Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH 09:38 - Oct 21 with 14734 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City are on a roll, scoring goals and entertaining the fans. This Saturday the swans travel to Birmingham. Its not in the north, it’s in the midlands, where Baz lives.

Away Fans Guide
It is best to drink in the city centre and get a taxi to the ground (about £9). If you are walking to the ground from the city centre, then you may care to stop at the Anchor Pub on Bradford Street, renowned for its range of real ales on offer. Although there are a number of Blues fans that frequent the pub they tend to be of the CAMRA bearded variety and therefore as long as you don't turn up mobbed handed, you should be okay. The pub is situated just behind Birmingham Coach Station. Going on further towards the ground then you are likely to pass the Old Crown, on Digbeth High Street, which apart from being Birmingham's oldest building, is also a pub which normally allows in away fans. Also in the same area is the DigBrew Company who are based on River Street (B5 5SA) and are open on Saturdays from 12noon. This brewery which is located in an old industrial unit has a bar inside and is welcoming to visiting supporters. Although basic inside, the beer (both real ale and craft) is good and the brewery is around a 15 minute walk away from the visitor's turnstiles (going in the general direction of the city centre)

If you coming by train, or decide to drink in the city centre beforehand, then if you like your real ale, then you can't do much better than visiting the Wellington Pub on Bennetts Hill. With 16 real ales on tap, including 12 guest ales, this is somewhat of a mecca for real ale drinkers. Also on Bennetts Hill, there is the 'Sun On The Hill' pub, which also shows televised sports and there is a Wetherspoons Pub called the Briar Rose, which normally admits visiting fans as long as no colours are shown. The Wellington does not provide food but has no objections to you bringing in your own. There are a couple of taxi ranks nearby that you can use if you wish to get you to the St Andrews ground. You can get more info on the Wellington pub website, including a live 'beer board' showing which ales they are currently serving. Just outside the main entrance to Birmingham New Street Station, is the Shakespeare pub, which is also popular with visiting supporters (normally under the watchful eye of the local Constabulary). Frequented not only those on their way to St Andrews but those on their way to the Hawthorns, as West Brom normally play their Saturday home games on the same day as Birmingham City. Alcohol is normally made available to away fans inside the ground in the form of John Smith’s Bitter or Fosters Lager (£3.80 per pint), as well as Bottles of Bulmers Cider (£3.60) and Wine (£3.90). However, for certain high profile fixtures, the Club opts not to sell any to away fans.

Official ticket news : Further tickets have been made available for Saturday’s Championship clash against Birmingham City at St Andrew’s (3pm). The Jack Army sold their initial allocation of 1500, with extra tickets now available on general sale. The Swans are going in search of a third straight win and are sure to have a strong away contingent cheering on Russell Martin and his players.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56053/olivier-ntcham-loo

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56055/team-news-birmingh

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56056

Nothing more to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 08:59 - Oct 25 with 877 viewsDr_Parnassus

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 22:31 - Oct 24 by CrossJack

It's not unfettered faith, it's giving someone a chance.

It's churlish to do anything but. We are talking about someone trying his best to move the club forward with genuine signs of doing so, someone who has moved his family from the other side of the country to do so. That's his choice obviously, but the least he deserves is a fair opportunity to do so without the usual culprits calling him despicable things and wanting his dismissal.

How many people have you seen call him despicable things and want his dismissal out of interest?

Bob Bradley moved from the other side of the world to take the club forward.

Russell Martin does not get a free pass to glide by with awful results and performances without them being critiqued, it’s barmy that the man has some sort of protection ring around any semblance of common sense.

He will be treated as any other manager and that will be on results. It shouldn’t be anything other than that and I question anyone who believes it should be.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 09:39 - Oct 25 with 844 viewsvetchonian

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 08:59 - Oct 25 by Dr_Parnassus

How many people have you seen call him despicable things and want his dismissal out of interest?

Russell Martin does not get a free pass to glide by with awful results and performances without them being critiqued, it’s barmy that the man has some sort of protection ring around any semblance of common sense.

