Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Deadline Day 10:33 - Sep 1 with 9329 viewsHullDale

Transfer Deadline Day on 23:08 - Sep 1 with 2014 views49thseason

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:40 - Sep 1 by Brierls

Charman made 20 appearances for Dale last season (10 from the start, 10 as sub) and scored in one of those appearances.

He made 7 appearances for Darlo before joining Dale last season and scored in six of those seven appearances.

Those are the stats, but obviously we can form our own opinions on how he played. I thought he ran his balls off, but lacked quality with his touch and finding another Dale shirt when attempting a pass. He looked sharper in his earlier appearances than later, which I put down to him (his body) adjusting back to full time football and a lack of confidence after not finding the back of the net. He was more Donnelly than Beesley.

He struggled with the step up.

I hope he does get a chance to show EBJ what he can do and smashes it, he was the January signing I was most excited about. I just don't see where that chance is coming from with the other players in the squad.

Unfortunately we were not setup to score goals last season. Most games we struggled to get out of our own half. Charman seems like someone with a talent that can be used more effectively than Stockdale and Shan ever managed bring out, perhaps a more attacking stance in the whole club will give all the strikers a lift. Imagine having Rodney and Quigley hammering defences for an hour and then subbing on on a fit Charman and Campbell.... time will tell.
Transfer Deadline Day on 05:41 - Sep 2 with 1628 viewsHullDale

Transfer Deadline Day on 09:18 - Sep 2 with 1256 viewsjonahwhereru

The one player picked up by a rival that I would like to have come to us is Matty Longstaff going to Colchester. Would like White to stay fit so we can utilise both Odoh and Keohane as midfield options. Mind SJ is becoming increasingly injury prone himself.
Harrogate certainly rolled the dice bringing in four players yesterday. I try not to look over my shoulder but can’t resist it. Just hope we have enough to get us through to the next window, and that some of the fringe players have created interest from other clubs to allow for EBJ to loan a couple out and do more shape shifting.
Transfer Deadline Day on 09:47 - Sep 2 with 1168 viewsAtThePeake

Transfer Deadline Day on 23:08 - Sep 1 by 49thseason

Unfortunately we were not setup to score goals last season. Most games we struggled to get out of our own half. Charman seems like someone with a talent that can be used more effectively than Stockdale and Shan ever managed bring out, perhaps a more attacking stance in the whole club will give all the strikers a lift. Imagine having Rodney and Quigley hammering defences for an hour and then subbing on on a fit Charman and Campbell.... time will tell.

Didn't we rank really highly for chances created last season?

Tangled up in blue.

Transfer Deadline Day on 10:10 - Sep 2 with 1102 viewsNorthernDale

Did the loan window end yesterday or not? If not, we get somebody in on loan, but are we not at the maximum that can be used in a match day squad already.

If that is the case, we may have to look at free agents, depending on our remaining budget. So JB may have a couple of names in mind and I agree we need to strengthen the midfield by adding a Lund type player to add a bit of steel to the midfield. In terms of numbers our midfield is quite big, in that we have Malley, Ball, Brierley, Diagouraga, Kelly, Scanlon, and in theory Tulloch, Keohane, and on the wing Odoh and Seriki, but we are just missing a leader in this position.

It would be interesting to see an update on how long it will be before Keohane, Charman and Campbell return to the first team, are they back in training?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024