Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who the heck do we vote for 18:34 - Aug 31 with 6248 viewsshingle

Had a discussion on this with my mates and we all agreed that voting for the Tories is a no no after the mess they have caused and what has happened to the country under them, and Labour seem like a disaster waiting to happen with there rudderless policies it seems they cannot explain how they will carry out everything they propose if you think the immigration situation is bad now just wait to see how bad it gets under them, we have been told just how bad the Lib Dems have been in the past and Plaid are also of no benefit either, the younger generations futures look bleak as fcuk under either of those lot so just who can we vote for.
Who the heck do we vote for on 18:39 - Sep 11 with 816 viewsmajorraglan

Who the heck do we vote for on 22:17 - Sep 10 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

They claim it’s because of safety but that doesn’t measure up either. There were around 4000 casualties from RTA’s in 2022. That seems a lot but there are hundreds of millions or even billions of journeys made every year that’s a minuscule amount of injuries. Also of those 4000 only 25% resulted in serious injury or death. This suggests statistically that the roads are pretty damn safe as it is.

Also lowering the speed limit won’t have any effect on those who drive dangerously anyway or drive whilst under the influence of drink or drugs. I’d wager they are the cause of a great deal of accidents.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 20:36]

KSI’s which is the measure of collisions is showing a long downward trend line, albeit there are a few blips along the way.
Given that the number of people and vehicles using the roads are increasing and casualties are reducing, it is on the face of it a positive story. According to something I read the other day, the main cause of collisions was people not looking properly and that was 38% of all collisions, chuck in the drug and drink related incidents and were up to 50%. I can recall the exact breakdown, but collisions down to excess speed on their own weren’t that high. In reality, where we are now is a success story.
We can’t be complacent, but we don’t need the draconian 20mph limit forced on us. What I would like to see is the drink and drug drivers getting hammered in the Courts, the headers doing 60 etc in 30’s and the mobile phone users (especially the ones texting) having some severe penalties imposed on them.
Who the heck do we vote for on 19:14 - Sep 11 with 793 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who the heck do we vote for on 18:33 - Sep 11 by Whiterockin

I think Westminster and Senedd would have different results.

I'd vote for an indy Labour candidate in both.
Who the heck do we vote for on 19:44 - Sep 11 with 774 viewsWhiterockin

Who the heck do we vote for on 19:14 - Sep 11 by SullutaCreturned

I'd vote for an indy Labour candidate in both.

Hard to say yet as I'm waiting for the Lib Dem policies. It will also be interesting to see how the Starmer/Raynor relationship develops, apparently that's getting very tetchy and they need to come up with policies. In the Senedd I'm not totally against Plaid, if they dropped the independence stance. They need to get elected then show they can run Wales properly, before they think bigger. So all in all currently I haven't a clue.
Who the heck do we vote for on 17:41 - Sep 12 with 707 viewsjohnlangy

Who the heck do we vote for on 19:44 - Sep 11 by Whiterockin

Hard to say yet as I'm waiting for the Lib Dem policies. It will also be interesting to see how the Starmer/Raynor relationship develops, apparently that's getting very tetchy and they need to come up with policies. In the Senedd I'm not totally against Plaid, if they dropped the independence stance. They need to get elected then show they can run Wales properly, before they think bigger. So all in all currently I haven't a clue.

I would have thought that Plaid having an Independence stance was irrelevant. If they were elected with a majority in the Senedd with Indy as their aim then proceeded to make a pigs breakfast of running the country they'd never get an Indy referendum through.

On the other hand, if they did do a good job they'd have a right to call a referendum when the time was right that being in their manifesto.
Who the heck do we vote for on 19:47 - Sep 12 with 677 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who the heck do we vote for on 17:41 - Sep 12 by johnlangy

I would have thought that Plaid having an Independence stance was irrelevant. If they were elected with a majority in the Senedd with Indy as their aim then proceeded to make a pigs breakfast of running the country they'd never get an Indy referendum through.

On the other hand, if they did do a good job they'd have a right to call a referendum when the time was right that being in their manifesto.

Oh John, I'm disappointed. People who 100% don't want indy won't vote for Plaid because we won't take that chance.

It's much the same as why those who want indy would never allow us another vote on devolution.
Who the heck do we vote for on 20:43 - Sep 12 with 648 viewsWhiterockin

Who the heck do we vote for on 19:47 - Sep 12 by SullutaCreturned

Oh John, I'm disappointed. People who 100% don't want indy won't vote for Plaid because we won't take that chance.

It's much the same as why those who want indy would never allow us another vote on devolution.

I would hope that Plaid want the best for Wales and the Welsh people. They would need to get into power to show what they can do. Only then can they think of independence and then it would need a vote, probably long after my days. I personally discount nothing, but things would need to change massively for it to work. Either way labour in Wales is not working.
Who the heck do we vote for on 09:45 - Sep 13 with 608 viewscontroversial_jack

Who the heck do we vote for on 20:43 - Sep 12 by Whiterockin

I would hope that Plaid want the best for Wales and the Welsh people. They would need to get into power to show what they can do. Only then can they think of independence and then it would need a vote, probably long after my days. I personally discount nothing, but things would need to change massively for it to work. Either way labour in Wales is not working.

Plaid support similar policies to Labour. They support the 20mph limits and the war on motorists
Who the heck do we vote for on 19:13 - Sep 13 with 576 viewsshingle

Who the heck do we vote for on 20:43 - Sep 12 by Whiterockin

Plaid`s main interests is what would be the best for them, they have never ever been of much benefit to anyone so why would it change now, saying that Labour, the Tories and the Lib Dems are proven to be of of no benefit either so voting for one of those four is just plain dumb, we really need to find another party and just give them a go question is who and that seem`s to be a hard question to answer.
Login to get fewer ads

Who the heck do we vote for on 20:54 - Sep 13 with 544 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who the heck do we vote for on 19:13 - Sep 13 by shingle

Plaid`s main interests is what would be the best for them, they have never ever been of much benefit to anyone so why would it change now, saying that Labour, the Tories and the Lib Dems are proven to be of of no benefit either so voting for one of those four is just plain dumb, we really need to find another party and just give them a go question is who and that seem`s to be a hard question to answer.

I've pushed a similar line, the current bunch of politicians have failed miserably. We need something new.
Who the heck do we vote for on 21:16 - Sep 14 with 477 viewsyatesie3

Maybe a party will make scraping 20mph and proper funding the NHS a priority etc to get the votes?
Who the heck do we vote for on 07:55 - Sep 15 with 435 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who the heck do we vote for on 21:16 - Sep 14 by yatesie3

Maybe a party will make scraping 20mph and proper funding the NHS a priority etc to get the votes?

Honestly, I think if they'd reduced it to 25 they wouldn't have had so much push back because you quite often only do 25 in most residential areas anyway, narrow roads, speed bumps and other traffic all slow you down.

Proper NHS funding would be nice. Stop wasting money on things most of us don't seem to want and put it where it's needed.

Spending on the Welsh language, the 20 mph stuff, increasing their number in the Senedd and many ither things when people are suffering and dying is reprehensible.
Their job is to look after the people and they are failing. They are ok though, big wages, big expense accounts, they neither know nor care what life is like for very many people in OUR country.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024