Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? 10:37 - Jul 25 with 11573 viewsCatullus

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 19:14 - Jul 25 with 1709 viewsdeanscfc

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 19:06 - Jul 25 by Jack123

Are they spreading propaganda or just venting their feelings on the subject? I haven't read the thread in depth, but it seems their viewpoint to me.

I must admit, I haven't a clue who is at fault for this war, read a few articles the other night, and after reading that I came to the impression that it was Americas fault and Nato for putting Ukraine into the position it's in now, if I remember this particular article was saying what's happened here is very similar to the cuban crisis, which was resolved peacefully. I'll have to read a bit more about it.

Sigh. Read the last 5-6 pages of the thread. They are absolutely deliberately posting misinformation. Several times it has been corrected and the lies keep coming.

Better still just to speak to any Ukrainian person. Beyond me that people 'don't know who's fault' the Russian invasion is at this point.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 19:18]
Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 19:38 - Jul 25 with 1666 viewsJack123

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 19:14 - Jul 25 by deanscfc

Sigh. Read the last 5-6 pages of the thread. They are absolutely deliberately posting misinformation. Several times it has been corrected and the lies keep coming.

Better still just to speak to any Ukrainian person. Beyond me that people 'don't know who's fault' the Russian invasion is at this point.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 19:18]

Fair enough, I'm only saying that I would have to read up a bit more on the subject, before agreeing or disagreeing with anyone.. I don't watch the news very often, but when I do, they never really say the history of the conflict.

libera nos a malo

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 19:41 - Jul 25 with 1669 viewsdeanscfc

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 19:38 - Jul 25 by Jack123

Fair enough, I'm only saying that I would have to read up a bit more on the subject, before agreeing or disagreeing with anyone.. I don't watch the news very often, but when I do, they never really say the history of the conflict.

OK. I would recommend videos from Russian State controlled TV as a good starting point. When you see them talk about wiping Ukraine off the map and taking back land they believe is theirs among some more awful things like using Ukrainian children's toys as weapons (I'm not making it up) then you should get a feel for things.
Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 21:20 - Jul 25 with 1615 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 15:20 - Jul 25 by Catullus

Most people just don't care about Brynnie and CJ's opinions. Maybe, as I suggested, the ignore button is the best way to go.

To my way of thinking. constantly answering them is giving them the oxygen they need, thy know their vews are being seen.

For a less stressful life just hit ignore! It works for me.

Or create a thread trying to ban them

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 21:21 - Jul 25 with 1622 viewsbritferry

I'm not reading 109 pages to find out what they said

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 21:23 - Jul 25 with 1614 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 10:37 - Jul 25 by Catullus

Lets see if anyone cares enough!

You post this and two posts down say “I don’t care”.
You’re mixed up aren’t you.

By the way you should start the thread title with “Easily” as you most definitely are. So much emotion on this subject but precious little logic.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 23:15 - Jul 25 with 1572 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 21:21 - Jul 25 by britferry

I'm not reading 109 pages to find out what they said

Just do a massive shit in your hands and start clapping. You’ll soon get the jist of what they said.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 09:20 - Jul 26 with 1504 viewsraynor94

Contro, not surprised at all, but Bryn's opinion has really thrown me

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 10:41 - Jul 26 with 1457 viewscontroversial_jack

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 09:20 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Contro, not surprised at all, but Bryn's opinion has really thrown me

No idea what that means. I don't have opinions i have considered educated views
Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 11:12 - Jul 26 with 1453 viewsCatullus

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 21:23 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

You post this and two posts down say “I don’t care”.
You’re mixed up aren’t you.

By the way you should start the thread title with “Easily” as you most definitely are. So much emotion on this subject but precious little logic.

I logged off so I could see what you said and it's no surprise that even compared to me your comprehension is badly lacking.

1, I didn't start this thread to get anyone banned, show me where I have asked for that.

2, This post was created to see how people felt about that thread. Most people either hadnt noticed or don't care.

3, You are on ignore, as is Contro, because I no longer wanted to read your disgusting opinions. As such I no longer care what vie musings you post.

4, Freedom of speech is a double edged sword, it gives you the right to spout your vile opinions BUT it also shows the restof the world exactly what you are.

5, You are right about precious little logic just AGAIN sadly lacking in comprehension about who is being illogical.

6, Carry on now, keep on spouting your disgusting views so the world knows what you are. Personally I consider myself lucky not to have a clue who you are, I hope I never do.

7, Serious question now, do you think that the Englsih invaded Wales when they sent thousands of troops across the border in 1277? Just for context, because most sensible people would not understand how anyone can deny an invasion has happened when one country sends tens of thousands of troops with armoured vehicles and air support (plus a naval blockade) into another sovereign state to be anything other than an invasion.

8, You think I'm easily offended, go find a Ukrainian and show them your posts then see what true offence is, would you be offended if a Ukrainian put you in hospital because of the things you say?

Its quite possible you will reply with something pithy that's meant to be insulting but don't bother because I won't read it and besides, I won't be insulted by anything someone like you has to say. You are beneath contempt, you even manage to make me look clever!

