Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? 15:14 - Jul 28 with 2410 viewsKerouac

It was just humour.
Why remove it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 16:22 - Jul 28 with 2358 viewsonehunglow

I posted on it so it’s not inconceivable I might have contributed.
Couldn’t see the offence whereas I can in many other threads but it’s down to the Mods and that is it.
The other one went too. His Masters Voice .
[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 16:23]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 16:24 - Jul 28 with 2349 viewsSirjohnalot

I’ve not seen it, so can’t comment, sorry
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 16:27 - Jul 28 with 2343 viewsKerouac

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 16:24 - Jul 28 by Sirjohnalot

I’ve not seen it, so can’t comment, sorry

Is it possible to get an explanation, so that everybody who posts on the board are clear about what the rules are?

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 16:32 - Jul 28 with 2334 viewsSirjohnalot

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 16:27 - Jul 28 by Kerouac

Is it possible to get an explanation, so that everybody who posts on the board are clear about what the rules are?

Of course I’ll ask.
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 16:34 - Jul 28 with 2330 viewsonehunglow

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 16:32 - Jul 28 by Sirjohnalot

Of course I’ll ask.

K posted one that was certain to be dumped but the intelligence one was benign.

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 21:30 - Jul 28 with 2251 viewsKerouac

Any answers?
Somebody deleted it. Is it too much to ask for an explanation?

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 21:34 - Jul 28 with 2243 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/287522/please-post-resp

I’m afraid that more thought has to be put in to threads. There are a couple of idiots still out there obsessed with this website. I’m not going in to any further discussion on ‘reasons’ etc.

I also removed the caption thread, the one I started.

TBH its easier to just remove a thread that takes up so much time to respond to at times. The faceless few will most certainly get their opportunity to explain themselves when they are not hiding behind a computer. And I’ll leave it there.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 21:57 - Jul 28 with 2192 viewsCountyJim

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 21:34 - Jul 28 by KeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/287522/please-post-resp

I’m afraid that more thought has to be put in to threads. There are a couple of idiots still out there obsessed with this website. I’m not going in to any further discussion on ‘reasons’ etc.

I also removed the caption thread, the one I started.

TBH its easier to just remove a thread that takes up so much time to respond to at times. The faceless few will most certainly get their opportunity to explain themselves when they are not hiding behind a computer. And I’ll leave it there.

I used to moderate on a forum thankless task

Wouldn't it be better just to remove offending posts to room 101 rather than get rid of all the thread that way you won't get accused of stopping free speech
Login to get fewer ads

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 22:00 - Jul 28 with 2186 viewsSirjohnalot

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 21:57 - Jul 28 by CountyJim

I used to moderate on a forum thankless task

Wouldn't it be better just to remove offending posts to room 101 rather than get rid of all the thread that way you won't get accused of stopping free speech

Part of the reason is to protect the integrity of the site. Doing that won’t do that and will severely damage it
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 22:03 - Jul 28 with 2183 viewsCountyJim

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 22:00 - Jul 28 by Sirjohnalot

Part of the reason is to protect the integrity of the site. Doing that won’t do that and will severely damage it

Don't get that just an example if I abused you now wouldn't it be better to remove my post deal with me IE banning or warning everyone else can get on with the debate sorted
[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 22:04]
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 23:00 - Jul 28 with 2143 viewsSirjohnalot

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 22:03 - Jul 28 by CountyJim

Don't get that just an example if I abused you now wouldn't it be better to remove my post deal with me IE banning or warning everyone else can get on with the debate sorted
[Post edited 28 Jul 2022 22:04]

Maybe, but sometimes, the whole thread gets so toxic it’s easier to remove the whole thing.

On that point, I wouldn’t remove someone for abusing me, or remove their post, I’d leave that to someone else. Don’t think that would be right.
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 08:30 - Jul 29 with 2073 viewsonehunglow

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 23:00 - Jul 28 by Sirjohnalot

Maybe, but sometimes, the whole thread gets so toxic it’s easier to remove the whole thing.

On that point, I wouldn’t remove someone for abusing me, or remove their post, I’d leave that to someone else. Don’t think that would be right.

Morning Jon.
This is interesting as it affect everything on this site.
Clearly,people are offended by various subjects and go off on one .

