Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away following 15:25 - Feb 2 with 5113 viewscontroversial_jack

What's the biggest following we have taken to an away match, not including Wembley? 10,000 at Preston in 81 would be hard to beat.although we did late a load to Anfield the following season.
Away following on 16:09 - Feb 3 with 943 viewsDewi1jack

Away following on 19:44 - Feb 2 by NotLoyal

I thought the palamos trip we had over 1000 at the first game?
mind you I had been on the piss with Betty and some more illustrious port Talbot Jack's. It was the end of my alcohol days that year.

Didn't we take 5,500 to Reading a few years back?
Def sold out most premier league away games first three seasons.
must have been 5000 ish at Bury? Promotion game.

Considering our location our support is more than impressive.

[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 19:49]

Thanks.
Took my little 'uns ( well one was 18 then, always be a little 'un!) out to Palamos
Fantastic day meeting some lovely people outside in the bar.
Forgot Bury where our Willy spoke in kindly French to one of GMP's fukin legends

Reading away when the Tapas waiters team got a stuffing (9-0 Spurs??) we had a fair few as well
we do travel pretty well for a day out don't we?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Away following on 16:37 - Feb 3 with 923 viewstheloneranger

We took 30,000 to Villa Park in the 1964 FA Cup semi final against Preston.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Away following on 18:09 - Feb 3 with 868 viewsJack59

Away following on 09:20 - Feb 3 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m more surprised that Villas ground held 68,000 . Even though It’s two and a half hours away 40000 is still an eye watering number .

I think the Holt End then held over 20,000 standing only, The Kop at Liverpool also I think had a max of 28,000 in those days
We left Swansea in a packed Morris 1000 at about 7 am and were motoring along quite nicely until we hit the Briton Ferry bridge where there was complete gridlock. After that, there were many other bottlenecks and we got to the ground at about 2 pm,
We had 24,000 at the Vetch in the Fourth round replay against Sheffield Utd. Then we had 30,000 for the replay at the Vetch against Stoke even before the epic Anfield victory.
Our original allocation of 30,000 tickets for Villa Park sold out, but such was the demand that thousands of unsold tickets from Preston and neutral ones from Birmingham were rushed to the Vetch where they were quickly snapped up.
It's hard to imagine how big the FA Cup was then compared to now. The following year in 1965, Peterborough Utd had a record crowd of 30,000 for our visit in the fifth round, and we had another 30,000 at the Vetch for the necessary replay 3 days later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024