Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley, behind closed doors... 12:32 - Jul 14 with 9214 viewsYadHoDale

Dale's first-half XI for today's behind-closed-doors friendly against Barnsley 📝

Lynch, Keohane, O'Connell, Trialist A, Trialist B, Brierley, Kershaw, Grant, Newby, Jesus, Beesley.
Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 16:09 - Jul 14 with 3592 viewsTomRAFC

McShane had coaching involvement at Hull, with the youth team, and was a positive/fiery influence on the team here when he played. He'd be a welcome addition to the coaching staff, with a player registration just in case.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 16:10 - Jul 14 with 3592 viewsIOMDale

Confirmed by Stockdale that McShane had a prior agreement with BBM in place to be able to come in and stay sharp over the summer and that Stockdale was happy to honour that. Doesn’t seem anything more to it.

UTDNFS

Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 16:34 - Jul 14 with 3422 viewsCockneyDale

Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 16:10 - Jul 14 by IOMDale

Confirmed by Stockdale that McShane had a prior agreement with BBM in place to be able to come in and stay sharp over the summer and that Stockdale was happy to honour that. Doesn’t seem anything more to it.

Does suggest though that no one's picked him up, which could be an opportunity for us (and him)
Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 16:36 - Jul 14 with 3403 views49thseason

Except that Stockdale said that he didn't know if any of the current coaching staff wanted to leave, maybe it's a one in, one out situation or maybe he just used McShane as a fill-in because he was short of numbers. Notable however, that Baaarnsley didn't score when he was on the pitch. Stockdale is holding his cards close to his chest at the moment as we might expect, but we will know soon enough.
Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 16:49 - Jul 14 with 3340 viewsDaleiLama

Not giving much away but talks a lot of sense despite that.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 09:05 - Jul 15 with 2550 viewsDaleiLama

Anyone recognise the trialists?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 09:14 - Jul 15 with 2530 viewsIOMDale

Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 09:05 - Jul 15 by DaleiLama

Anyone recognise the trialists?

Both the LB and CB were black and that’s as much as I could glean.

UTDNFS

Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 09:49 - Jul 15 with 2457 viewsNorthernDale

Any idea who the trialist A and B are?
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 11:43 - Jul 15 with 2239 viewsLeeBrookfield

From the 20 minutes I watched, this is what I saw ...
Please note, its only my personal assessment and opinion based on a 20 minute highlight package. I am sure we will get fitter and better. Don't chew my head off ! 😁

Lynch looked a bit more confident, perhaps knowing he will be number 1.
Keohane kept getting done for pace at right back, he is definitely a midfielder and needs fitness. Would like to see him in the DM role and we get a proper right back in.
O'Connell at times looked like he could not be arsed and was looking around him as if to say what am I doing here.
The centre back on trial was out jumped for the second goal and looked lost.
The left back on trial did not get near man or ball the entire highlights. Looks young and a few years off men's football.
Brierley I think is a good player but does not have the frame at his age and was dis-possessed quite easily a few times.
Young lad Kershaw pressed well in midfield but did not get on the ball.
Another young lad called Jesus looks quite promising, almost like a second coming ? 😂
He did the dirty work of tracking back, looked calm on the ball, could be a good Kwadwo Baah replacement in there with him, quite optimistic about him.
Grant has good feet but was far too deep to support Beesley and it showed. Bees will run all day but he needs a man playing off him to be effective.
Odoh looks sprite and could win us a few free kicks or pens like in this game. He has always played as a left winger in his career but as an unpredictable left sided forward or number 10 he could give us options.
Done looked fit and was pressing well.
I like McShane but he banged his left knee in this game and the term 'made of glass' spring to mind with him. Which it never really should for a centre half. He reads the game well, but little point in that if injuries stop you playing in the game ? Would not offer him terms to be honest. Can not see him taking a pay as you play deal. That's the only deal he should get if offered. Can not keep using wage bill for those that can't play more than 30 games a season.
Morley took the pen well, also looks to have filled out a bit.
Young lad Scanlon at right back, got turned inside out a few times in second half, looks slight as well, will need to toughen up and get stronger for men's football, particularly in league 2. He could perhaps be a winger ? He did well when further up the field than Dooley.
Dooley has a touch like a baby elephant and put McShane in trouble a few times. He needs to improve or it will be his last season with us.
Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 15:57 - Jul 15 with 1891 viewsNorthernDale

Thanks for the analysis, Keohane was useless at right back when he was played there last season and was more suited to the left back/wing back role.
Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 16:53 - Jul 15 with 1756 viewsboromat

Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 09:14 - Jul 15 by IOMDale

Both the LB and CB were black and that’s as much as I could glean.

More importantly one of them was beaten easily for the goal from a set piece, he might as well not been there barely challenged for it.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 21:39]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Barnsley, behind closed doors... on 15:54 - Jul 16 with 1306 viewsKnowlesy

Both trialists looked lost, especially the centre back who it looks like was hauled off at half time. Doubt we'll be seeing either of them again.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024