Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Everton Welcome 13:53 - Jan 14 with 3533 viewsSouthamptonfan

Everton fans also letting off fireworks outside the Saints hotel.

I have to say, that's passion for your club.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 13:55]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

An Everton Welcome on 14:20 - Jan 14 with 3398 viewskingslandstand1

May be, still fkn hate them tho and we so need that win
Not so sure about our line up either but I'm sure NJ knows better than me
An Everton Welcome on 14:26 - Jan 14 with 3378 viewsSouthamptonfan

An Everton Welcome on 14:20 - Jan 14 by kingslandstand1

Not sure about the line up either. It's going to be a fierce atmosphere. Adams, Elyonoussi, Edozie leading the attack doesn't seem like the aggressive front line we need but we shall see.

An Everton Welcome on 14:49 - Jan 14 with 3275 viewsButty101

An Everton Welcome on 14:26 - Jan 14 by Southamptonfan

Not sure about the line up either. It's going to be a fierce atmosphere. Adams, Elyonoussi, Edozie leading the attack doesn't seem like the aggressive front line we need but we shall see.

Adams should have come back in, but Armstrong and Dnepo deserve to start.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

An Everton Welcome on 15:28 - Jan 14 with 3179 viewsdarthvader

An Everton Welcome on 14:49 - Jan 14 by Butty101

Adams should have come back in, but Armstrong and Dnepo deserve to start.

So does Mara

keep the faith coyr

An Everton Welcome on 15:34 - Jan 14 with 3166 views1885_SFC

I think Jones has got a game plan & will change the formation at HT if it's 0-0. Think we'll see a triple change with a lot more attack-minded players coming on.

Old School is Cool

An Everton Welcome on 15:45 - Jan 14 with 3134 viewsMrangry25

An Everton Welcome on 15:34 - Jan 14 by 1885_SFC

I think Jones has got a game plan & will change the formation at HT if it's 0-0. Think we'll see a triple change with a lot more attack-minded players coming on.

I bloody hope so because Edozise and Elynoosie have been absolute tosh.
An Everton Welcome on 15:47 - Jan 14 with 3129 viewsSouthamptonfan

An Everton Welcome on 15:34 - Jan 14 by 1885_SFC

Except we are losing.

An Everton Welcome on 15:48 - Jan 14 with 3126 viewsHollywood56

An Everton Welcome on 14:20 - Jan 14 by kingslandstand1

I wouldn't bet on it
Login to get fewer ads

An Everton Welcome on 15:50 - Jan 14 with 3119 viewsSouthamptonfan

An Everton Welcome on 15:48 - Jan 14 by Hollywood56

I wouldn't bet on it

Adams, Ely and Edozie will work hard run around like headless chickens, getting f@cking nowhere. The result is Everton scoring from nothing.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 15:54]

An Everton Welcome on 17:52 - Jan 14 with 2934 views1885_SFC

"An Everton Welcome". Yeah, how did that work out for the locals?

Scummy fans, scummy club. They have always been amongst the biggest whingers in English football. Fancy the whole board being told to stay away because of safety threats. Most clubs have had their owner/board problems over the years, but none have ever told their Board to keep away. With all the gun crime in that part of the country, I guess it was a very serious threat after all. Sums up present day Merseyside in this day and age for me. Sorry Toffs. Your boys are a disgrace.

Old School is Cool

An Everton Welcome on 20:27 - Jan 14 with 2742 viewssolent_toffee

An Everton Welcome on 17:52 - Jan 14 by 1885_SFC

Scummy fans, scummy club. They have always been amongst the biggest whingers in English football. Fancy the whole board being told to stay away because of safety threats. Most clubs have had their owner/board problems over the years, but none have ever told their Board to keep away. With all the gun crime in that part of the country, I guess it was a very serious threat after all. Sums up present day Merseyside in this day and age for me. Sorry Toffs. Your boys are a disgrace.

Today is a dark day as an Everton supporter, not because of what’s gone on on the pitch, but all the nonsense that’s going off it. For one of my all time heroes, Graeme Sharp, to be threatened and not be allowed at the game is a disgrace.

The club is in an absolute mess.

But Everton fans are no scummier than any Saints fans. The vast majority are decent people. All my my brothers, nephews, cousins are Everton season ticket holders not a scummy bone in their bodies, the complete opposite in fact.

