Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our manager 13:11 - Sep 4 with 3169 viewssaint22

Has he actually apologised for the debacle on Saturday and taken responsibility for it with that abominable selection and tactics
Our manager on 09:52 - Sep 5 with 870 viewssaintwizzler

Our manager on 09:44 - Sep 5 by SFC_Referee

Well it ain’t, as many on here and the saintswebb we’re debating who should/shouldn’t be playing in all the other positions outside of Mara’s, as yeah Che should’ve played over him all day long, but for midfield and wingers basically everyone else was up for debate which is exactly why many have argued over it.
And defensively, for who was available that was always gonna be the defence we played, although hopefully that can change with players becoming available.

Charles could have played Centre Back alongside Bednarek, but he was preferred on the bench alongside Adams.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Our manager on 09:55 - Sep 5 with 873 viewsdirk_doone

There are several players who are liabilities and they really shouldn't be allowed to play for Saints again if we want to get promoted. That includes our goalkeepers as well as some of the players signed in the last 2 transfer windows. Of course, they will play. Recruitment of both players and managers has been especially bad in the last two years. That's more because of the stupidity epitomised by Ankersen's 'embrace failure' philosophy than because of the amount of money spent.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 10:05]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Our manager on 11:04 - Sep 5 with 813 viewsSFC_Referee

Our manager on 09:52 - Sep 5 by saintwizzler

Charles could have played Centre Back alongside Bednarek, but he was preferred on the bench alongside Adams.

Yes but we’ve only really played Charles there when we’ve not had enough centre half’s available, which wasn’t the case in Sunday , and RM can hardly be criticised for playing Holgate, as many wanted to see him play, and I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted him playing as poor as he did. As there was basically nobody complaining about the defence when that team sheet came out, as yeah some weren’t happy with Manning and Bazunu but for what we’ve got it kinda removed any arguments.
And then for midfield and ho front, yeah I don’t disagree that Charles should’ve played, but at the same time many said Smallbone and Downes should’ve, and other than the Mara for Che swap, not everyone was in agreement for who should be starting

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Our manager on 11:24 - Sep 5 with 802 views1885_SFC

Our manager on 11:04 - Sep 5 by SFC_Referee

Yes but we’ve only really played Charles there when we’ve not had enough centre half’s available, which wasn’t the case in Sunday , and RM can hardly be criticised for playing Holgate, as many wanted to see him play, and I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted him playing as poor as he did. As there was basically nobody complaining about the defence when that team sheet came out, as yeah some weren’t happy with Manning and Bazunu but for what we’ve got it kinda removed any arguments.
And then for midfield and ho front, yeah I don’t disagree that Charles should’ve played, but at the same time many said Smallbone and Downes should’ve, and other than the Mara for Che swap, not everyone was in agreement for who should be starting

I would have gone with the following:

Saint22

Dirk... I_would... Cocklebreath... Dorset Ian

sledger... saints_fan_73... GRIM... Londonsaint76

saint901... saintwizzler

There's no way the team above would have fared any worse than RM's sh1t-show did on the day. It was embarrassing & humiliating in equal measure.

* Pat; you're responsible for the HT oranges for the guys and Grumps; you're rubbing the liniment oil on aching legs.

Old School is Cool

Our manager on 12:44 - Sep 5 with 743 viewsSFC_Referee

Our manager on 11:24 - Sep 5 by 1885_SFC

Saint22

saint901... saintwizzler

There's no way the team above would have fared any worse than RM's sh1t-show did on the day. It was embarrassing & humiliating in equal measure.

* Pat; you're responsible for the HT oranges for the guys and Grumps; you're rubbing the liniment oil on aching legs.

And am I the ref that sends I_would off for foul and abusive language within the first 15 minutes?

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Our manager on 13:19 - Sep 5 with 721 viewssaint901

Saint22

saint901... saintwizzler

In my playing days I was initially a left wing and then then back (often not as far back as some of my team mates would have preferred).

Can I switch sides please?
Our manager on 13:38 - Sep 5 with 715 views1885_SFC

Our manager on 13:19 - Sep 5 by saint901

In my playing days I was initially a left wing and then then back (often not as far back as some of my team mates would have preferred).

Can I switch sides please?

Unfortunately not mate. In keeping with recent Saints tradition, the vast majority will have to play out of positions they're comfortable with.

Old School is Cool

Our manager on 14:31 - Sep 5 with 683 viewskingolaf

Saint22

saint901... saintwizzler

I’m a better keeper than 22, easily.
Login to get fewer ads

Our manager on 14:44 - Sep 5 with 672 viewsHeisenberg

Saint22

saint901... saintwizzler

Not even the bench. Ffs

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Our manager on 14:46 - Sep 5 with 672 views1885_SFC

Our manager on 14:31 - Sep 5 by kingolaf

I’m a better keeper than 22, easily.

You're definitely a better keeper than McCarthy... and that's without ever seeing you play!

Old School is Cool

Our manager on 14:54 - Sep 5 with 669 views1885_SFC

Our manager on 14:44 - Sep 5 by Heisenberg

Not even the bench. Ffs

Yeah, sorry Heisenberg. The scouting reports on you came back as "flatters to deceive" and "never puts in a shift. Can't be arsed".

Up your game pal.

Old School is Cool

Our manager on 15:28 - Sep 5 with 628 viewsHeisenberg

Our manager on 14:54 - Sep 5 by 1885_SFC

Yeah, sorry Heisenberg. The scouting reports on you came back as "flatters to deceive" and "never puts in a shift. Can't be arsed".

Up your game pal.

Transfer request submitted.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Our manager on 16:19 - Sep 5 with 606 viewscotswoldsaint

Our manager on 07:38 - Sep 5 by Heisenberg

‘The appointment of RM is a gamble’. It’s not a gamble at all. He can’t set up a team that defends. It doesn’t matter which players we have and if we have a world class keeper if we leave Edozie has as the only man back when we have a corner. Or leave your back four unprotected all the time. I keep saying it and happy to be proven wrong but we have absolutely no chance of going up if we continue conceding like we do. And it’s Martins responsibility to sort it. We should have appointed an experienced manager who has been there and done it. With our squad we would not be conceding like we do.

I totally agree with the experienced manager comment. While he may come with a health warning, I wonder if SR ever considered Scott Parker before gambling on RM...?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 16:33]
Our manager on 16:23 - Sep 5 with 606 views1885_SFC

Our manager on 15:28 - Sep 5 by Heisenberg

Refused. Out on loan to SaintsWeb forum for rest of the season.

Old School is Cool

Our manager on 17:24 - Sep 5 with 580 viewscocklebreath

Left centre back? I am left footed but in my hey day I was a flying winger and later a classy play making centre mid, retired by 15.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Our manager on 07:35 - Sep 6 with 482 viewssaint22

Our manager on 15:28 - Sep 5 by Heisenberg

another one with potential we cashed in :)
Our manager on 14:38 - Sep 7 with 364 viewssaint901

Our manager on 14:54 - Sep 5 by 1885_SFC

Up your game pal.

Then we should buy him immediately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024