Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair Play TO The Club 12:23 - Jul 20 with 1817 viewsSaintNick

Everyone who went to Klagenfurt got an e mail from the club thanking them for their support and offering them a free ticket for the Villareal freindly.

I'm quick to criticise the club for its supporter relations, but I have to give them credit for this one

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fair Play TO The Club on 12:28 - Jul 20 with 1788 viewssaints__fan__73

I've heard that fans who didn't go to Klagandfart have been punished with 2 free tickets to the Villareal friendly.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Fair Play TO The Club on 13:11 - Jul 20 with 1724 viewsBerber

Fair Play TO The Club on 12:28 - Jul 20 by saints__fan__73

I've heard that fans who didn't go to Klagandfart have been punished with 2 free tickets to the Villareal friendly.

And links for 5 free surveys.
Fair Play TO The Club on 16:46 - Jul 20 with 1609 viewsPatfromPoole

Saves them having to answer any phone calls, I guess……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Fair Play TO The Club on 18:04 - Jul 20 with 1532 viewskingslandstand1

You can't win Nick can you
Fair Play TO The Club on 20:57 - Jul 20 with 1436 viewsSaintsforeverj

That's generous of them. Give about 20 people, well off enough to travel to Austria, a free ticket for a friendly, that will be half empty anyway.

Should have saved the money and fixed the speakers in the Kingsland that have been broken for 10 years or maybe put up the new screens that were promised last year, but still haven't been done. Perhaps the cobwebs are getting in the way.

Or maybe even the the friendly tickets I have bought with £1.50 booking fee and Spurs tickets might arrive in the post with at least one day to spare before the game.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 21:03]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fair Play TO The Club on 21:19 - Jul 20 with 1397 viewsSaintNick

Fair Play TO The Club on 20:57 - Jul 20 by Saintsforeverj

That's generous of them. Give about 20 people, well off enough to travel to Austria, a free ticket for a friendly, that will be half empty anyway.

Should have saved the money and fixed the speakers in the Kingsland that have been broken for 10 years or maybe put up the new screens that were promised last year, but still haven't been done. Perhaps the cobwebs are getting in the way.

Or maybe even the the friendly tickets I have bought with £1.50 booking fee and Spurs tickets might arrive in the post with at least one day to spare before the game.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 21:03]

Half the people that went were young lads who sorted out budget flights and scrimped and saved to go.

As you said its going to be half empty so costing the club nothing to show a little bit of good will.

So they are spending no money so how could they save it to repair the speakers.

I am a big critic of their £1.50 booking fee and their delays in sending out tickets, but I applaud them when they get it right, perhaps this is a step in the right direction.

Fair Play TO The Club on 21:42 - Jul 20 with 1370 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fair Play TO The Club on 21:19 - Jul 20 by SaintNick

Half the people that went were young lads who sorted out budget flights and scrimped and saved to go.

As you said its going to be half empty so costing the club nothing to show a little bit of good will.

So they are spending no money so how could they save it to repair the speakers.

I am a big critic of their £1.50 booking fee and their delays in sending out tickets, but I applaud them when they get it right, perhaps this is a step in the right direction.

They get it right when it costs them nothing, apart from maybe a few who went to Austria, who might have otherwise bought tickets for the friendly.

At Leicester, they had those massive HD screens, we were promised (twice) that they would be completed. The stadium needs painting etc. It's only screens I know, but it's shows that they couldn't care a less, apart from taking our money.

Fair Play TO The Club on 21:50 - Jul 20 with 1348 viewsSaintNick

Fair Play TO The Club on 21:42 - Jul 20 by Saintsforeverj

They get it right when it costs them nothing, apart from maybe a few who went to Austria, who might have otherwise bought tickets for the friendly.

At Leicester, they had those massive HD screens, we were promised (twice) that they would be completed. The stadium needs painting etc. It's only screens I know, but it's shows that they couldn't care a less, apart from taking our money.