But it is what it is and people will stereotype and put everyone under the same bracket. Just the way it goes.
An Everton Welcome on 21:09 - Jan 14 with 2620 viewsSouthamptonfan

An Everton Welcome on 22:00 - Jan 14 with 2496 viewscocklebreath

An Everton Welcome on 21:09 - Jan 14 by Southamptonfan

Transfer request in the morning

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

An Everton Welcome on 00:23 - Jan 15 with 2321 viewsNumber_58

An Everton Welcome on 17:52 - Jan 14 by 1885_SFC

The 'scummy' comments are unfair. We spoke to quite a few Everton fans in the pub and on the way to the ground. They couldn't have been more friendly towards us.
But if we really want to have a pop at supporters we could mention some of our lot who were trying to goad the Everton fans, not to mention the weirdo who kept shouting 'You Skate bast*rd' every time JWP got the ball. And of course the hilariously topical "we pay your benefits" chant. Oh how we laughed.
An Everton Welcome on 05:22 - Jan 15 with 2188 viewsScoot

An Everton Welcome on 00:23 - Jan 15 by Number_58

The 'scummy' comments are unfair. We spoke to quite a few Everton fans in the pub and on the way to the ground. They couldn't have been more friendly towards us.
But if we really want to have a pop at supporters we could mention some of our lot who were trying to goad the Everton fans, not to mention the weirdo who kept shouting 'You Skate bast*rd' every time JWP got the ball. And of course the hilariously topical "we pay your benefits" chant. Oh how we laughed.

If we paid benefits we couldn't afford to keep the rich in the lifestyle they've become accustomed to without paying for.
It's one or the other, you can't have both

Poll: Should NJ go?

An Everton Welcome on 11:20 - Jan 15 with 1829 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Liverpool is a city of contrasts.

The nice people are top drawer, very friendly and humorous.
This is unfortunately balanced at the lower end of the spectrum.
Lots of violence primarily instigated by the drugs industry.
As a place to visit, Liverpool has a significant number of attractions and the inner city is relatively compact so all walkable.
However some of the suburbs resemble a third world country.
I remember going to Goodison when it was comparatively one of the best stadiums in the country and attended one Easter when there was over 70,000 there for a game v Burnley.
Everton's new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock will be a big move forward for the club if the ÂŁ700m+ build cost doesnt ruin the club.
An Everton Welcome on 12:06 - Jan 15 with 1763 viewssolent_toffee

An Everton Welcome on 11:20 - Jan 15 by SouthSeaSaint

Liverpool is a city of contrasts.

The nice people are top drawer, very friendly and humorous.
This is unfortunately balanced at the lower end of the spectrum.
Lots of violence primarily instigated by the drugs industry.
As a place to visit, Liverpool has a significant number of attractions and the inner city is relatively compact so all walkable.
However some of the suburbs resemble a third world country.
I remember going to Goodison when it was comparatively one of the best stadiums in the country and attended one Easter when there was over 70,000 there for a game v Burnley.
Everton's new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock will be a big move forward for the club if the ÂŁ700m+ build cost doesnt ruin the club.

That’s probably a fair observation.

For the past seven years I have worked for the EFL Trust. One of the pieces of work that we did was with the DWP and the link with poverty and football stadium, with 90% of people living in poverty in England living within a few miles of a football stadium, this includes Saints. Liverpool probably has a higher figure than that. It just shows how important football clubs are to the people and the communities they belong to. Hence the embarrassing “we pay your benefits”, “do the social know you’re here” “sign on, sign on” stuff is cringeworthy.

There’s no point in trying to disguise the fact that Liverpool has its share of scumbags. The little rats hassling the players last night don’t represent me or 99.9% of the Everton fan base.

For all its faults, that get highlighted in the main by people who have barely stepped foot in the city, Liverpool is a great city to live, visit and have a weekend in. I’m sure and hope all the Saints fans who stopped over last night had a great night out. It’s far more inclusive than Southampton for a night out. As a 50 year old pie arse myself I barely go out in Southampton on a Saturday night because there’s very few decent places to go for someone of my demographic. In Liverpool, there are hundreds of places to go.
An Everton Welcome on 13:08 - Jan 15 with 1643 viewsWints76

An Everton Welcome on 12:06 - Jan 15 by solent_toffee

That’s probably a fair observation.

For the past seven years I have worked for the EFL Trust. One of the pieces of work that we did was with the DWP and the link with poverty and football stadium, with 90% of people living in poverty in England living within a few miles of a football stadium, this includes Saints. Liverpool probably has a higher figure than that. It just shows how important football clubs are to the people and the communities they belong to. Hence the embarrassing “we pay your benefits”, “do the social know you’re here” “sign on, sign on” stuff is cringeworthy.

There’s no point in trying to disguise the fact that Liverpool has its share of scumbags. The little rats hassling the players last night don’t represent me or 99.9% of the Everton fan base.

For all its faults, that get highlighted in the main by people who have barely stepped foot in the city, Liverpool is a great city to live, visit and have a weekend in. I’m sure and hope all the Saints fans who stopped over last night had a great night out. It’s far more inclusive than Southampton for a night out. As a 50 year old pie arse myself I barely go out in Southampton on a Saturday night because there’s very few decent places to go for someone of my demographic. In Liverpool, there are hundreds of places to go.

