Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bookies not paying out 18:45 - Jan 3 with 5845 viewsbritferry

He made this bet

Corals said the bets were "too closely related" and refused to pay out the £15,000 instead they offered him £660

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11595073/Punter-thought-hed-won-15k-10-

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Bookies not paying out on 18:56 - Jan 3 with 3232 viewsKeithHaynes

In law the bookies will surely be forced to pay up if it goes all the way ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bookies not paying out on 18:59 - Jan 3 with 3225 viewsCountyJim

Clearly the bookies employee shouldn't have accepted the bet then

I've had that on occasion they refused to take a bet because it was to closely linked
Bookies not paying out on 19:02 - Jan 3 with 3223 viewsbritferry

Bookies not paying out on 18:59 - Jan 3 by CountyJim

Clearly the bookies employee shouldn't have accepted the bet then

I've had that on occasion they refused to take a bet because it was to closely linked

Me too, it does look closely linked but where do they stand if its been accepted?

Bookies not paying out on 19:08 - Jan 3 with 3214 viewsCountyJim

Bookies not paying out on 19:02 - Jan 3 by britferry

Me too, it does look closely linked but where do they stand if its been accepted?

I've tried my luck before and why not

I've gone to place a bet on team winning a tie team to qualify for the next round and over 0.5 goals

But the employee was to smart 🤣🤣
Bookies not paying out on 19:32 - Jan 3 with 3182 viewsCatullus

If they accept the bet they should pay out, unless they can prove you have somehow cheated.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bookies not paying out on 20:38 - Jan 3 with 3127 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s called a ‘related contingency bet’ and there is no way it should be paid out.

If this was attempted to be placed online then it would be blocked, but in shops where the workers are often inexperienced - they can’t always spot them. I’ve no experience of working in these shops as I’m in the upper level corporate side, but can imagine they get extremely busy.

There is no final odds here, only odds for each single bet. There are no final combined odds because they don’t exist, you would need an algorithm to work it out.

What they can do, and what I would recommend they settle it as, is split the £10 over 3 bets and pay out the 3 singles.

£3.33 on Argentina win 11/2
£3.33 on Messi Golden Ball 9/1
£3.34 on Argentina v France Final

But it’s unlikely the punter would accept that as they will be falsely under the impression they should be after the combined price.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Bookies not paying out on 20:51 - Jan 3 with 3114 viewstrampie

The punter wrote £10 treble on the slip and the bookie took his money.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Bookies not paying out on 20:56 - Jan 3 with 3098 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bookies not paying out on 20:51 - Jan 3 by trampie

The punter wrote £10 treble on the slip and the bookie took his money.

Doesn’t matter what he/she wrote.

If he wrote in small print (and if it wins you must give me your company)… he/she wouldn’t be getting it either, whether it was missed by the worker or not.

It’s not a binding contract, it has to be a valid bet and it’s also down to the clients to be sure prior to placing it.

Login to get fewer ads

Bookies not paying out on 23:07 - Jan 3 with 3032 viewsKilkennyjack

Coral can afford it and should pay out.

They took the bet.
Blaming an employee simply does not wash.

And Coral will pay it at some point…..

Beware of the Risen People

Bookies not paying out on 23:35 - Jan 3 with 3008 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bookies not paying out on 23:07 - Jan 3 by Kilkennyjack

Coral can afford it and should pay out.

They took the bet.
Blaming an employee simply does not wash.

And Coral will pay it at some point…..

If they pay out then it sets a precedent, and while it may not cost very much in this instance the impact on the industry and client as a whole would be devastating.

It would stop all sports bets being placed via paper and mean everyone must do it electronically. That would make the lives of punters that much harder.

It’s very simple, if you want to make a bet, make sure it follows the rules of the company and won’t be rejected come collection time. Bets like this are obviously not allowed.

It’s like me putting a multi on:

Salah to score first 4/1
Liverpool to score first 1/2
Liverpool to score 1+ goals 1/7
Salah to score 1+ 4/6

And expecting to be paid for all 4 legs combined knowing that the first leg means they all win by default.

If people enjoy the convenience of being able to write their bets down and hand them in, then they should not want this obviously related bet to be paid. Because it will only eventually lead to a stopping of people being able to do so.

Bookies not paying out on 00:02 - Jan 4 with 3006 viewsbritferry

the one thing going against the punter, is that he wrote the odds.... they were the actual odds for each individual bet but as a treble, then thats a different matter

Bookies not paying out on 00:09 - Jan 4 with 2995 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bookies not paying out on 00:02 - Jan 4 by britferry

the one thing going against the punter, is that he wrote the odds.... they were the actual odds for each individual bet but as a treble, then thats a different matter

Indeed it’s an incorrectly filled out docket with no pre set odds.

If he wrote the odds of the treble out then he may have a case, but to me it looks like the teller has looked at it quickly and seen the three separate single prices.

