Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God I miss the vetch 15:25 - Jan 6 with 5236 viewsChippy69

Sorry just having an emotional moment

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

God I miss the vetch on 18:59 - Jan 8 with 573 views1983

God I miss the vetch on 10:10 - Jan 7 by SullutaCreturned

That's part of the problem, we're not allowed to be socially honest any more. We have to conform, we have to fit in and agree with the "new" way of doing things. Freedom of speech is still allowed as long as you don't say anything "they" don't like.

On here there are things we are not allowed to discuss.

Being socially honest is something you can only do with like minded people in quiet corners these days. Otherwise you'll end up in trouble.

Exactly this if people were really really honest about life the world would implode. We're all living lies with one thing or another and now too afraid to really speak our minds out of our circle of family & friends.

I read Jim Davidson book years ago and he said the day his career ended was the day he turned down co hosting Rednose day with Lenny Henry (whom were both big mates n the 1970's early 1980's doing the circuit) he said how can I go on TV and ask the British public for millions of pounds for a foreign country when these people have been working hard all week and I have plenty of money!

His career didn't end because he was a XYZ his career ended because he refused to "move with the times" This from a man who was bigger than the likes of Ant & Dec.

There must be millions of people still alive who thought he was hilarious but now all want to call him a XYZ because thats what were are told through the media, twitter..etc

Please don't dig me out about JD I'm just using his situation as an example.

God I miss the vetch on 19:20 - Jan 8 with 538 viewsbuilthjack

1968 my first game. My Dad was always a Swans fan.
Used to go as a family , dinner in the continental on high st, sit in the double decker, look over at the prison to see a few trying to get a peek at the game. Get excited to see Gwyther, Brian Evans , Herbie etc.
Walking to the game there would be programme sellers, scarf sellers, rosette sellers, badge sellers, Then up the wooden stairs to the double decker with its unique all wood plank seats.
Every game was an occasion.
Then when I was about 14 I was allowed to go on the train, Swans fans from Builth, Llangammarch, Llanwrtyd, Llandovery, Llandeilo, there would be a carriage full.
That’s when I got in the North bank. What a place. The smell, stale pee, 250 deg pasties, bovril, then the walk up into the theatre. The Indian guy who always stood next to the entrance, the tv gantry, the passion and noise.
Amazing place.
[Post edited 8 Jan 20:16]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

God I miss the vetch on 19:31 - Jan 8 with 531 viewsSullutaCreturned

God I miss the vetch on 18:59 - Jan 8 by 1983

Exactly this if people were really really honest about life the world would implode. We're all living lies with one thing or another and now too afraid to really speak our minds out of our circle of family & friends.

I read Jim Davidson book years ago and he said the day his career ended was the day he turned down co hosting Rednose day with Lenny Henry (whom were both big mates n the 1970's early 1980's doing the circuit) he said how can I go on TV and ask the British public for millions of pounds for a foreign country when these people have been working hard all week and I have plenty of money!

His career didn't end because he was a XYZ his career ended because he refused to "move with the times" This from a man who was bigger than the likes of Ant & Dec.

There must be millions of people still alive who thought he was hilarious but now all want to call him a XYZ because thats what were are told through the media, twitter..etc

Imagine Chubby Brown and Bernard manning today, they'd be locked up.
God I miss the vetch on 20:11 - Jan 8 with 500 viewsTreforys_Jack

God I miss the vetch on 18:59 - Jan 8 by 1983

Like it or lump it we're becoming extinct, being replaced by social media controlled zombies.
God I miss the vetch on 13:37 - Jan 9 with 415 viewsSullutaCreturned

God I miss the vetch on 20:11 - Jan 8 by Treforys_Jack

Like it or lump it we're becoming extinct, being replaced by social media controlled zombies.

And they can have any opinion they like as long as it's not their own.
God I miss the vetch on 14:25 - Jan 9 with 391 viewsFlashberryjack

Park the car in the old Gas works, then a few pre match drinks in the Swansea Jack , then onto to watch the game, that was in the Toshack era, fantastic memories.

Although I expect the youngsters of today will be reminiscing in a similar way about the Liberty/Swansea.com stadium in 30 years time, lets hope like us, they only remember the good times.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024