Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean 19:41 - Feb 6 with 3836 views1951saint

Done it again sent wham's soucek off for violent conduct didn't do anything wrong
Dean on 10:40 - Feb 9 with 988 viewsPaleRider

Dean on 14:16 - Feb 8 by pjt50

Some of the things I've read on here in the past week don't set a great example to be honest. I really don't believe that referees are inherently biased. Of course some are better than others & they make mistakes at work, as we all do. Their job isn't made any easier when players have such disregard for the game and their fellow professionals that they go out of their way to con the officials. Sadly they're getting better & better at it.

Anyone refereeing in non-league deserves a medal & their job isn't made any easier when there's an air of hostility towards referees in the public eye.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 14:17]

Normally I would agree with you about bias (Lee Mason is for example just incompetent) but if you look at at Mike Dean's decisions from a statistical point of view then there is strong evidence of bias. Hopefully he is the exception that proves the rule.

I also agree with your point about cheating - why is the technology not being used to retrospectively punish players who cheat.

I also agree that any idiot who sends death threats to a referee and his family needs prosecuting - this is clearly a bridge too far. However, this situation has been allowed to escalate and you have to question the role of the FA, Premier League, PGMOL and the media in all of this. It is one big self-serving machine which doesn't give a damn about supporters of clubs - so it's not a surprise if people over-react.
Dean on 12:53 - Feb 9 with 938 viewsdirk_doone

"Anyone refereeing in non-league deserves a medal & their job isn't made any easier when there's an air of hostility towards referees in the public eye."

And that is one of the main reasons why Dean should not be allowed to continue refereeing. The combination of arrogance and bias in someone at the pinnacle of the profession has a very bad effect on the public image of referees in general.

He should have been stopped years ago after his involvement in a sports gambling website.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 12:58]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Dean on 00:17 - Feb 21 with 747 viewsdarthvader

Dean on 12:53 - Feb 9 by dirk_doone

"Anyone refereeing in non-league deserves a medal & their job isn't made any easier when there's an air of hostility towards referees in the public eye."

And that is one of the main reasons why Dean should not be allowed to continue refereeing. The combination of arrogance and bias in someone at the pinnacle of the profession has a very bad effect on the public image of referees in general.

He should have been stopped years ago after his involvement in a sports gambling website.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 12:58]

Another red card under his belt today

keep the faith coyr

Dean on 06:59 - Feb 21 with 704 viewsdirk_doone

Dean on 00:17 - Feb 21 by darthvader

Another red card under his belt today

There are red cards and penalties in nearly every game he referees. How can he be allowed to continue like this? Every game he referees turns into a farce with him at the centre of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56142686

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Dean on 08:56 - Feb 21 with 654 viewsJaySaint

to be air to Dean, he (and the lino) appear to be blocked from seeing the WBA handball (penalty shout).

However, isn't this a perfect example of what VAR is for?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024