Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo 16:40 - Dec 8 with 3324 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55143/when-steve-cooper-

The shortest of memories ? Click above.
Twitter below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 15:18 - Dec 10 with 845 viewsmagicdaps10

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 13:36 - Dec 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Don’t be so daft, real fans care about the success of the club.

Fans that just want entertainment would quickly get shouted down to go and buy a cinema ticket.

It's not all about entertainment but I think that alot of fans could see that there was no foundation being built with Cooper in charge.

It was very much like the Monk era, was always going to come to a bad end.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 18:40 - Dec 10 with 794 views34dfgdf54

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 13:58 - Dec 10 by andypitt56

Interesting if true, but Ive seen no evidence in the tweet to back up that claim. Anyone know who the guy is?

Was told earlier he used to work for the club aswell.
When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 23:02 - Dec 10 with 743 viewsDr_Parnassus

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 15:18 - Dec 10 by magicdaps10

It's not all about entertainment but I think that alot of fans could see that there was no foundation being built with Cooper in charge.

It was very much like the Monk era, was always going to come to a bad end.

That's just a cliché.

The foundation was we were improving year on year. But if you are talking about squad strength then that comes from investment and he wasn't getting any.

This season we have spend 5 times more than his average season spend, and people still think the squad is weak. Under Potter we spend 6 times more than hos average season spend and people were happy with 10th.

For a manager to build, then he has to have investment into the playing staff, especially when players are being sold right left and center.

Otherwise the manager simply has to be canny with his tactics and the loan market, which is was in both areas.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 23:06 - Dec 10 with 742 viewsDr_Parnassus

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 13:58 - Dec 10 by andypitt56

Interesting if true, but Ive seen no evidence in the tweet to back up that claim. Anyone know who the guy is?

Yeah file under nonsense for that one.

How on earth is someone going to know the details of a private phone conversation between two people? I'm sure Martin has more about him than to go revealing personal conversations.

To believe that would be massive slight on Russell Martin's character. To me he seems like a very sound individual with excellent morals, us vegans tend to be

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 23:24 - Dec 10 with 733 viewsDr_Parnassus

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 14:43 - Dec 10 by AndyCole

Comparing and contrasting our investment profile over the past 3 terms is sobering. Chalk n cheese.

How on earth did Cooper achieve what he did, consistently on such a relative shoestring.

My concern is the potentially blind faith shown by (hapless) Winter in brand Martin. Especially if the rumours are true that we are currently forking out many more millions (net).

Just take a look at Liam Manning, MKDons boss (ex league 2, belgium, no senior managerial experience here) who has revolutionised Martin's ineffective mid table mediocrity, with pragmatism and common sense in mixing it up to deliver winning football.

Winter seems gullible, naive. Let's hope Martin hasn't charmed him into submission, and an open cheque book.

It really is shocking AC.

- Cooper 1.1m spend per season, while selling 50.3m of players along the way!! Overall value lost from his squad MINUS 48.3m .

- Potter's season - 6.4m spend, while selling 46.1m of players. Overall value lost from squad MINUS 39.7m .

- Martin's season - 4.9m spend, selling 4.1m worth of player. Essentially break even .

It is criminal how little Cooper was given to bring in his own players while regularly decimating the side, and then expecting to play champagne football. He had limited tools to work with, almost no help from above and managed back to back play offs.

Its truly incredible what he achieved, and I do sense a slight about turn in people now as they are starting to realise it.

Whether that's a result of what he has continued to do at Forest and improve his net points per game yet again, or the fact they are realising this Swansea management lark isn't as easy as they thought as we sit bottom half.

Either way I think he's slowly (and reluctantly) getting the respect his reign deserves.

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 09:40 - Dec 11 with 689 viewsmagicdaps10

Cooper brought in

Wilmot
Woodman
Kalulu
Surridge
Brewster
Guehi
Gallagher
Smith
Lowe
Joel L
Bennett
Gibbs White
Palmer
Gykores
Hourihane

A lot of money eavailable to Cooper was used to bring in loan players, I think some fans would have a shock in some fees spent on the players above we loaned.
One loan we had to actually pay a 6 six figure fee so a parent club could recall him and then pay another 6 figure fee to sign him.

The loans were becoming a massive issue, the reluctance from Cooper to sign permanent players and wanted to continue with loans was disturbing to the hierarchy. The club were not happy with the foundation being set by Cooper with his plan on loaning players and they wanted to push on with scouting players who they could develop...... Joel Piroe being an example, a player scouted by the club for a few years and an option that was turned down by Cooper but the club decided to pursue his signing without his agreement.

In a nutshell, Cooper done what was best for himself with no thought on the future of the club.

