish we were playing them now and not a month or so later as I would love to beat them and beat them well as I live in Yorkshire and their fans are insufferable - and not very nice! They never stop harking on about that win against Saints heaven knows how many years ago but gets alot of coverage because of the number of passes.

I never liked going to Leeds, always a place where the fans are very hostile, you always had to watch your back even long after fighting at football matches had declined

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Relegation Battle on 09:49 - Feb 27 with 748 viewsPatfromPoole

It annoys me that Leeds have a large fanbase in the South.

Almost all blokes in their 50’s (or older) who weirdly develop Northern accents once a week. And they have passed the trait on to the next generation.

And a massive chip on their shoulder. They think they are the biggest club in the country.

I wouldn’t be sad at all if they went down.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Relegation Battle on 09:53 - Feb 27 with 741 viewsdirk_doone

It will come down to the final game of the season: Brentford v Leeds.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Relegation Battle on 10:40 - Feb 27 with 707 views1teeminants

Relegation Battle on 09:53 - Feb 27 by dirk_doone

It will come down to the final game of the season: Brentford v Leeds.

God help Brentford town centre. It will be another Bournemouth, especially if Leeds get relegated.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Relegation Battle on 10:57 - Feb 27 with 695 viewsA1079

Relegation Battle on 10:40 - Feb 27 by 1teeminants

God help Brentford town centre. It will be another Bournemouth, especially if Leeds get relegated.

I was at that game because in those times if I couldn't get to a Saints game or they weren't playing I would go and watch another relatively local club. It was horrific on that day and the bile and intimidation and thuggery that took place outside the ground and in the town centre and along the front was something I had never witnessed before and never since. Leeds fans have not changed that much and that is why I would not be sorry at all to see them go down but for some reason the media like them.
Relegation Battle on 11:04 - Feb 27 with 689 viewsPatfromPoole

Relegation Battle on 10:40 - Feb 27 by 1teeminants

At least Brentford doesn’t have a beach for them to have a riot on.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Relegation Battle on 11:07 - Feb 27 with 689 viewsChesham_Saint

Relegation Battle on 11:04 - Feb 27 by PatfromPoole

At least Brentford doesn’t have a beach for them to have a riot on.

Gunnersbury Park pond is rather convenient - the dirty bastids could always trash that I suppose….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation Battle on 14:38 - Feb 27 with 573 views1teeminants

Relegation Battle on 10:57 - Feb 27 by A1079

I was at that game because in those times if I couldn't get to a Saints game or they weren't playing I would go and watch another relatively local club. It was horrific on that day and the bile and intimidation and thuggery that took place outside the ground and in the town centre and along the front was something I had never witnessed before and never since. Leeds fans have not changed that much and that is why I would not be sorry at all to see them go down but for some reason the media like them.

I went to Norwich away this season and it was difficult to find anywhere where away fans could go due to (as pub staff and bouncers were saying) Leeds fans causing havoc the game before. They haven’t changed since the dark days of the 70’s.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 14:41]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Relegation Battle on 14:42 - Feb 27 with 567 viewsSaintsforeverj

Relegation Battle on 14:38 - Feb 27 by 1teeminants

I went to Norwich away this season and it was difficult to find anywhere where away fans could go due to (as pub staff and bouncers were saying) Leeds fans causing havoc the game before. They haven’t changed since the dark days of the 70’s.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 14:41]

Leeds have a large element of nasty fans. Been there once and their fans were thuggish outside the ground. West Ham are just as bad. I hope the authorities are ready for 5000, mostly drunk West Ham fans on Wednesday for a night game.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Relegation Battle on 14:59 - Feb 27 with 542 viewsChesham_Saint

Relegation Battle on 14:42 - Feb 27 by Saintsforeverj

Leeds have a large element of nasty fans. Been there once and their fans were thuggish outside the ground. West Ham are just as bad. I hope the authorities are ready for 5000, mostly drunk West Ham fans on Wednesday for a night game.

In my experience West Ham (who I know, are no angels) are nowhere near as bad. I remember at one England game on the way to Wembley on the tube it was virtually England AND Scotland fans (from various club teams) v a mob of marauding Leeds fans chanting “Arthur Scargill’s Republican Army” and generally out for trouble.

Absolute troglodyte shower of shit and I hope they go down.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024