Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New board 18:40 - Jul 22 with 17364 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just had a little look, feck me, its gone down the shitter in record time.
New board on 18:38 - Jul 29 with 1509 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New board on 18:37 - Jul 29 by chad

I don’t know, he knows a thing or 2 about dimwittery does our ECB. Look how he called the global pandemic. Spot on

Could it be possible he has an ology in it?
New board on 21:41 - Jul 29 with 1451 viewsCatullus

New board on 18:38 - Jul 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Could it be possible he has an ology in it?

Not futurology surely?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New board on 21:42 - Jul 29 with 1450 viewsJackinexile1

The new board is the Trust who let us down.
New board on 23:35 - Jul 29 with 1393 viewsEbo

New board on 00:29 - Jul 28 by Kerouac

Gammon is not a racist term. It's a description of someone's attitude, not race. As you well know.

Gammon refers to skin colour and you must know that. It was coined to mock middle aged white men with angry pink/red skin.

If the right adopted a term that mocked black people for the colour their skin turned when angry you would call the people who used that term 'racist'.
Admit that to yourself at least.

Maybe you should take the knee for poor old 'Reg in Essex' who voted Brexit and owns a property portfolio worth millions, a mock Tudor mansion, and a fleet of luxury cars. He's had such a hard life and being called a gammon has tipped him over the edge.

It's a term that is the polar opposite of 'snowflake' yet you never hear the so-called 'snowflakes' refer to it as some kind of imaginary racist slur.

My last post on this site. I have joined the others on the new one. Hwyl Fawr!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

New board on 23:36 - Jul 29 with 1392 viewsHighjack

New board on 23:35 - Jul 29 by Ebo

Maybe you should take the knee for poor old 'Reg in Essex' who voted Brexit and owns a property portfolio worth millions, a mock Tudor mansion, and a fleet of luxury cars. He's had such a hard life and being called a gammon has tipped him over the edge.

It's a term that is the polar opposite of 'snowflake' yet you never hear the so-called 'snowflakes' refer to it as some kind of imaginary racist slur.

Reg’s life matters too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New board on 11:33 - Jul 30 with 1296 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bye.
New board on 12:00 - Jul 30 with 1292 viewsKerouac

1) I don't "take the knee" for anyone.

2) Your fictional character 'Reg in Essex' is an example of a citizen who is very wealthy and so only a tiny percentage of people in this country would qualify as a 'Reg in Essex'...yet the likes of you use the term 'Gammon' with gay abandon to slur anyone who disagrees with you.

3) Being called a 'Gammon' is tipping nobody "over the edge", because the people you use it against don't sign up to seeing themselves as victims.

4) The term 'Snowflake' does not reference the colour of a person's skin so is not an equivalent.

5) 'Gammon' is not an "imaginary racist slur", it is a term that specifically refers to the colour of someone's skin in a derogatory way...I bring this to your attention only to point out what a massive hypocrite you are and so that any young people reading can understand that people like you don't have any principles.

6) As you flounce off don't imagine that you will be missed by the majority of posters.
Ta-raaa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

New board on 15:09 - Jul 30 with 1235 viewsonehunglow

Why Reg and why Essex.

What about Maldwyn in Merthyr
or
Dai in Dyfatty

and all males too!.

Pure sexism

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

New board on 15:11 - Jul 30 with 1231 viewsHighjack

New board on 12:00 - Jul 30 by Kerouac

1) I don't "take the knee" for anyone.

2) Your fictional character 'Reg in Essex' is an example of a citizen who is very wealthy and so only a tiny percentage of people in this country would qualify as a 'Reg in Essex'...yet the likes of you use the term 'Gammon' with gay abandon to slur anyone who disagrees with you.

3) Being called a 'Gammon' is tipping nobody "over the edge", because the people you use it against don't sign up to seeing themselves as victims.

4) The term 'Snowflake' does not reference the colour of a person's skin so is not an equivalent.

5) 'Gammon' is not an "imaginary racist slur", it is a term that specifically refers to the colour of someone's skin in a derogatory way...I bring this to your attention only to point out what a massive hypocrite you are and so that any young people reading can understand that people like you don't have any principles.

6) As you flounce off don't imagine that you will be missed by the majority of posters.
Ta-raaa!

Would they ever describe a black Brexit supporter as “gammon” I wonder? Actually I don’t wonder because I know the answer.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

New board on 16:25 - Jul 30 with 1195 viewslondonlisa2001

New board on 15:11 - Jul 30 by Highjack

Would they ever describe a black Brexit supporter as “gammon” I wonder? Actually I don’t wonder because I know the answer.

James Cleverly is regularly called a gammon. He has, ironically, also called other people of minority ethnic background a gammon.
New board on 16:44 - Jul 30 with 1186 viewsHighjack

New board on 16:25 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

James Cleverly is regularly called a gammon. He has, ironically, also called other people of minority ethnic background a gammon.

No they tend to call him a coconut. Which is a description of someone’s attitude and countenance, not race.

New board on 16:48 - Jul 30 with 1181 viewslondonlisa2001

New board on 16:44 - Jul 30 by Highjack

No they tend to call him a coconut. Which is a description of someone’s attitude and countenance, not race.

You asked if any black people get called a gammon and I gave an example of one who is frequently described as such.

Saying ‘no’ doesn’t change the fact he is.
New board on 17:30 - Jul 30 with 1153 viewsHighjack

New board on 16:48 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

You asked if any black people get called a gammon and I gave an example of one who is frequently described as such.

Saying ‘no’ doesn’t change the fact he is.