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 09:59 - Dec 11 with 682 viewsAndyCole

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 09:40 - Dec 11 by magicdaps10

Cooper brought in

Wilmot
Woodman
Kalulu
Surridge
Brewster
Guehi
Gallagher
Smith
Lowe
Joel L
Bennett
Gibbs White
Palmer
Gykores
Hourihane

A lot of money eavailable to Cooper was used to bring in loan players, I think some fans would have a shock in some fees spent on the players above we loaned.
One loan we had to actually pay a 6 six figure fee so a parent club could recall him and then pay another 6 figure fee to sign him.

The loans were becoming a massive issue, the reluctance from Cooper to sign permanent players and wanted to continue with loans was disturbing to the hierarchy. The club were not happy with the foundation being set by Cooper with his plan on loaning players and they wanted to push on with scouting players who they could develop...... Joel Piroe being an example, a player scouted by the club for a few years and an option that was turned down by Cooper but the club decided to pursue his signing without his agreement.

In a nutshell, Cooper done what was best for himself with no thought on the future of the club.

Get your facts right Daps, you continue to undermine your credibility with such rash statements.

Piroe signed to play for Cooper, having been eagerly pursued, with regular communication between the two over a 2 year period.

Your Happy Dapper Clapping brand is waning at a rate of knots, the more you continue to tie yourself up in knots.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:12 - Dec 11 with 669 viewsChief

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 09:40 - Dec 11 by magicdaps10

Cooper brought in

Wilmot
Woodman
Kalulu
Surridge
Brewster
Guehi
Gallagher
Smith
Lowe
Joel L
Bennett
Gibbs White
Palmer
Gykores
Hourihane

There's some accusations in there you've stated as fact, but do you actually know them to be true or are they just your opinion?

Did Cooper himself bring in Smith, Lowe, Bennett, Hourihane, Kalulu? They look like recruitment team signings to me.

I'm.a bit confused on the "we had to pay a 6 figure fee so a parent club could recall him" line. Why are we paying for parent clubs to recall players?

And I have to take issue with the bit where you blame Cooper for signing loan players as if that was entirely at his door. He couldn't personally sign off on a single one of those loan signings. While he probably identified & recommended most of them, Winter / Birch would have had to sign off on every single one of them. So the reliance on loans was far more of a club strategy than a manager strategy.

Keith stated on here the other day to my surprise that Piroe was identified by Cooper and was instrumental in him signing so that conflicts with a lot of what you've said too.

I think 99% of managers we've ever had would put themselves over the long term health of the club.

You seem to forget cooper stayed on for a few weeks knowing he was going to replaced to help the club through pre-season.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:21 - Dec 11 with 658 viewsDr_Parnassus

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:12 - Dec 11 by Chief

There's some accusations in there you've stated as fact, but do you actually know them to be true or are they just your opinion?

Did Cooper himself bring in Smith, Lowe, Bennett, Hourihane, Kalulu? They look like recruitment team signings to me.

I'm.a bit confused on the "we had to pay a 6 figure fee so a parent club could recall him" line. Why are we paying for parent clubs to recall players?

And I have to take issue with the bit where you blame Cooper for signing loan players as if that was entirely at his door. He couldn't personally sign off on a single one of those loan signings. While he probably identified & recommended most of them, Winter / Birch would have had to sign off on every single one of them. So the reliance on loans was far more of a club strategy than a manager strategy.

Keith stated on here the other day to my surprise that Piroe was identified by Cooper and was instrumental in him signing so that conflicts with a lot of what you've said too.

I think 99% of managers we've ever had would put themselves over the long term health of the club.

You seem to forget cooper stayed on for a few weeks knowing he was going to replaced to help the club through pre-season.

Indeed, it was a nonsense post from him but I’m sure he was well aware of that when he was typing it.

I love the fact he genuinely believes he was reluctant to bring in permanent players as opposed to being forced to sign loans due to us not making funds available.

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:24 - Dec 11 with 658 viewsChief

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:21 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, it was a nonsense post from him but I’m sure he was well aware of that when he was typing it.

I love the fact he genuinely believes he was reluctant to bring in permanent players as opposed to being forced to sign loans due to us not making funds available.

And let's face it, it's probably a major factor in Cooper getting the job.

A manager of England youth teams with a lot of highly rated youngsters coming of age at premier league teams needing game time. I think the board enjoyed the idea of us being able to exploit that conduit. I very much doubt Cooper got the job and then sprung it on the board he didn't want any permanent signings, just loans!

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:36 - Dec 11 with 646 viewsmagicdaps10

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:12 - Dec 11 by Chief

Fact.

Couldn't be 100% sure on that one.

