Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Gauge interview 09:30 - Apr 25 with 8402 viewsCedar_Room

Haven’t seen the full clip but genuinely cannot believe what I’m hearing here.
If he’s telling us this is the best he could have done, that he has no regrets and is satisfied he tried everything possible IN A SEASON WE GOT RELEGATED FROM THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE then how is this not the preamble to saying ‘and therefore I have realised I do not have the necessary skills required for this job and resign from my post’.

How the hell is this acceptable?
Simon Gauge interview (n/t) on 21:47 - Apr 25 with 1652 viewsturnthescrew

Simon Gauge interview (n/t) on 21:29 - Apr 25 by Dale_flow

He made the best decisions he could at the time, regardless of success or failure he tried to make the best decisions he could for the club. What more do you expect? Climb our of your time machine, stick your 100k in and have a go.

In respect of the Chairman and fellow Directors, they were the club saviours, without question.

Sadly, their expertise in the sphere of football business was/is sadly lacking, but never let it be said that they didn't do their best.

It was a tough gig to start with and got progressively tougher as the true state of affairs was revealed. I'm not sure the full picture has ever been disclosed, but clearly the wreckage left by the previous CEO was almost beyond rescue.

It's now time to consider other options and when possible hand the reins over. No recriminations, absolutely no need for the abuse being dished out by those IQ challenged pillocks.

Move on together in search of calmer waters and greener pastures. Up the Dale.
Simon Gauge interview (n/t) on 22:30 - Apr 25 with 1473 viewsDale_flow

Simon Gauge interview (n/t) on 21:47 - Apr 25 by turnthescrew

In respect of the Chairman and fellow Directors, they were the club saviours, without question.

Sadly, their expertise in the sphere of football business was/is sadly lacking, but never let it be said that they didn't do their best.

It was a tough gig to start with and got progressively tougher as the true state of affairs was revealed. I'm not sure the full picture has ever been disclosed, but clearly the wreckage left by the previous CEO was almost beyond rescue.

It's now time to consider other options and when possible hand the reins over. No recriminations, absolutely no need for the abuse being dished out by those IQ challenged pillocks.

Move on together in search of calmer waters and greener pastures. Up the Dale.

100% Agree.
Simon Gauge interview (n/t) on 06:58 - Apr 26 with 1286 viewsfrenzied

Simon Gauge interview (n/t) on 22:30 - Apr 25 by Dale_flow

100% Agree.

Ditto
Simon Gauge interview on 09:10 - Apr 26 with 1178 viewselectricblue

Simon Gauge interview on 12:25 - Apr 25 by samueloneils

Why the blame game? So many things went wrong from Bottomley onwards. What does it achieve except to get it off your chest?

No one thing made the difference.

49th Season absolutely right. The next few 14 or 15 weeks are probably the most important in the Dale`s history even though I`l never f orget 1980 and Altrincham. We could easily have gone the way of Workington and Bradford PA then.

We still have a ground and a club.

In these coming weeks the management of the club have to sort out the following.

1. Who is the management going to be!!

2. How to slim down the playing staff. So far as I`m aware we still have 29 full-time players on our books. Ridiculously high and expensive. Even after you take out all the loanees and even if you went a stage further and took out all the players with contracts ending in June, you still have 10 players left by my reckoning. Some of these would probably not be in most fans` squad and these will have to be negotiated with.

3. What finances are available, and therefore set a budget for the coming season- whoever is in charge.

Now its very easy to say "Sack the Board! They`re to blame They`re not making the right noises. Thet`re not talking to the fans."

But someone has to take responsibility for the actions above. And ruddy quick too.

This is what matters right now. Recriminations later.

That is shocking to have 29 full time players at tbe club is wayyyy to big..

I think 16 contracted players and 4 loanees are enough at our level..

Just think upon how much can be saved possibly £20k a week is rough estimate....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Simon Gauge interview on 10:00 - Apr 26 with 1093 viewsfermin

Simon Gauge interview on 09:10 - Apr 26 by electricblue

That is shocking to have 29 full time players at tbe club is wayyyy to big..

I think 16 contracted players and 4 loanees are enough at our level..

Just think upon how much can be saved possibly £20k a week is rough estimate....

It is because you have 18 players in the matchday squad in the EFL. I think it will be 16 in the National League. All of this means that clubs have to carry bigger squads to cover for injuries etc than they used to which adds to the expense compared to the past.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024