Ok I’ll concede there may be one man (half white btw) who may have been called a gammon at some point.

Now tell me, would you consider coconut or choc ice to be a racist term? Surely they are simply foods that refer to attitude rather than skin colour if we’re applying the same rules across the board?

New board on 17:58 - Jul 30 with 1141 viewsCatullus

I've never noticed Cleverly being called a gammon, I must pay more attention.

Surely coconut and choc ice are slurs though, black on the outside white on the inside, it's akin to accusing them of treason against their own colour/race/kind/ethnicity..

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

New board on 18:05 - Jul 30 with 1138 viewsHighjack

New board on 17:58 - Jul 30 by Catullus

I've never noticed Cleverly being called a gammon, I must pay more attention.

Surely coconut and choc ice are slurs though, black on the outside white on the inside, it's akin to accusing them of treason against their own colour/race/kind/ethnicity..

Of course. It’s a derogatory term based entirely on skin colour. If somebody were to make the argument that “coconut” is all to do with attitude and countenance and not skin colour you’d think they were a bit bonkers right?

New board on 18:21 - Jul 30 with 1130 viewsCatullus

New board on 18:05 - Jul 30 by Highjack

Of course. It’s a derogatory term based entirely on skin colour. If somebody were to make the argument that “coconut” is all to do with attitude and countenance and not skin colour you’d think they were a bit bonkers right?

Yeah, in the same way I've only ever seen white people called gammon. It's quite often used in tandem with 'little englander'

There will always be exceptions of course, but for the most part I see gammon as an attack on middle aged white people.

Didn't Rio Ferdinand call Ashley Cole choc ice?

New board on 19:28 - Jul 30 with 1105 viewsFieryJack

New board on 18:21 - Jul 30 by Catullus

Yeah, in the same way I've only ever seen white people called gammon. It's quite often used in tandem with 'little englander'

There will always be exceptions of course, but for the most part I see gammon as an attack on middle aged white people.

Didn't Rio Ferdinand call Ashley Cole choc ice?

"but for the most part I see gammon as an attack on middle aged white people"

As well as being white and middle-aged they are, to my mind at least, also likely to be affluent and reactionary.

And it's clearly a disgusting outrage that such people - whose lives are hard enough as it is - should have to then put up with being called gammons.

It'd be best to do them the courtesy of calling them what they really are: obnoxious, apopleptic, over-privileged, Tory vermin.
New board on 19:29 - Jul 30 with 1105 viewsLohengrin

New board on 16:25 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

I can’t say as I’ve heard him described like that but if you have then fair enough.

‘Gammon’ is pretty rubbish as insults go anyway. I’ve always associated a ruddy complexion with having spent a lifetime working outdoors in all weathers. Something of a badge of honour for the bearer - proof they had put their shoulder to the wheel, they had done their bit.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

New board on 19:49 - Jul 30 with 1073 viewsFlashberryjack

New board on 19:28 - Jul 30 by FieryJack

"but for the most part I see gammon as an attack on middle aged white people"

As well as being white and middle-aged they are, to my mind at least, also likely to be affluent and reactionary.

And it's clearly a disgusting outrage that such people - whose lives are hard enough as it is - should have to then put up with being called gammons.

It'd be best to do them the courtesy of calling them what they really are: obnoxious, apopleptic, over-privileged, Tory vermin.

"It'd be best to do them the courtesy of calling them what they really are: obnoxious, apopleptic, over-privileged, Tory vermin."

Much hatred...sad

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New board on 19:58 - Jul 30 with 1062 viewsHighjack

New board on 19:49 - Jul 30 by Flashberryjack

"It'd be best to do them the courtesy of calling them what they really are: obnoxious, apopleptic, over-privileged, Tory vermin."

Much hatred...sad

The irony is what most of them really are is working class life long labour voters.

And they wonder why they lose 100% of the time.

New board on 20:04 - Jul 30 with 1054 viewsHumpty

New board on 19:29 - Jul 30 by Lohengrin

I can’t say as I’ve heard him described like that but if you have then fair enough.

‘Gammon’ is pretty rubbish as insults go anyway. I’ve always associated a ruddy complexion with having spent a lifetime working outdoors in all weathers. Something of a badge of honour for the bearer - proof they had put their shoulder to the wheel, they had done their bit.

It may or may not be rubbish but you're not going to pretend it's a racist term used against white people in general, are you?

Rather than what it is, a name for a ranting, right wing, permanently angry brexity type.
New board on 20:07 - Jul 30 with 1040 viewsHighjack

New board on 20:04 - Jul 30 by Humpty

It may or may not be rubbish but you're not going to pretend it's a racist term used against white people in general, are you?

Rather than what it is, a name for a ranting, right wing, permanently angry brexity type.

...who has pink skin.

New board on 20:15 - Jul 30 with 1034 viewsHumpty

New board on 20:07 - Jul 30 by Highjack

...who has pink skin.

Not necessarily. They don't need to own a penis either.
New board on 20:18 - Jul 30 with 1032 viewsHighjack

New board on 20:15 - Jul 30 by Humpty

Not necessarily. They don't need to own a penis either.

Why is it called “gammon” if the colour is irrelevant?

New board on 20:31 - Jul 30 with 1016 viewsHumpty

New board on 20:18 - Jul 30 by Highjack

Why is it called “gammon” if the colour is irrelevant?

Dunno. You'd have to ask whoever came up with the term originally. Maybe it's to do with them being permanently angry.

It doesn't really matter how it started IMO, now it's used to describe a certain type of person and how they think and behave, not what colour they are.

You do accept that it's not a term used to describe white people in general yes?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024