Totally that. I wrnt up with Skooba who used to post here and he was impressed how busy the pubs were with people.of all ages, rather than just 20 year old throwing blue drinks down their necks. My 22yo lad loved Mathew St and the atmosphere around the bars there. Didn't see a hint of trouble in any of the various places we went, and they were all busy

We also did the Beatles Story thing (again) and visited here https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/AOTT

There's no doubt Liverpool has problems with drugs, probably more so than many places, but as a place to visit, it is amongst the best. Especially when we win.
An Everton Welcome on 13:15 - Jan 15 with 1623 viewssolent_toffee

An Everton Welcome on 13:08 - Jan 15 by Wints76

Totally that. I wrnt up with Skooba who used to post here and he was impressed how busy the pubs were with people.of all ages, rather than just 20 year old throwing blue drinks down their necks. My 22yo lad loved Mathew St and the atmosphere around the bars there. Didn't see a hint of trouble in any of the various places we went, and they were all busy

We also did the Beatles Story thing (again) and visited here https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/AOTT

There's no doubt Liverpool has problems with drugs, probably more so than many places, but as a place to visit, it is amongst the best. Especially when we win.

I’m gutted I didn’t go up (regardless of the result). Mathew Street is brilliant, your lad would Concert Square and all the bars around the side streets up there and the Baltic Triangle too. Did you go to the Slaughterhouse the other night?
An Everton Welcome on 13:17 - Jan 15 with 1593 viewsWints76

An Everton Welcome on 13:15 - Jan 15 by solent_toffee

I’m gutted I didn’t go up (regardless of the result). Mathew Street is brilliant, your lad would Concert Square and all the bars around the side streets up there and the Baltic Triangle too. Did you go to the Slaughterhouse the other night?

No, we were planning on it but other pubs got in the way. We stayed at Hard Days Night so Mathew St was pretty handy.

Ended up in Ship & Mitre pre match
An Everton Welcome on 16:17 - Jan 15 with 1375 viewskingolaf

Have fond memories of a night out in Liverpool over 30 years ago that included The Carters Arms, Kirby and then Yates Wine Lodge in the city centre followed by a visit to the world famous Grafton.
An Everton Welcome on 16:33 - Jan 15 with 1342 viewsMytchettSaint

An Everton Welcome on 13:08 - Jan 15 by Wints76

I stopped up last night with my 18 & 21 year old boys. We went to the cavern club and had a wander down Matthew street.
We all had a great time (the result certainly helped there though)
As you say, there was a real mix of people out and about and not a hint of trouble in any of the bars we ventured into.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 16:34]

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

An Everton Welcome on 16:53 - Jan 15 with 1295 viewsSouthSeaSaint

The Philharmonic Pub is an interesting place to visit.
The men's bogs are listed!!
The Anglican Cathedral and the museums in William Brown St , St Georges Hall etc are also interesting if you like old buildings.
A lot of them are free entry.
An Everton Welcome on 21:08 - Jan 15 with 1038 viewsSalisburySaint

An Everton Welcome on 20:27 - Jan 14 by solent_toffee

Today is a dark day as an Everton supporter, not because of what’s gone on on the pitch, but all the nonsense that’s going off it. For one of my all time heroes, Graeme Sharp, to be threatened and not be allowed at the game is a disgrace.

The club is in an absolute mess.

But Everton fans are no scummier than any Saints fans. The vast majority are decent people. All my my brothers, nephews, cousins are Everton season ticket holders not a scummy bone in their bodies, the complete opposite in fact.

But it is what it is and people will stereotype and put everyone under the same bracket. Just the way it goes.

Can only emphasis what others have said, Liverpool a great place to go, and much better when Everton at home and you don’t have the International tourists you have when Liverpool at home

9 of us went up Friday had great night out finishing off in The Cavern Live kounge, and after recovering yesterday morning joined by 5 more and met up with Mychett and Eric of Arabia and others from this board, and had another great day finished off but great curry

Went to various pubs had no problems at all everyone really friendly
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 7:19]
An Everton Welcome on 21:18 - Jan 15 with 1001 viewsgrumpy

An Everton Welcome on 21:08 - Jan 15 by SalisburySaint

Can only emphasis what others have said, Liverpool a great place to go, and much better when Everton at home and you don’t have the International tourists you have when Liverpool at home

9 of us went up Friday had great night out finishing off in The Cavern Live kounge, and after recovering yesterday morning joined by 5 more and met up with Mychett and Eric of Arabia and others from this board, and had another great day finished off but great curry

Went to various pubs had no problems at all everyone really friendly
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 7:19]

When I last went to Everton(long time ago) I was struck by people stopping us in the street and talking about the game,no aggression.
Of course if you went there with an aggressive attitude then look out.
Read 'Scally' he had some interesting memories of Everton v Saints games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024