He will be treated as any other manager and that will be on results. It shouldn’t be anything other than that and I question anyone who believes it should be.

Its amazing this yet when we had a manager delivering results he was still criticsed...now its worng to critique when we lose?

Dont get me wrong MArtin has my support as he is the manager of the cxlub my concern is his current approach is delivering similar to his past pedifgree with his self confessed focus on dominating possesion.
We did it agsain on Satiurday and we still top the table for ball possesion yet despite controlling possesion we lost .

So I have concerns that Martin has the "nous" to tweak things to best manage the resources available rather than prusue to impart a style and gameplan for which he may not yet have the necessary resources...

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 09:43 - Oct 25 with 822 viewsonehunglow

crossjack
With respect it is unfettered support.
Martin is TELLING US it i work in progress and basically to trust HIM 100%. No deviation tolerated and it is why there is si much abuse flying around and snide remarks that do not fail the swearing filter.People can insult without bad language and do so,as is obvious.
Martin has not the history to expect a whole fan base to accept and swallow totally what he says.

I do not like the way he selects the team nor his treatment of some good talent.

It's not a war on here-or shouldnt be.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 10:07 - Oct 25 with 818 viewsDr_Parnassus

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 09:39 - Oct 25 by vetchonian

Its amazing this yet when we had a manager delivering results he was still criticsed...now its worng to critique when we lose?

Dont get me wrong MArtin has my support as he is the manager of the cxlub my concern is his current approach is delivering similar to his past pedifgree with his self confessed focus on dominating possesion.
We did it agsain on Satiurday and we still top the table for ball possesion yet despite controlling possesion we lost .

So I have concerns that Martin has the "nous" to tweak things to best manage the resources available rather than prusue to impart a style and gameplan for which he may not yet have the necessary resources...

Agree.

If I had the choice to sack Martin now, I wouldn’t. He has my support and go into every game a fresh, but that doesn’t mean the freedom to preside over poor performances without comment or criticism.

I don’t buy into his “domination” theory. I really don’t think having more of the ball means you dominated.

You can’t have 72% of the possession creating 1 chance, while allowing the opposition 10 and claiming to have dominated or played well. (This is an example not a specific instance).

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 10:15 - Oct 25 with 806 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 10:07 - Oct 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Agree.

If I had the choice to sack Martin now, I wouldn’t. He has my support and go into every game a fresh, but that doesn’t mean the freedom to preside over poor performances without comment or criticism.

I don’t buy into his “domination” theory. I really don’t think having more of the ball means you dominated.

You can’t have 72% of the possession creating 1 chance, while allowing the opposition 10 and claiming to have dominated or played well. (This is an example not a specific instance).

If I had the choice neither would I mainly as it's too late now. I just pray we survive and don't drop -as we could do. Nobody can feel confident we couldn't.

I am hoping Martin learns as he goes and we do not sell Piroe,Ntcham,Downes in January as I see them as key players. Cullen needs to be offloaded asap as it's not fair on him.

Ideally,return the Lad back to Liverpool and invest in a ballsout Centre Half -a key position .

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 15:40 - Oct 25 with 724 viewsjasper_T

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 08:59 - Oct 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Bob Bradley was working in France at the time, and Norway before that.
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 19:46 - Oct 25 with 651 viewsTenbySwan

There are some dreadful comments on this thread.

We didn't win on Saturday. Get over it.

As many level headed supporters have said . It was our third game in 6 days after a Derby and then playing a top team. The players are not going to win every game. No one is

Have a look in the Dictionary - SUPPORTER

noun

a person or thing that supports.

an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.

Note. It does NOT say, moaner who continually finds fault and undermines the team and the efforts of other SUPPORTERS to SUPPORT.
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 19:51 - Oct 25 with 638 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 19:46 - Oct 25 by TenbySwan

As many level headed supporters have said . It was our third game in 6 days after a Derby and then playing a top team. The players are not going to win every game. No one is

noun

Note. It does NOT say, moaner who continually finds fault and undermines the team and the efforts of other SUPPORTERS to SUPPORT.