The e mail said they would refund anyone who already had a ticket, I know there have been issues with getting the screens in, but truly is it an issue that they haven't updated the screens yet.

We have to forget the past, it is gone, things are changing, judge the owners and the club what they do now, not what they did a year ago

Login to get fewer ads

Fair Play TO The Club on 22:19 - Jul 20 with 1315 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fair Play TO The Club on 21:50 - Jul 20 by SaintNick

The e mail said they would refund anyone who already had a ticket, I know there have been issues with getting the screens in, but truly is it an issue that they haven't updated the screens yet.

We have to forget the past, it is gone, things are changing, judge the owners and the club what they do now, not what they did a year ago

Are things changing from the past though? That's the question. We all expected new owners to maybe give the stadium a well needed facelift, get in an experienced defender, have the funds to buy a striker. None of it has happened. New owners, and we had to pay our season tickets manually, still very amateurish. Ralph is still having to plead in public, saying we need more up front as if he is pleading with the owners to get him what he needs. I'm not sure things are changing and I think you will find that's why so many fans are upset: major disappointment is setting in. They are starting to think we will be just as uncompetitive as we were under Gao.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 22:24]

Fair Play TO The Club on 22:32 - Jul 20 with 1290 viewsSaintNick

Fair Play TO The Club on 22:19 - Jul 20 by Saintsforeverj

Are things changing from the past though? That's the question. We all expected new owners to maybe give the stadium a well needed facelift, get in an experienced defender, have the funds to buy a striker. None of it has happened. New owners, and we had to pay our season tickets manually, still very amateurish. Ralph is still having to plead in public, saying we need more up front as if he is pleading with the owners to get him what he needs. I'm not sure things are changing and I think you will find that's why so many fans are upset: major disappointment is setting in. They are starting to think we will be just as uncompetitive as we were under Gao.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 22:24]

We will find out soon whether things have changed, where did Ralph plead for a striker, all he said was he felt we needed a little more in the final third, there is still over two weeks till the season starts, plenty of time, no suggestion the owners werent backing him.

As a manager he told the truth where he felt we needed to strengthen and we all knew that being two strikers down from last season.

Every summer it is the same, the fans are upset because we havent completed all our signings by the start of July, some things take time

Fair Play TO The Club on 22:53 - Jul 20 with 1261 viewshedgeend61

How many fans travelled to Austria Nick?

Did you go on the 4 day Away Travel coach trip
Sarnies any good?
Fair Play TO The Club on 13:49 - Jul 22 with 1033 viewsSaintNick

Fair Play TO The Club on 22:53 - Jul 20 by hedgeend61

How many fans travelled to Austria Nick?

Did you go on the 4 day Away Travel coach trip
Sarnies any good?

Around 140 ish, I went under my own steam by plane and train, 4 nights in Vienna and then 1 night in Klagenfurt.

Fair Play TO The Club on 13:55 - Jul 22 with 1022 viewsPatfromPoole

Fair Play TO The Club on 13:49 - Jul 22 by SaintNick

Around 140 ish, I went under my own steam by plane and train, 4 nights in Vienna and then 1 night in Klagenfurt.

This means nothing to me…..

Fair Play TO The Club on 14:13 - Jul 22 with 989 viewsButty101

Fair Play TO The Club on 22:32 - Jul 20 by SaintNick

We will find out soon whether things have changed, where did Ralph plead for a striker, all he said was he felt we needed a little more in the final third, there is still over two weeks till the season starts, plenty of time, no suggestion the owners werent backing him.

As a manager he told the truth where he felt we needed to strengthen and we all knew that being two strikers down from last season.

Every summer it is the same, the fans are upset because we havent completed all our signings by the start of July, some things take time

You have it so wrong Nick and really dont understand your peers.