A bit like putting in your lottery ticket with 1 number filled out, it being processed, getting that number come up and trying to claim the jackpot because you got “all” the numbers right.

It wasn’t filled in correctly.

Bookies not paying out on 10:09 - Jan 4 with 2892 viewsBest_loser

This isn't good PR for corals , whatever the technicalities , they took the bet , even in error they should accept some responsibility , split the difference and give him 7000
Bookies not paying out on 12:39 - Jan 4 with 2828 viewshowenjack

Bookies not paying out on 10:09 - Jan 4 by Best_loser

This isn't good PR for corals , whatever the technicalities , they took the bet , even in error they should accept some responsibility , split the difference and give him 7000

I think they have offered him £660
Bookies not paying out on 17:51 - Jan 4 with 2718 viewstrampie

The Coral/Ladbrokes group have form.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Bookies not paying out on 18:02 - Jan 4 with 2707 viewsonehunglow

Don’t gamble folks

Simple

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bookies not paying out on 18:05 - Jan 4 with 2707 viewstrampie

Argentina to win the tournament does not mean Messi wins player of the tournament and does not mean France make the final, I read about the same company not paying out another customer who seen a bet in a newspaper, the bookie had emailed the newspaper details of the bet, the customer took the newspaper in the shop said he would like to place the bet and then had to wait for half an hour when they rang head office, they said they would take the bet and he had the shop manager sign the bet when the bet came in the bookie would not honour it.
I don't think bookies should be allowed not to honour a bet they have taken the money for a bit like shops having to honour the advertised price.

Bookies not paying out on 19:08 - Jan 4 with 2674 viewstheloneranger

Bookies not paying out on 18:05 - Jan 4 by trampie

Argentina to win the tournament does not mean Messi wins player of the tournament and does not mean France make the final, I read about the same company not paying out another customer who seen a bet in a newspaper, the bookie had emailed the newspaper details of the bet, the customer took the newspaper in the shop said he would like to place the bet and then had to wait for half an hour when they rang head office, they said they would take the bet and he had the shop manager sign the bet when the bet came in the bookie would not honour it.
I don't think bookies should be allowed not to honour a bet they have taken the money for a bit like shops having to honour the advertised price.

A shop does NOT have to honour the advertised price.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bookies not paying out on 19:15 - Jan 4 with 2665 viewstrampie

Bookies not paying out on 19:08 - Jan 4 by theloneranger

A shop does NOT have to honour the advertised price.

That may well be the case but they still do in my very recent experience.

Bookies not paying out on 19:23 - Jan 4 with 2652 viewstrampie

Looking at citizens advice if the shop has taken the money then it's a contract and the bookmaker took the money, why bookies can try and get away with it when shops can't is something I've always found odd.

Bookies not paying out on 20:13 - Jan 4 with 2617 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bookies not paying out on 19:23 - Jan 4 by trampie

Looking at citizens advice if the shop has taken the money then it's a contract and the bookmaker took the money, why bookies can try and get away with it when shops can't is something I've always found odd.

Incorrect.

The bet has to comply with the rules.

Bookies not paying out on 20:18 - Jan 4 with 2603 viewstrampie

Bookies not paying out on 20:13 - Jan 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Incorrect.

The bet has to comply with the rules.

I never said any different, so you are incorrect in saying that I am incorrect, I can't see why bookies do have more wiggle room than shops.

Bookies not paying out on 20:23 - Jan 4 with 2597 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bookies not paying out on 18:05 - Jan 4 by trampie

Nope, but they have heavily related.

You will never be able to get Salah to score first, salah to score last and salah to score a hattrick at their single leg prices, as a treble. Because the relation is too heavy.

If we know Argentina win the tournament (which the bet assumes) then Messis price to win the Golden Ball drops to about 4/11, if we know they win the tournament then France being the opponents is about 13/8.

His prices are absolutely incorrect if he wants a treble, he can’t just make his own prices up. This is a related contingency bet and unless it’s offered as some kind of special, which takes the relation of these legs into the price factoring by skilled and experienced traders like yours truly, then you cannot back it.

Bookies not paying out on 20:25 - Jan 4 with 2593 viewshowenjack

Bookies not paying out on 19:23 - Jan 4 by trampie

Correct me if Iam wrong but I think bets are not actionable under English law .
Bookies not paying out on 20:40 - Jan 4 with 2573 viewstrampie

Bookies not paying out on 20:25 - Jan 4 by howenjack

Correct me if Iam wrong but I think bets are not actionable under English law .

May well be the case, bookies seem to have special dispensation to do what they like compared to others in society.

I was recently banned by a Liverpool bookmaker for winning too much, I was winning small amounts because they wouldn't take any sizable bets, their prices were poor but they were offering regular promotions near enough everyday on World cup matches which I would take advantage of, they didn't like it, bookies want it all their way, they take people's money but don't like paying out .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024