Because Cooper wanted him and the club agreed to pay it after the parent club had put it into his contract when he signed for them.

Answered the questions in order for you chief.

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:38 - Dec 11 with 643 viewsmagicdaps10

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:21 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

He wanted certain players and they were only available for loan, he had the chance to use money for permanent signings but wanted the players he wanted.

Sorry it doesn't suit certain agendas but that's how it was.

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:42 - Dec 11 with 641 viewsChief

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:36 - Dec 11 by magicdaps10

Fact.

Couldn't be 100% sure on that one.

Because Cooper wanted him and the club agreed to pay it after the parent club had put it into his contract when he signed for them.

Answered the questions in order for you chief.

Well you're contradicting yourself already. By saying fact to the first bit which was me pointing out the statements portrayed as fact throughout the post, but then saying the next bit you couldn't be sure on.

What did they put into his contract? Charging us more even though they'd written in a recall clause!? And you don't think the club's financial and negotiating staff are culpable at all in agreeing that deal then!? Winter was more than happy to defy Cooper on other occasions (Peterson) so why not this time on this patently bad deal?

No response to the rest?

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:47 - Dec 11 with 640 viewsChief

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:38 - Dec 11 by magicdaps10

He wanted certain players and they were only available for loan, he had the chance to use money for permanent signings but wanted the players he wanted.

I doubt we'd have been able to afford any of them though? The only English youth prospects we've been able to sign permanently are Latibeaudiere and Whittaker, and it's obvious why their clubs let them go permanently.

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 12:03 - Dec 11 with 627 viewsDr_Parnassus

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:38 - Dec 11 by magicdaps10

You do know most of the loans were free right?

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 12:05 - Dec 11 with 626 viewsDr_Parnassus

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 10:24 - Dec 11 by Chief

And let's face it, it's probably a major factor in Cooper getting the job.

A manager of England youth teams with a lot of highly rated youngsters coming of age at premier league teams needing game time. I think the board enjoyed the idea of us being able to exploit that conduit. I very much doubt Cooper got the job and then sprung it on the board he didn't want any permanent signings, just loans!

Absolutely. After potter wasted £6m and us unable to shift Ayew, we had nothing much to give him, he fed off scraps.

The fact he made play offs back to back under worsening circumstances is ludicrous. He was a perfect fit for a club needing to rely on youth products, both our own and other clubs’.

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 12:30 - Dec 11 with 624 viewsChief

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 12:05 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Absolutely. After potter wasted £6m and us unable to shift Ayew, we had nothing much to give him, he fed off scraps.

The fact he made play offs back to back under worsening circumstances is ludicrous. He was a perfect fit for a club needing to rely on youth products, both our own and other clubs’.

Yea it seems very harsh that this is being pinned entirely on Cooper. I don't doubt he was a willing facilitator who presented the club with the opportunity to get these talented youngsters that we wouldn't be able to afford permanently & possibly even loan without him being there. But to me there's no doubt the club were fully complicit in the strategy.

I don't think it was a bad tactic by the club as such, a fairly intelligent way of getting to the riches of the premier league, fairly devoid of risk. It didn't work, but I don't blame them for trying, the plan got very close. Probably far closer than we'd have got signing permanent players for s similar outlay to the cost of the loans.

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 12:35 - Dec 11 with 621 viewsDr_Parnassus

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 12:30 - Dec 11 by Chief

Yea it seems very harsh that this is being pinned entirely on Cooper. I don't doubt he was a willing facilitator who presented the club with the opportunity to get these talented youngsters that we wouldn't be able to afford permanently & possibly even loan without him being there. But to me there's no doubt the club were fully complicit in the strategy.

I don't think it was a bad tactic by the club as such, a fairly intelligent way of getting to the riches of the premier league, fairly devoid of risk. It didn't work, but I don't blame them for trying, the plan got very close. Probably far closer than we'd have got signing permanent players for s similar outlay to the cost of the loans.

Exactly, no different to us getting the likes of Laird from Man Utd and Williams from Liverpool this season. Except we have given £5m in transfer fees too to add to them.

I expect more loan signings in January too.

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 08:21 - Dec 13 with 533 viewsYrAlarch

When Steve Cooper wasn’t flavour of the month at Swansea City, short memory jo on 18:32 - Dec 8 by onehunglow

Steve did nothing to help us expand our brand a he was so ugly.No offence Steve but he could stand in a farmer field with a straw hat and earn a good living .Horrendous to look at for female fans and a shockingly bad dresser too.
At least Russ is prettier although he parts his hair to the right so obviously a wrong un.

No offence

So, on the basis of that analysis, would you like George Clooney to take over as our Manager?
Frankly, I think the Forest fans are quite happy with Cooper's appearance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024