The fans arent upset that we havent brought the required players in by now. What people are frustrated with, is the clubs refusal to buy what it needs, eg a decent experienced centreback. Last season they could have snapped up Cahill, this season Mee. Instead we give Stephens a new contract and the club are to embarrassed to announce it.

Its clear to see the club is no longer here for the fans and to try to win as many football matches as possible. This summers business shows we have owners that look at this as a cash cow, hoping that we scrape 15th and unearth a gem to sell along the way. If that gives you a buzz then fair enough but it doesnt sound like it does for the majority.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fair Play TO The Club on 11:28 - Jul 24 with 759 viewsSaintNick

Fair Play TO The Club on 14:13 - Jul 22 by Butty101

You have it so wrong Nick and really dont understand your peers.

The fans arent upset that we havent brought the required players in by now. What people are frustrated with, is the clubs refusal to buy what it needs, eg a decent experienced centreback. Last season they could have snapped up Cahill, this season Mee. Instead we give Stephens a new contract and the club are to embarrassed to announce it.

Its clear to see the club is no longer here for the fans and to try to win as many football matches as possible. This summers business shows we have owners that look at this as a cash cow, hoping that we scrape 15th and unearth a gem to sell along the way. If that gives you a buzz then fair enough but it doesnt sound like it does for the majority.

Have I not banged on for 5 years now for the need for an experienced central defender, I'm still doing that, I was an advocate for signing Cahill, I'm frustrated that they haven't done so.

But in 50 years of watching the club they have not always signed the players I have wanted or thought they have needed, even Lawrie McMenemy made mistakes, Kevin Keegan left in the summer of 1982 after falling out with McMenemy because with the club top of the league he failed to sign an experienced striker to get us over the line.

Where I perhaps differ from some of my peers is that i'm realistic as to what we can achieve as a club, I have seen the premier League change in the past 5-6 years , you say we scrape 15th, but the truth is that there are around 13/13 clubs who have more money and bigger fan bases than ours, 15th is where we stand in the pecking order, that is our par position, if we push up to 11th we have overperformed, if we finish below that underperformed.

The owners have invested, yes they hope for a return on their money, but they are investing in players, Manchester City & Chelsea sell us players to make money, we buy them to help us stay in the Premier League & sell them on, nothing new there, Ted Bates was doing it in the 1960's, Lawrie McMenemy in the 70/80's and virtually every other manager since.

If it doesn't give you a buzz then you need to find a club that does it the way you want, half the Premier League have not spent more than £25 million as their record signing, only the big clubs spend over £30 million, we are not alone in our transfer strategy.

As the Premier League stands nothing is going to change, Newcastle will spend big but wont get into the Champions League or win anything,

I understand my peers perfectly, but I also understand where football has now gone, Everton have spent over £100 million per season since 2016 and are in a worse state than us, money is not the issue it is how you spend it.

If you think that if Saints spent £80 million a season it would change much then you would be wrong.

Fair Play TO The Club on 12:49 - Jul 24 with 732 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fair Play TO The Club on 11:28 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

Have I not banged on for 5 years now for the need for an experienced central defender, I'm still doing that, I was an advocate for signing Cahill, I'm frustrated that they haven't done so.

But in 50 years of watching the club they have not always signed the players I have wanted or thought they have needed, even Lawrie McMenemy made mistakes, Kevin Keegan left in the summer of 1982 after falling out with McMenemy because with the club top of the league he failed to sign an experienced striker to get us over the line.

Where I perhaps differ from some of my peers is that i'm realistic as to what we can achieve as a club, I have seen the premier League change in the past 5-6 years , you say we scrape 15th, but the truth is that there are around 13/13 clubs who have more money and bigger fan bases than ours, 15th is where we stand in the pecking order, that is our par position, if we push up to 11th we have overperformed, if we finish below that underperformed.

The owners have invested, yes they hope for a return on their money, but they are investing in players, Manchester City & Chelsea sell us players to make money, we buy them to help us stay in the Premier League & sell them on, nothing new there, Ted Bates was doing it in the 1960's, Lawrie McMenemy in the 70/80's and virtually every other manager since.