So ,in your book,nobody should ever complain or whinge or post anything that you consider non supportive.Wind yer neck in as you are no better than any other fan. What a site this would be if all posted what YOU like . Staggering arrogance ,with respect.

The day when there is no difference of opinion is the day the club is dead.

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 20:01 - Oct 25 with 642 viewsTenbySwan

Me wind my neck in ? 🤣

There are some , who's pretty much every post is moaning and whingeing.

It really isn't justified at the moment.
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 20:33 - Oct 25 with 615 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 20:01 - Oct 25 by TenbySwan

Me wind my neck in ? 🤣

Yes.
Why? Because you are assuming you have the established mindet that we should adhere to.

We should all be allowed to think what we like and post accordingly.

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 23:44 - Oct 25 with 575 viewsDr_Parnassus

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 15:40 - Oct 25 by jasper_T

Bob Bradley was working in France at the time, and Norway before that.

Either way, its a damn sight further than Milton Keynes.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 23:45]

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 23:46 - Oct 25 with 571 viewsDr_Parnassus

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 20:01 - Oct 25 by TenbySwan

Me wind my neck in ? 🤣

We are 16th, the lowest position we have found ourselves in for nearly 15 years.

Considering we had moaning every game when we were 4th.... why isn't moaning when we are 16th justified?

There seems a lot of reasons to moan at the moment.

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 23:51 - Oct 25 with 569 viewsDr_Parnassus

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 19:46 - Oct 25 by TenbySwan

noun

Supporting someone or something doesn't mean being blindly happy and positive in clearly negative situations.

A true supporter in my opinion is one willing to say the truth be that good or bad. I didn't buy the fitness thing last year, not buying it this year.

It was not a shock we had 3 games in a week. Plan for it. They had a similar schedule, got to deal with it.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 23:54]

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 00:34 - Oct 26 with 558 viewsWalterBoyd

Some of the things said about our players after the weekend loss is embarrassing. Hope everyone realises that even the best footballing teams in the world lose football matches. Live with it. Get over it and move on.

Truly pathetic 'fans'. Some of the 'experts' on here just love over analysing everything.

We have championship players, they are not the elite- who also make mistakes.

Do you , have you ever made a mistake in your job or life?

Every one has / does. Pointing out every error a player makes does not make you cleverer or wiser, we can all see them, just dont feel the need to pick up on them.

Probably because we weren't bullied or constantly criticised by our parents as kids and we were taught to look for the positives and good in people.

I feel sorry for you who always seek the negatives in performances. Sad life you must have led, still lead.

Not too late to change. Give it a go.
Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 02:30 - Oct 26 with 540 viewsDr_Parnassus

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 00:34 - Oct 26 by WalterBoyd

Some of the things said about our players after the weekend loss is embarrassing. Hope everyone realises that even the best footballing teams in the world lose football matches. Live with it. Get over it and move on.

Truly pathetic 'fans'. Some of the 'experts' on here just love over analysing everything.

Every one has / does. Pointing out every error a player makes does not make you cleverer or wiser, we can all see them, just dont feel the need to pick up on them.

Probably because we weren't bullied or constantly criticised by our parents as kids and we were taught to look for the positives and good in people.

I feel sorry for you who always seek the negatives in performances. Sad life you must have led, still lead.

What sort of thing have you seen about our players?

I'm sure people just make this stuff up and convince themselves they see abuse everywhere.

Any specific quotes?

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 09:51 - Oct 26 with 487 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City: Matchday Thread 2021/22 ÀFTERMATH on 00:34 - Oct 26 by WalterBoyd

Ive yet to read anything as juvenile and disingenuous as that.
Either you are making excuses or lying through your teeth.

Anyone making excuses grind my gears,almost as much as those,like you ,who accept second/third best.

These are exceptionally well paid people that have a comfortable and often pampered life most of whom do not a monkeys give about their employer,ie US.

It is the easiest thing in the world to point to the shirt badge and blow kisses to the club.Many swallow this whole. Shame really.

Clearly,Walt believes we HAVE to accept failure and Saturday WAS failure,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024