Goodbye.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 11:26]

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 11:21 - Jul 26 with 1450 viewsCatullus

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 11:06 - Jul 25 by controversial_jack

That surprised you didn't it. It proves that the other posters are more worldly and honest than you with your closed mind.

No, it didn't surprise me. I would have been surprised if several others had said that, but not Kerouac, not about this subject.

Part of the reason you are on ignore (apart from when I logged off to read the full thread) is because, as I have accused you of before, you don't really believe what you are posting. You are deliberately being controversial for the wind up which is worse than and even more pathetic than BJ

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 11:43 - Jul 26 with 1438 viewsdeanscfc

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 11:12 - Jul 26 by Catullus

I logged off so I could see what you said and it's no surprise that even compared to me your comprehension is badly lacking.

1, I didn't start this thread to get anyone banned, show me where I have asked for that.

2, This post was created to see how people felt about that thread. Most people either hadnt noticed or don't care.

3, You are on ignore, as is Contro, because I no longer wanted to read your disgusting opinions. As such I no longer care what vie musings you post.

4, Freedom of speech is a double edged sword, it gives you the right to spout your vile opinions BUT it also shows the restof the world exactly what you are.

5, You are right about precious little logic just AGAIN sadly lacking in comprehension about who is being illogical.

6, Carry on now, keep on spouting your disgusting views so the world knows what you are. Personally I consider myself lucky not to have a clue who you are, I hope I never do.

7, Serious question now, do you think that the Englsih invaded Wales when they sent thousands of troops across the border in 1277? Just for context, because most sensible people would not understand how anyone can deny an invasion has happened when one country sends tens of thousands of troops with armoured vehicles and air support (plus a naval blockade) into another sovereign state to be anything other than an invasion.

8, You think I'm easily offended, go find a Ukrainian and show them your posts then see what true offence is, would you be offended if a Ukrainian put you in hospital because of the things you say?

Its quite possible you will reply with something pithy that's meant to be insulting but don't bother because I won't read it and besides, I won't be insulted by anything someone like you has to say. You are beneath contempt, you even manage to make me look clever!

Goodbye.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 11:26]

Well said.
Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 11:46 - Jul 26 with 1436 viewsCatullus

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 18:46 - Jul 25 by Sirjohnalot

Can someone more enlightened than me explain why what we and the Germans did in the war, bombing cities, targeting civilians wasn't a war crime. London and Dresden eg.

Was that a thing back then ?

Obviously nobody can because what Bomber Harris ordered in WW2 would see him up in court today.

The rules about war crimes get updated periodically, as do (I know I don't have to tell you, of all people this) all laws.

It wasn't just Dresden, the Allies destroyed 61 German cities in "terror bombing" raids killing over 2000,000 civilians, surely all were war crimes? Hamburg is often considered a viable target but still...

https://www.history.co.uk/shows/al-murray-why-does-everyone-hate-the-english/art

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 12:37 - Jul 26 with 1425 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 11:46 - Jul 26 by Catullus

Obviously nobody can because what Bomber Harris ordered in WW2 would see him up in court today.

The rules about war crimes get updated periodically, as do (I know I don't have to tell you, of all people this) all laws.

It wasn't just Dresden, the Allies destroyed 61 German cities in "terror bombing" raids killing over 2000,000 civilians, surely all were war crimes? Hamburg is often considered a viable target but still...

https://www.history.co.uk/shows/al-murray-why-does-everyone-hate-the-english/art

Yeah it wasn’t until the Geneva convention in 1949 that brought the treatment of civilians, POW’s and other non combatants into more sharp focus. Earlier treaties were more about rules on the battlefield regarding mustard gas and nerve agents etc.

Again as I’ve said before, these international treaties are virtually worthless unless everyone enters in good faith and are willing to stick to the rules. There’s no way of really enforcing them. Pc Plod is not going to be knocking on the door of the Kremlin and taking Putin down the station at any time soon. Although if the rumours swirling around today are true, the Grim Reaper might be paying a visit instead. Let’s hope so.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 12:38]

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 13:31 - Jul 26 with 1400 viewsraynor94

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 10:41 - Jul 26 by controversial_jack

No idea what that means. I don't have opinions i have considered educated views

Even you can't have that much of a Rhino hide.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 13:48 - Jul 26 with 1386 viewsonehunglow

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 11:21 - Jul 26 by Catullus

No, it didn't surprise me. I would have been surprised if several others had said that, but not Kerouac, not about this subject.

Part of the reason you are on ignore (apart from when I logged off to read the full thread) is because, as I have accused you of before, you don't really believe what you are posting. You are deliberately being controversial for the wind up which is worse than and even more pathetic than BJ

I agree
I do not believe contro and Steve from Brynmill support a venomous Russian regime.
I'm a good judge of character ,arent I ,dopey or not.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 15:14 - Jul 26 with 1368 viewsdeanscfc

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 13:48 - Jul 26 by onehunglow

I agree
I do not believe contro and Steve from Brynmill support a venomous Russian regime.
I'm a good judge of character ,arent I ,dopey or not.