If it doesn't give you a buzz then you need to find a club that does it the way you want, half the Premier League have not spent more than £25 million as their record signing, only the big clubs spend over £30 million, we are not alone in our transfer strategy.

As the Premier League stands nothing is going to change, Newcastle will spend big but wont get into the Champions League or win anything,

I understand my peers perfectly, but I also understand where football has now gone, Everton have spent over £100 million per season since 2016 and are in a worse state than us, money is not the issue it is how you spend it.

If you think that if Saints spent £80 million a season it would change much then you would be wrong.

The frustration with the club is mixed in with the frustration with the PL, of course. On the Saints side of things, what about free travel to an away game or a half price shirt? What about actually reading the surveys and painting the stadium, fixing the speakers or getting tickets to us in time. I still haven't received my tickets for Monaco. The game is in three days time. I again have to start ringing and chasing the club over the next few days, same as last season.

Likewise, still haven't got my Spurs tickets. I bought them what, nearly 3 weeks ago. I had to pay for my ST manually, after reading it on here that there was a problem!! They didn't email me about it. They arn't helping themselves are they. Last season, none of us received our season tickets. This year, still no season ticket and no tickets for a game that kicks off in 3 days time. All last minute stuff once again. Just post the Spurs and ST tickets now, so they get here on time. What is so difficult??? Lazy staff? Don't care once they have our money, if we go or not? So players earn 100 grand a week, and I can't get my tickets sent to me on time? Imagine if they were late paying the players. Easy to look after the players and not the fans. It's frustrating Nick, that they can't post tickets in time. That's nothing to with other clubs having bigger grounds is it!!

Then the defender situation. We concede a hatful of goals. One young player brought in, that's it. Imagine what a free transfer like Cahill could do for our defence. We could afford him, he was free, nothing to with West ham or other clubs having a bigger ground. But they won't do it.

To be fair to Saints this year, we have invested in the team and are reportedly making bids of 20 million, but these are unproven players who have never played in the PL. Some of the signings look like good signings, but where are the goals coming from this year?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 12:56]

Fair Play TO The Club on 14:01 - Jul 24 with 693 viewsPatfromPoole

Fair Play TO The Club on 12:49 - Jul 24 by Saintsforeverj

The frustration with the club is mixed in with the frustration with the PL, of course. On the Saints side of things, what about free travel to an away game or a half price shirt? What about actually reading the surveys and painting the stadium, fixing the speakers or getting tickets to us in time. I still haven't received my tickets for Monaco. The game is in three days time. I again have to start ringing and chasing the club over the next few days, same as last season.

Likewise, still haven't got my Spurs tickets. I bought them what, nearly 3 weeks ago. I had to pay for my ST manually, after reading it on here that there was a problem!! They didn't email me about it. They arn't helping themselves are they. Last season, none of us received our season tickets. This year, still no season ticket and no tickets for a game that kicks off in 3 days time. All last minute stuff once again. Just post the Spurs and ST tickets now, so they get here on time. What is so difficult??? Lazy staff? Don't care once they have our money, if we go or not? So players earn 100 grand a week, and I can't get my tickets sent to me on time? Imagine if they were late paying the players. Easy to look after the players and not the fans. It's frustrating Nick, that they can't post tickets in time. That's nothing to with other clubs having bigger grounds is it!!

Then the defender situation. We concede a hatful of goals. One young player brought in, that's it. Imagine what a free transfer like Cahill could do for our defence. We could afford him, he was free, nothing to with West ham or other clubs having a bigger ground. But they won't do it.

To be fair to Saints this year, we have invested in the team and are reportedly making bids of 20 million, but these are unproven players who have never played in the PL. Some of the signings look like good signings, but where are the goals coming from this year?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 12:56]

Cahill has been released by Boscombe, I note…..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024