Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wage cap 21:11 - Apr 20 with 914 viewscocklebreath

This is the perfect opportunity for all the clubs to get together and introduce a wage cap, it’s all well and good the players releasing statements about how they are against the super league but surely a good reason the clubs need it is the disgusting wages they are paying players? It has to stop, if all the clubs did it then the players have nowhere to go and will have to suck it up. I think it would be great watching players like Bale and Pogba having a 70/80% pay cut.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Wage cap on 21:33 - Apr 20 with 897 viewsSaintsforeverj

Agree totally. Players demanding 500 000 a week like Pogba and Bale is a disgrace. Players desperate to leave because they want more and more is also getting out of hand. They are football players, not the Gods they think they are. Something has to change.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 21:34]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Wage cap on 07:07 - Apr 21 with 825 viewssaintwizzler

Wage cap on 21:33 - Apr 20 by Saintsforeverj

Agree totally. Players demanding 500 000 a week like Pogba and Bale is a disgrace. Players desperate to leave because they want more and more is also getting out of hand. They are football players, not the Gods they think they are. Something has to change.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 21:34]

But it won’t.

Haaland will be the first £1m a week player very soon.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Wage cap on 07:09 - Apr 21 with 824 viewsSoton

I’m not sure what a wage cap would change, the reason that players get big wages is because of the amount of money in the premier league, if the players didn’t get a large slice of it then the greedy owners would be grabbing more of it
If you want to see the best players around the world playing in England then tempting them with high salaries is the way to do it, it would be hard to argue that the premier league doesn’t give great entertainment and we get to watch some great football because of the money in our game
Personally I think the problem is the way the elite clubs keep stacking every thing in there favour in the way the big bucks are distributed to the campions league clubs, they worked it so the big slices of the pie just feed the few
I think it works out that Man U lose over 100m a year in tv money sponsorship etc every year they don’t qualify for the champions league, so that tells you why they wanted a “ super league “ with no jeopardy, cake and eat it comes to mind
Wage cap on 08:32 - Apr 21 with 793 viewsSadoldgit

It was interesting to hear several managers to talk about competition. I’m not sure how that works when some clubs are able to pay players £2m a month. Even without the ESL there is currently no financial fair play. The gap between the rich and poor keeps getting wider and will continue to do so unless someone has the balls to say enough is enough. Will this failed coup be enough to move us in the direction of a more level playing field? Unlikely given the debts the big clubs have incurred and the strangle hold on overseas TV figures. Something needs to change big time, but you can’t put the genie back in the bottle and as long as there is shedloads of TV money on the table, the biggest clubs will always hold more sway. In this case it means that they will always get the lion’s share and can continue to spend it how they like.
Wage cap on 11:43 - Apr 21 with 727 viewsBazza

There should be a cap on the total players’ wage bill and coupled with a limit to the number of players that would eventually lead to reduced ticket prices, ....fat chance.
Wage cap on 11:44 - Apr 21 with 726 viewscocklebreath

Wage cap on 11:43 - Apr 21 by Bazza

There should be a cap on the total players’ wage bill and coupled with a limit to the number of players that would eventually lead to reduced ticket prices, ....fat chance.

Agreed might stop Chelsea having a squad of 2000 players

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Wage cap on 15:51 - Apr 21 with 669 viewsBicester_North

Wage cap on 07:09 - Apr 21 by Soton

I’m not sure what a wage cap would change, the reason that players get big wages is because of the amount of money in the premier league, if the players didn’t get a large slice of it then the greedy owners would be grabbing more of it
If you want to see the best players around the world playing in England then tempting them with high salaries is the way to do it, it would be hard to argue that the premier league doesn’t give great entertainment and we get to watch some great football because of the money in our game
Personally I think the problem is the way the elite clubs keep stacking every thing in there favour in the way the big bucks are distributed to the campions league clubs, they worked it so the big slices of the pie just feed the few
I think it works out that Man U lose over 100m a year in tv money sponsorship etc every year they don’t qualify for the champions league, so that tells you why they wanted a “ super league “ with no jeopardy, cake and eat it comes to mind

Would have to be a UEFA thing rather than premier league, as no league in Europe would want to be the first to do it, and risk all the mercenaries going abroad.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024