Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone booked a holiday abroad for this summer? 16:24 - Mar 13 with 5808 viewslifelong

Travel Insurance companies are sending out emails telling customers to make sure they have Travel Disruption Extension cover on their policy. Otherwise, should the holiday be cancelled because of the virus you are likely to lose your money.
Anyone booked a holiday abroad for this summer? on 12:21 - Mar 15 with 818 viewsCooperman

Anyone booked a holiday abroad for this summer? on 11:47 - Mar 15 by Pacemaker

I was flying with Austrian/United On a code share LHR to AKL via SFO. Not a route I would choose ordinarily but this was early Feb and I wanted to avoid Asia and thought the US would be a safer route.

So ticket is fine from the US block point of view, I normally always fly Air NZ or Singapore Airlines out to NZ but my family have had some brilliant business class flights with China Southern so thought I would try them out, that obviously didn’t end well but I did get almost all of the fare refunded.

I have made contact with travel agent and I am waiting to see what comes back. If I can fly out next Christmas then fine otherwise it’s not much use to me later in the year unless I can transfer to my daughter to come back or just use the SFO leg to visit my brother who lives between Houston and San Fran depends on work.

Hopefully the annual travel Insurance I pay a lot of money for comes up trumps otherwise.

Good luck with this, I think you will be ok for either a refund or re-booking.

As an aside did I read that Air NZ have pulled the LHR-AKL route?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Anyone booked a holiday abroad for this summer? on 12:44 - Mar 15 with 801 viewsPacemaker

Anyone booked a holiday abroad for this summer? on 12:21 - Mar 15 by Cooperman

Good luck with this, I think you will be ok for either a refund or re-booking.

As an aside did I read that Air NZ have pulled the LHR-AKL route?

They have been pulling lots of routes this year, I know the LHR-LAX-Akl is due to be pulled because the London -LAX is just so competitive.

I think this crisis might finish them off as well as a few other airlines, NZ depends on tourists massively so I can see a big dip in their economy, but it will be the same for most countries.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024