K has seen his backside as have I over many posting topics and it all depends on the subject matter really.

Ive said many time free speech is a misnomer.You can't have it especially these days.Anyone believing we really do have free speech is nuts.

One can also post filth intelligently and articulately. My own view is we are offended ,as a group ,over entirely the wrong things,mundane matters that really are not significant in the grand scheme of things.

We on on the cusp of a new season. You're going to be busy Jon if what I foresee comes to pass.

"Not Guilty"

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 09:16 - Jul 29 with 2047 viewsSirjohnalot

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 08:30 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

Morning Jon.

K has seen his backside as have I over many posting topics and it all depends on the subject matter really.

Ive said many time free speech is a misnomer.You can't have it especially these days.Anyone believing we really do have free speech is nuts.

One can also post filth intelligently and articulately. My own view is we are offended ,as a group ,over entirely the wrong things,mundane matters that really are not significant in the grand scheme of things.

We on on the cusp of a new season. You're going to be busy Jon if what I foresee comes to pass.

"Not Guilty"

Unfortunately my work comes first. Stuff will get missed, stuff will be kept on that should go and inevitably I’ll probably wrongly remove things that I shouldn’t. People, ultimately need to think before they post about how it affects the charity element of this site, which is why it’s been set up in the first place.

People can disagree passionately but, I don’t understand why folk feel the need to become personal or post clearly offensive material. Freedom of speech doesn’t stretch to a website where there are rules to protect the reputation of it, otherwise it would be full of abuse, which isn’t good for anyone

Everyone knows where the boundaries are, some purposely jump over that. Like I said, I really couldn’t care less if anyone rips into me and goes OTT against me, doesn’t bother me, and it would be wrong of me to kick someone out for that.

Recently, there’s been great examples of debates on here which were passionately argued but didn’t have the silly personal insults. All for that.

It’s not hard. Just respectfully disagree
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 19:03 - Jul 29 with 1977 viewsshingle

But many of us including myself on numerous occasions find it difficult to post intelligently, maybe that is why it has been removed as it is seen as a slur on these very posters so my conclusion to this is that the thread starter is not intelligent enough for that reason to enter his mindset.
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 20:01 - Jul 29 with 1947 viewsSirjohnalot

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 19:03 - Jul 29 by shingle

But many of us including myself on numerous occasions find it difficult to post intelligently, maybe that is why it has been removed as it is seen as a slur on these very posters so my conclusion to this is that the thread starter is not intelligent enough for that reason to enter his mindset.

I wish I was clever enough to get that : )
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 20:16 - Jul 29 with 1932 viewsonehunglow

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 20:01 - Jul 29 by Sirjohnalot

A lot to be said for posting twp.

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 18:54 - Jul 30 with 1846 viewsshingle

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 20:01 - Jul 29 by Sirjohnalot

Oh dear has my comment confused you a little, and you sir are a Barrister, no wonder i got off with doing a couple of illegal things i really should not have got off with during my mischievous years.
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 19:22 - Jul 30 with 1824 viewsSirjohnalot

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 18:54 - Jul 30 by shingle

Oh dear has my comment confused you a little, and you sir are a Barrister, no wonder i got off with doing a couple of illegal things i really should not have got off with during my mischievous years.

I turn my brain off during the evening and weekends, probably why I’m so optimistic about Swansea
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 19:26 - Jul 30 with 1820 viewsJack123

I got it, took a few attempts though.

libera nos a malo

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 13:20 - Jul 31 with 1723 viewsonehunglow

Twp is the way forward

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 18:54 - Jul 31 with 1684 viewsshingle

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 13:20 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

Twp is the way forward

Yep it is especially for those who struggle with the simple task of logging on to a game, no names mentioned of course.
Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 18:55 - Jul 31 with 1682 viewsonehunglow

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 18:54 - Jul 31 by shingle

Yep it is especially for those who struggle with the simple task of logging on to a game, no names mentioned of course.

Love that .

How are you on Suspended chords

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 23:11 - Aug 1 with 1574 viewsKeithHaynes

Where has my 'Please post intelligently' thread gone? on 08:30 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

Morning Jon.

"Not Guilty"

I usually see my backside after connection and spinning round due to the velocity. 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024