You'd be surprised. It's become quite a common thing among far left groups. Both the far right (especially in the US) and the far left (in a lot of places) have way too many Russian apologists. Many will profess to be all about peace, love and kindness but actually they just support (either explicitly or implicitly) a different type of brutality. Some of the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen exist within the far left.
Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 15:31 - Jul 26 with 1363 viewsCatullus

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 15:14 - Jul 26 by deanscfc

You'd be surprised. It's become quite a common thing among far left groups. Both the far right (especially in the US) and the far left (in a lot of places) have way too many Russian apologists. Many will profess to be all about peace, love and kindness but actually they just support (either explicitly or implicitly) a different type of brutality. Some of the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen exist within the far left.

There are those on here who, if you are not as far to the left or right as them, see you as obviously being on the other end of the scale, I've had many antagonistc posts calling me a tory, as if that in itself is an insult though obviously it is in some peoples minds.

I am slightly left of centre but see plenty of right wing ideas I can agree with, at least in part.

Trampie often calls me a tory and builthy too has, possibly because I dare to criticse Labour. it seems to some you are not allowed to criticse who they support, if you criticse Labour you must be tory.

It makes no sense to me, I'm a floating voter and have been since Tony Blair. Until him I would have said I was a Labour voter but even so, I would still criticise labour when I felt justified.

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 16:06 - Jul 26 with 1349 viewsdeanscfc

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 15:31 - Jul 26 by Catullus

There are those on here who, if you are not as far to the left or right as them, see you as obviously being on the other end of the scale, I've had many antagonistc posts calling me a tory, as if that in itself is an insult though obviously it is in some peoples minds.

I am slightly left of centre but see plenty of right wing ideas I can agree with, at least in part.

Trampie often calls me a tory and builthy too has, possibly because I dare to criticse Labour. it seems to some you are not allowed to criticse who they support, if you criticse Labour you must be tory.

It makes no sense to me, I'm a floating voter and have been since Tony Blair. Until him I would have said I was a Labour voter but even so, I would still criticise labour when I felt justified.

Same pretty much. I'm somewhere in the centre, although on Brexit I am pretty strongly in the remain camp and think that decision has harmed our politics immeasurably. Aside from that I am to the left on some issues (more economically left) and a bit more towards the centre socially (i.e. I think identity politics for some on the left has become an obsession which is very divisive and damaging).
Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 16:10 - Jul 26 with 1345 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 16:06 - Jul 26 by deanscfc

Same pretty much. I'm somewhere in the centre, although on Brexit I am pretty strongly in the remain camp and think that decision has harmed our politics immeasurably. Aside from that I am to the left on some issues (more economically left) and a bit more towards the centre socially (i.e. I think identity politics for some on the left has become an obsession which is very divisive and damaging).

Any sort of resistance to the identity politics bollocks firmly lands you in the far right evil bigot category these days to many.

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 16:42 - Jul 26 with 1330 viewstrampie

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 16:06 - Jul 26 by deanscfc

Labour are traitors to the poor and working class, the forefathers of Labour will be turning in their graves at them becoming another Tory party.
Labour abandoned socialism, they are not the party of the unemployed or people on benefits as they recently told us and as Margaret Thatcher told us her greatest achievement was creating NuLabour (because they are right wing).

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 16:43 - Jul 26 with 1329 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 16:42 - Jul 26 by trampie

Labour are traitors to the poor and working class, the forefathers of Labour will be turning in their graves at them becoming another Tory party.
Labour abandoned socialism, they are not the party of the unemployed or people on benefits as they recently told us and as Margaret Thatcher told us her greatest achievement was creating NuLabour (because they are right wing).

For once we agree.

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 17:34 - Jul 26 with 1305 viewsonehunglow

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 16:43 - Jul 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

For once we agree.

I’m all over the place e Joesus.

I’m class free so I’m farmed as to what camp I should be in.

Traitors ….Dear God .

Bash a Saes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 17:49 - Jul 26 with 1301 viewsBryanSwan

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 15:31 - Jul 26 by Catullus

To be fair, Starmers lastest little five principles are decidedly conservative.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 18:44 - Jul 26 with 1259 viewsCatullus

Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread? on 17:49 - Jul 26 by BryanSwan

To be fair, Starmers lastest little five principles are decidedly conservative.

I haven't seen them. Labour are definitely not as left as in years gone by. Thing is, shouldn't policy be what is right and good and best for the country no matter if it's considered left or right?

I'm not really a fan of this broad based party system either. The tories get in and deconstruct what Labour did, then Labour get in na drepeat that in reverse. Our governments spend too much time tearing stuff down and not enough time building up.

Here's a radical thought, what if we abolished party's and said every MP was an independent who, when elections came around had to stand soleley on what they believed in, What if the PM had to be an MP, At a GE anybody standing for MP had to declare if they wanted to stand for PM too. After the GE the MP's chose a new PM with a 4 week limit and they do it along the lines of the current party voting system. You need to gain other MP's support and there are votes until the last person standing becomes PM who then has a week to choose their Cabinet. The previous PM and Cabinet stay in place until the process is done.
Then every vote in Parliament is a free vote, no whips.

If we did away with Labour and Tory and all the other party's, did away with all the childish bickering, could things improve?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024