Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rishi 07:12 - Nov 26 with 2186 viewssaint22

Seems our Rishi is not as in touch with the real people as he initially led us to believe
NO extra money for the education system in his review! Is he unaware not everyone goes to fee paying schools!?
Found an extra 24bn fie defence though ffs
Our kids future ain’t looking rosy
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 7:13]
Rishi on 09:28 - Nov 28 with 429 viewsBazza

Rishi on 09:23 - Nov 28 by Sadoldgit

Or maybe he didn’t disclose everything to them in the first place?

What, you don’t think the Treasury access all
available company information when they’re checking , doh?
Rishi on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 374 viewsSadoldgit

Rishi on 09:28 - Nov 28 by Bazza

What, you don’t think the Treasury access all
available company information when they’re checking , doh?

Then why not declare it himself in the register? Then there is no story.
Wouldn’t it be good to have a cabinet made up of of people who live real lives and know what it is like to struggle to make ends meet instead of these super rich people who clearly don’t have a clue?
Rishi on 17:27 - Nov 28 with 365 viewsSaintsforeverj

Rishi on 17:07 - Nov 28 by Sadoldgit

Then why not declare it himself in the register? Then there is no story.
Wouldn’t it be good to have a cabinet made up of of people who live real lives and know what it is like to struggle to make ends meet instead of these super rich people who clearly don’t have a clue?

They are all taking the P arn't they though, not just Rishi. Take the bar situation in parliament. They have reduced prices and a bar in their work place. That's not the real world either. Not many work places in the world have 15 bars. I don't see many MP's on either side, fighting to get rid. Take MP's pay rise. Again let's see if the house votes it down, as they should. And even Corbyn claimed for his TV licence. They all as bad as each other.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 17:29]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Rishi on 19:57 - Nov 28 with 333 viewsKennington

Rishi on 17:27 - Nov 28 by Saintsforeverj

They are all taking the P arn't they though, not just Rishi. Take the bar situation in parliament. They have reduced prices and a bar in their work place. That's not the real world either. Not many work places in the world have 15 bars. I don't see many MP's on either side, fighting to get rid. Take MP's pay rise. Again let's see if the house votes it down, as they should. And even Corbyn claimed for his TV licence. They all as bad as each other.

Places of work that have free or discounted food and drink do it for a reason. They do it because the employee is minded to stay at work longer and work more. So if my MP has a £1.50 subsidised pint while carrying on talking politics with colleagues after a long day then that’s ok with me.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Rishi on 20:08 - Nov 28 with 324 viewsSaintsforeverj

Rishi on 19:57 - Nov 28 by Kennington

Places of work that have free or discounted food and drink do it for a reason. They do it because the employee is minded to stay at work longer and work more. So if my MP has a £1.50 subsidised pint while carrying on talking politics with colleagues after a long day then that’s ok with me.

Why should MP's have a discounted drink, but not a nurse, doctor, soldier, cleaner or anyone else? They have to pay full price at their local "closed" pub, while special MP's enjoy a drink at discounted prices.

Please explain why MP's deserve cheaper drinks than doctors, soldiers and nurses saving lives? Do MP's work harder than hospital staff?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 20:12]

Rishi on 22:58 - Nov 28 with 301 viewsKennington

Rishi on 20:08 - Nov 28 by Saintsforeverj

Why should MP's have a discounted drink, but not a nurse, doctor, soldier, cleaner or anyone else? They have to pay full price at their local "closed" pub, while special MP's enjoy a drink at discounted prices.

Please explain why MP's deserve cheaper drinks than doctors, soldiers and nurses saving lives? Do MP's work harder than hospital staff?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 20:12]

You’ll see as I just explained above.

Just in case that wasn’t clear if you go to a workplace that isn’t predicated by shift work then putting on free or discounted food and drink makes sense. It actually gets employees working longer hours. The free discounted food is offset by the extra hours. If you ever know someone who works for a FAANG company, see how their waist line balloons as they stay in the office from breakfast to dinner, and an 8 hr day slides into 12 hr plus.

Re the military not getting discounted drinks. I’ve only been to a British military facility in the middle east of all places and they cheap there. Are you saying military bars are as expensive as outside?

Re medical - interesting point. Yes, I think things will change and clinicians/allied healthcare will get more on the job perks. I work quite a lot with London NHS trusts and they still have COVID related aid stations where after a shift staff of all grades can go for a free sandwich hot drink and a chat with a counsellor or a colleague. I’m very supportive of that and I hope it continues.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Rishi on 23:05 - Nov 28 with 297 viewsSaintsforeverj

Rishi on 22:58 - Nov 28 by Kennington

You’ll see as I just explained above.

Just in case that wasn’t clear if you go to a workplace that isn’t predicated by shift work then putting on free or discounted food and drink makes sense. It actually gets employees working longer hours. The free discounted food is offset by the extra hours. If you ever know someone who works for a FAANG company, see how their waist line balloons as they stay in the office from breakfast to dinner, and an 8 hr day slides into 12 hr plus.

Re the military not getting discounted drinks. I’ve only been to a British military facility in the middle east of all places and they cheap there. Are you saying military bars are as expensive as outside?

Re medical - interesting point. Yes, I think things will change and clinicians/allied healthcare will get more on the job perks. I work quite a lot with London NHS trusts and they still have COVID related aid stations where after a shift staff of all grades can go for a free sandwich hot drink and a chat with a counsellor or a colleague. I’m very supportive of that and I hope it continues.

A sandwich and hot drinks yes - no problem with that. But I don't think MP's or anyone should be getting discounted alcohol. Not only is it bad for health but the tax payer shouldn't be paying for a luxury, especially for MP's. For well paid MP's on all sides to get discounted alcohol and nobody else does is wrong in my opinion. And look how none of them, mention this unfairness.

If anyone deserves a discounted alcoholic drink, it's those in the services and the NHS, amongst others, not well paid MP's.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 23:09]

Rishi on 11:30 - Nov 29 with 264 viewsSadoldgit

Rishi on 17:27 - Nov 28 by Saintsforeverj

I hope they do the right thing and refuse the pay increase. They are public servants too. If we are all in this together and public servants have a pay freeze, that means them too. They had the cheek to vote themselves a pay rise last time there was a public pay freeze. It sucks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024