Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton’s pitch 14:51 - Oct 13 with 7402 viewsqpr1976

They have ‘narrowed’ their pitch in readiness for Saturday’s game. Bu at least a yard either side.

Not sure if it will make much difference as Willock out, but they obviously have a plan.

So if anyone has comms lines to MB or our coaches…..!?
Luton’s pitch on 14:13 - Oct 14 with 1829 viewsflynnbo

Luton’s pitch on 14:08 - Oct 14 by PinnerPaul

Its easy to see if a pitch is narrower, as the 10 yard mark from the corner arc will be in a different place in relation to the edge of the penalty area.

As above, if you're not allowed to do it, I really can't see how Luton or anyone else would get away with changing the pitch size every now and then.

Another giveaway would be the worn area where the ARs run would obviously show where the pitch had been narrowed.

Can't see it myself.

Love your last two paragraphs coming from a ref!
Luton’s pitch on 17:31 - Oct 14 with 1651 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton’s pitch on 09:42 - Oct 14 by francisbowles

Yes well done. Question for Pinner, if they have narrowed the pitch and it's brought to his attention, can Mr Harrington order them to remark the lines in the correct place before kick off?

Well no I don't think so. As long as pitch was within legal limits as per LOTG. The no change to pitch size is a competition rule obviously, so he would just report afterwards I would say.

How would he know they had changed it, unless it was obvious because of my reasons above?

That's not gospel though, other refs have different ideas - most on RefChat would NOT have played the Cardiff/Wigan game.
Luton’s pitch on 17:34 - Oct 14 with 1646 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton’s pitch on 14:13 - Oct 14 by flynnbo

Love your last two paragraphs coming from a ref!

Mrs Pinner often says "Are you blind ref?" when I've missed some domestic trivia or other!
Luton’s pitch on 18:31 - Oct 14 with 1577 viewsTacticalR

Wasn't Beale talking about making the pitch large and small? Or was that something different?

Air hostess clique

Luton’s pitch on 09:52 - Oct 15 with 1371 viewsfrancisbowles

Luton’s pitch on 17:31 - Oct 14 by PinnerPaul

Well no I don't think so. As long as pitch was within legal limits as per LOTG. The no change to pitch size is a competition rule obviously, so he would just report afterwards I would say.

How would he know they had changed it, unless it was obvious because of my reasons above?

That's not gospel though, other refs have different ideas - most on RefChat would NOT have played the Cardiff/Wigan game.

Thanks Pinner, I agree that would probably be the correct process, but I'd love to see the groundsman sweating to remark and rub out the lines in the hour before kick off. Nathan Jones might be off his Christmas card list!

Then there's the manager trying to squirm through questions on it at the post match press conference.

'Were you trying to cheat'
'No we were just trying to gain a competitive advantage'
'By cheating'
'No, by fine margins'
'Well actually they're pretty big margins'
Luton’s pitch on 11:28 - Oct 16 with 1182 viewsfrancisbowles

Question for the op. Having seen the match was there any evidence of pitch narrowing?

I couldn't see any on the stream although we couldn't find any width and it was noticeable that they had room for ball boys on the halfway line.
Luton’s pitch on 12:21 - Oct 16 with 1118 viewsNorthantsHoop

From where I stood could not see any width changing of the pitch, it is such a tight ground anyway. My main concern is for the welfare of Jimmy Dunne, hope the injury is not a serious one, it looks worse on playback than in live action.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 12:22]
Luton’s pitch on 12:25 - Oct 16 with 1105 viewsqpr1976

Luton’s pitch on 12:21 - Oct 16 by NorthantsHoop

From where I stood could not see any width changing of the pitch, it is such a tight ground anyway. My main concern is for the welfare of Jimmy Dunne, hope the injury is not a serious one, it looks worse on playback than in live action.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2022 12:22]

The pitch was definitely narrower.
By about 3 foot each side. Apparently small adjustments are allowed (according to LT person)
No idea how that goes against the ruling listed above unless there is a minimal leeway.

To be fair, I no longer care, games over, we lost. Move on.
Login to get fewer ads

Luton’s pitch on 09:14 - Oct 17 with 943 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton’s pitch on 12:25 - Oct 16 by qpr1976

By about 3 foot each side. Apparently small adjustments are allowed (according to LT person)
No idea how that goes against the ruling listed above unless there is a minimal leeway.

How could you tell?
Luton’s pitch on 09:23 - Oct 17 with 917 viewsTheChef

And yesterday Hull's goals had to be shortened!

I assume the ref and his assistants just noticed it before the game and thought it was worth checking? I've never seen them go round with tape measures before games

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Luton’s pitch on 09:52 - Oct 17 with 879 viewsterryb

Luton’s pitch on 12:25 - Oct 16 by qpr1976

I don't think there was three feet between the touchline & the edge of the grass!
Luton’s pitch on 14:52 - Oct 17 with 774 viewsStevenageRanger

I didnt think the pitch was narrower to last season. I have a look at the pictures on their site from last seasons game but couldnt see the touchline. .

Yes it was about 3 feet away from the Astro turf but that is the same as it was for their Huddesfield game (see below).

So may have changed at start of season but not for us!!

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/siteassets/image/2022-23-match/sky-bet-championship/
Luton’s pitch on 17:32 - Oct 17 with 661 viewsParkRoyalR

Luton’s pitch on 09:14 - Oct 17 by PinnerPaul

How could you tell?

The colour of the 'grass' outside of the 'new' line in front of the Conservatory Stand suggested the line had been moved inwards, and the distance between the line and the Conservatory Stand definitely looked much wider having stood in the exact same place as last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024