Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Co-Commentator 21:17 - Feb 5 with 2002 viewsYrAlarch

I thought the job of the co-commentator was to give some insight into, and analysis of, what was happening on the pitch.
I have just listened to Wyndham Evans stating the bleeding obvious for 45 minutes. His most frequent comment was "well played".
I know that he is a Swans Legend, and deservedly so, but can't Swans TV come up with someone more suitable. It was like listening to the bloke sitting next to me in the Liberty pre covid.
Co-Commentator on 22:34 - Feb 5 with 1964 viewsHighjack

He’s fun, passionate and ridiculously biased. Insight and analysis should be done by the people watching if they know anything about football. We can all see what’s happening.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Co-Commentator on 23:29 - Feb 5 with 1927 viewsLohengrin

Co-Commentator on 22:34 - Feb 5 by Highjack

He’s fun, passionate and ridiculously biased. Insight and analysis should be done by the people watching if they know anything about football. We can all see what’s happening.

Got to love Wyn!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Co-Commentator on 23:52 - Feb 5 with 1910 viewslondonlisa2001

Co-Commentator on 23:29 - Feb 5 by Lohengrin

Got to love Wyn!

I say this with some sorrow as I grew up loving him as a player, and always will, and I imagine him to be a lovely bloke, but his commentary honestly drives me mad.

It’s like sitting next to some complete nutter every week.
Co-Commentator on 00:07 - Feb 6 with 1902 viewsmax936

Co-Commentator on 23:52 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

I say this with some sorrow as I grew up loving him as a player, and always will, and I imagine him to be a lovely bloke, but his commentary honestly drives me mad.

Most team commentators are the same, Rotherhams commentators drove me mad, with their wittering on talking bollox, so much so I muted the volume.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Co-Commentator on 00:58 - Feb 6 with 1879 viewsLohengrin

Co-Commentator on 23:52 - Feb 5 by londonlisa2001

He is a lovely bloke in real life, Lis.

I find his bias hilarious, I share it!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Co-Commentator on 06:09 - Feb 6 with 1832 viewswobbly

Even when it’s on Sky, I’ll go for Swans TV if Wyn is co-commentating. Hilarious and hugely entertaining. Who really wants deep, technical unbiased analysis when watching the Swans? His commentary for the first goal last night was brilliant.
Co-Commentator on 09:34 - Feb 6 with 1784 viewsYrAlarch

I mean no ill will towards Wyndham but he made Swans TV sound very amateurish last night, entertaining or not.
I don't have any knowledge of the main commentator and of his broadcasting ambitions, but if he does have any, I am sure he was not impressed.
Co-Commentator on 09:46 - Feb 6 with 1778 viewsHighjack

Co-Commentator on 09:34 - Feb 6 by YrAlarch

I mean no ill will towards Wyndham but he made Swans TV sound very amateurish last night, entertaining or not.
I don't have any knowledge of the main commentator and of his broadcasting ambitions, but if he does have any, I am sure he was not impressed.

Anthony O’Connell? He’s been covering the swans for about thirty years.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Co-Commentator on 09:50 - Feb 6 with 1773 viewsVincent_Vega

Whilst I agree with Wyndham being overly biasedI love him! How many times do we see sky and it’s ‘tonight we go to South Wales to see X get 3 points’ and they bleat on about the other side, we win and the experts go on about how shit X were and nothing about the swans. Even if the swans were awesome. I know it was funny when we got up first time but fwwck me when are they going to give the swans proper credit? If that was any other English club playing Norwich like that last night there’d be staff every there. At leased Wyndham gives a phuck. It’s swans tv not the beeb.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Co-Commentator on 10:12 - Feb 6 with 1755 viewsYrAlarch

Co-Commentator on 09:46 - Feb 6 by Highjack

Anthony O’Connell? He’s been covering the swans for about thirty years.

Well I think he does a good job.

I prefer Kris O'Leary alongside him.
Co-Commentator on 10:46 - Feb 6 with 1734 viewsonehunglow

Criticising Wyn is like drowning puppies

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Co-Commentator on 10:56 - Feb 6 with 1731 viewsCatullus

With Wyndham it's ike being at the ground sat next to another one eyed Jack, we're supposed to be biased!
I quite often turn the commentary down when it's "professional pundits" they often only state the bleeding obvious apart from when there's a dodgy tackle or the ref clearly got it wrong, actually last night one of the commentators on Sky didn't fudge the issue, he demanded that we should have had a penalty for the challenge on Morris.

The pundits and cmmentators I don't worry about as long as the camera work is good!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Co-Commentator on 10:58 - Feb 6 with 1729 viewsonehunglow

Co-Commentator on 10:56 - Feb 6 by Catullus

With Wyndham it's ike being at the ground sat next to another one eyed Jack, we're supposed to be biased!
I quite often turn the commentary down when it's "professional pundits" they often only state the bleeding obvious apart from when there's a dodgy tackle or the ref clearly got it wrong, actually last night one of the commentators on Sky didn't fudge the issue, he demanded that we should have had a penalty for the challenge on Morris.

The pundits and cmmentators I don't worry about as long as the camera work is good!

Last night's pundits were good IMO.

Clear penalty.Shocking decision

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Co-Commentator on 16:44 - Feb 10 with 1578 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Co-Commentator on 09:34 - Feb 6 by YrAlarch

Still better than listening to bbc Cardiff with all the ex Cardiff players telling us how bad Swansea are playing.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Co-Commentator on 19:52 - Feb 11 with 1464 viewsKeithHaynes

He’s a fan, he has his funny moments but he isn’t a pro broadcaster at any level and probably does it for a sandwich and a cup of tea. He is gold, tremendous player, not so good at commentary.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Co-Commentator on 09:37 - Feb 13 with 1364 viewsKilkennyjack

Co-Commentator on 10:46 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

Criticising Wyn is like drowning puppies

Wyndham is for life, not just for Christmas 🦢

Beware of the Risen People

Co-Commentator on 09:50 - Feb 13 with 1356 viewsjohnlangy

He uses 'worra goal' every time even if the ball just dribbled in from two yards.
Co-Commentator on 15:22 - Feb 13 with 1313 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He's truly awful and you'll find it very difficult to find somebody employed in the same role at another Championship (perhaps even the entire Football League) club as terrible as him at commentary.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Co-Commentator on 00:24 - Feb 14 with 1256 viewsKeithHaynes

Co-Commentator on 15:22 - Feb 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's truly awful and you'll find it very difficult to find somebody employed in the same role at another Championship (perhaps even the entire Football League) club as terrible as him at commentary.

I think you will find ifollow has first refusal on poor commentators, across the leagues.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024