Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong - Passion Personified 21:38 - Apr 15 with 1761 viewsQuite_Possibly_Ropey

Evening all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. At a time when it is becoming more and more challenging to keep loving the club that I have supported since 1992 (we were quality back then kids, honest), I felt like I had to join your merry ranks to share a nugget of information following yet another pathetic display.

Spent the afternoon up in the fancy middle bit of South Africa road (missed the lads in upper loft obviously) for my Uncle's 70th birthday. During the game, the injured players were sitting not far from us - Kakay, Clarke-Salter, Amos and young Sinclair Armstrong. At the final whistle all of the players cleared off sharpish but Sinclair remained, sitting there in his chair. He was despondent, completely shocked with all of us at what he was witnessing.

We went over to say hello to him but it quickly turned to us encouraging and comforting as the lad was sitting there with tears in his eyes. He said something along the lines of "we are so f***ing bad at the moment".

But in that moment it dawned on me that there are still some players in this club who do give a toffee. Very few seemingly, granted. If the rest of them had even half of the passion for this club that young Sinclair does then we would be nowhere near the sorry state we are now. While we are clearly seeing that passion in isolation isn't enough (I do worry for Gareth as we are 100% getting worse), I think that this sort of passion coupled with Sinclair's raw physical attributes could make him something of a force next season.

Especially if the seemingly inevitable happens, as he could potentially tear it up in league 1.

This could be hospitality beers talking, or I could be frantically searching for something positive to add at this desperate time. But wanted to share, regardless.
Sinclair Armstrong - Passion Personified on 21:43 - Apr 15 with 1698 viewsHammersmithR

If he cared he’d be out there playing. How can an 18 old be constantly injured? Our players are powder puff. Look at Barbet. Nearly 70 games playing week in and week out. These players get a tweak and they’re out for weeks. Next season I want to see none of them wearing the shirt.
Sinclair Armstrong - Passion Personified on 22:57 - Apr 15 with 1376 viewsStanisgod

Sinclair Armstrong - Passion Personified on 21:43 - Apr 15 by HammersmithR

If he cared he’d be out there playing. How can an 18 old be constantly injured? Our players are powder puff. Look at Barbet. Nearly 70 games playing week in and week out. These players get a tweak and they’re out for weeks. Next season I want to see none of them wearing the shirt.

Field excepted.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Sinclair Armstrong - Passion Personified on 23:10 - Apr 15 with 1304 viewsJAY

Sinclair Armstrong - Passion Personified on 21:43 - Apr 15 by HammersmithR

How can a 18 year old be constantly injured? It’s perfectly possible. Everytime he has played he’s put in more effort than most no?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024