Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People's first game? 08:02 - Mar 2 with 2556 viewsmagicdaps10

Not done for a while.

Opposition?
Score?
Scorers?
How old you were?
Any memories from the game?

Aldershot
1-0
Peter Bodak
Oinkment, the smell of Oinkment and the bomber jackets the players were wearing. Went in the East stand and like Alec Guinness to Mark Hamill, down there is the North Bank, you won't meet a more vile or traitorous group of people......its great there, when you're 10 we will start going there PLUS its cheaper 😊😂

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

People's first game? on 19:19 - Mar 2 with 926 viewsKeithHaynes

People's first game? on 17:45 - Mar 2 by magicdaps10

Anyone know why Swansea Valley jack?
Reason I ask, for some reason he down arrowed my initial post!

Very strange indeed as please correct me if you think otherwise, I think the post was a decent post and just trying to discourage posters arguing with something that we could all be brought together with.

It happens quite a bit, fat fingers etc.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

People's first game? on 20:13 - Mar 2 with 891 viewsmagicdaps10

People's first game? on 19:19 - Mar 2 by KeithHaynes

It happens quite a bit, fat fingers etc.

👍

Might be a eyesight thing also judging by the year of their first game with some 😉😂

People's first game? on 20:19 - Mar 2 with 881 viewsbuilthjack

Hartlepool. David Gwyther up top. Brian Evans. I think Millington in goal.
Double decker, Stamping feet. Prisoners peeping through the bars trying to see the game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

People's first game? on 21:33 - Mar 2 with 860 viewsGixerJack

Dude, I’m nearly 60, I don’t always remember to zip up after having a pee.

83/84 season can’t remember who we played or the score. Don’t imagine it was a win as we were relegated again
People's first game? on 22:34 - Mar 2 with 834 viewsbuilthjack

People's first game? on 21:33 - Mar 2 by GixerJack

Dude, I’m nearly 60, I don’t always remember to zip up after having a pee.

83/84 season can’t remember who we played or the score. Don’t imagine it was a win as we were relegated again

Late starter Gix?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

People's first game? on 23:04 - Mar 2 with 817 viewshectorshouse

1974 or 5, Herbie Williams' testimonial. Aged 9 or 10. Been a few times before but remember that game for some of the stars playing, several of whom went on to play for the Swans, Jimmy Rimmer, Leighton James, John Mahoney
People's first game? on 03:18 - Mar 3 with 788 viewsGixerJack

People's first game? on 22:34 - Mar 2 by builthjack

Late starter Gix?

Yup, grew up watching it on TV then started playing so I used to train twice a week and play at 3 O’clock on Saturdays so didn’t really get into watching until an old girlfriends brother dragged me along just as the slide back down the divisions started.

It was the atmosphere that got me hooked more than the football in those days.
People's first game? on 09:28 - Mar 3 with 757 viewsCatullus

People's first game? on 15:49 - Mar 2 by Treforys_Jack

I saw a few I've no memory of, the 1st I remember vividly was the Harry Griffiths testimonial/memorial game v Everton 4 - 4 , underneath the old DD.

Just a few, I have a few I do remember but most of them are lost in the fog of time. I have a vague recall when people talk about it and when I see stuff on tv but most of it is gone.

Some things I thought I remembered are actually hybrids of events at different times smushed together.

I remember Preston away to go up to the old 1st. I remember Leeds at home, Liverpool, Chelsea (when jimmy scored ) Manyoo. I remember missing the Spurs game because I was ill.
Even our recent EPL games have faded badly.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

People's first game? on 09:47 - Mar 3 with 744 viewsonehunglow

People's first game? on 09:28 - Mar 3 by Catullus

Just a few, I have a few I do remember but most of them are lost in the fog of time. I have a vague recall when people talk about it and when I see stuff on tv but most of it is gone.

Some things I thought I remembered are actually hybrids of events at different times smushed together.

I remember Preston away to go up to the old 1st. I remember Leeds at home, Liverpool, Chelsea (when jimmy scored ) Manyoo. I remember missing the Spurs game because I was ill.
Even our recent EPL games have faded badly.

Our recent seasons are best forgotten ,Cat.
I do my best to do so.
This current incarnation set up is set for delete asap.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

People's first game? on 10:44 - Mar 3 with 725 viewslifelong

People's first game? on 09:47 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

I do my best to do so.

I just can’t understand why you come out with something like that?

Our recent seasons have been some of the best seasons in the history of the club. Why do you have to be so bloody negative all the time?
People's first game? on 12:12 - Mar 3 with 701 viewsSTID2017

People's first game? on 10:44 - Mar 3 by lifelong

I just can’t understand why you come out with something like that?

Our recent seasons have been some of the best seasons in the history of the club. Why do you have to be so bloody negative all the time?

The seasons since survival against Hull through until a little after Laudrup left were great.
Since then there have been lots of ups and downs but at the end we are still a Mid Championship team, so lots to be thankful for.
I agree, I wouldn't want to erase the many good times with the bad

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

People's first game? on 12:47 - Mar 3 with 694 viewsgrabsplatter

73/74 season but can't remember the game, I was 9.

I definitely went to the Workington game in January 74, a league game on a Sunday!
My first game would have been late 73, I did have a programme but I gave all my old ones away years ago. All I remember was that we lost the game.
People's first game? on 13:02 - Mar 3 with 688 viewsmagicdaps10

People's first game? on 12:12 - Mar 3 by STID2017

The seasons since survival against Hull through until a little after Laudrup left were great.
Since then there have been lots of ups and downs but at the end we are still a Mid Championship team, so lots to be thankful for.
I agree, I wouldn't want to erase the many good times with the bad

Where we are now is probably what we are a football club all in.

Would have dreamt about this years ago.

People's first game? on 14:47 - Mar 3 with 663 viewsSTID2017

People's first game? on 13:02 - Mar 3 by magicdaps10

Where we are now is probably what we are a football club all in.

Would have dreamt about this years ago.

I posted a little while ago how thrilled as supporters we were in 1979 to get back to "our rightful place" - the Second Division - after 14 years ( as a 17 year old then, all of my memories had been of the third and fourth divisions)
Tosh had other ideas - and said so !
Bar the 9 years at the top table, we have been at this level or lower.
So I agree seems our natural place

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

People's first game? on 09:12 - Mar 6 with 583 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In the centre stand for me vs Bradford City home 1977 I think? Either the floodlights failed or fog got so bad they abandoned the game with the Swans beating the high fliers one nil at the time. At around 8 years old i found it overwhelming, the noise and atmosphere raucous and the smell of pipe and cigar smoke, no til and the smell of the bogs still lives with me now.

Look how far we’ve come though.

My father wanted to take me to ninnian for a game before this but my mother rightfully made the header see reason lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

People's first game? on 09:25 - Mar 6 with 577 viewsbuilthjack

People's first game? on 09:47 - Mar 3 by onehunglow

I do my best to do so.

Go and support Tranmere.

People's first game? on 09:33 - Mar 6 with 568 viewsBrynmill_Jack

People's first game? on 09:25 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Go and support Tranmere.

Indeed. Joining their message board while he’s at it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024